LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8193-4915-4160-2184

TV Guide Channel (Japan Only)

Hey guys, just browsing through the GoNintendo site and it looks like japan gots a new channel called TV Guide Channel looks kinda interesting and weird... i heard it takes out like 135 blocks space for it... what do you all think?... check out the link below to see the video.

Link video: http://gonintendo.com/?p=36903

Wii Friend Code: 8193-4915-4160-218
    PS3 PSN ID: Hayato510
    XB360 Gamertag: Hayato510

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    there no doubt the US version would vary greatly... i would try it

space doesn't matter to me... i would just buy an SD Card
    if i have money to blow on somethine... i better have the accessory

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Wii TV Guide Channel Launches In Japan

Nintendo released their latest Wii channel today: the TV Friend Channel. What is it? A TV Guide. With benefits. Yes, on the surface, it's just a TV guide with the ability to highlight shows you'd like to watch. BORING. Some of the things Nintendo have added to spice things up a little, however, aren't quite boring. For one, while the Channel's running, it'll let you use your Wii Remote as a TV Remote. Pointless, yes, but interesting nonetheless. The Channel will also have limited community features: you'll be able to see what shows your friends have highlighted, and Nintendo will centrally track these records (as well as star-ratings for each program). Still pointless, but a little more interesting. Finally, it'll also let you register your mobile number and e-mail address: mark a show on the guide that you wanna see, and 30 minutes before it starts you'll get a text message and/or an email about it. That's not pointless. It's downright useful!
    linkage

HOWEVER,

No Europe plans for Wii TV guide

Nintendo has launched a TV guide channel for Wii in Japan, but Nintendo Europe has told Eurogamer there are "no plans for Europe".

IGN reports that it's called the "Television Friend Channel", costs nothing, and allows you and your friends and family to keep track of programmes up to a week in advance.

If you tag a programme, a little Mii stamp appears on it so people can see what you're watching (so, Dancing With Ice In Their Stars or whatever bollocks Ellie usually references).

The channel will even send out alerts to your phone or email inbox in advance of the show starting.

Perhaps most interesting though, it allows you to use the Wiimote as an actual TV remote, switching from the TV guide to your actual TV channels.

This is evidently more complicated than it sounds, however, as IGN notes that it involves bouncing a sensor bar signal off the wall. Magic.

For the moment the Television Friend Channel is Japan-only, as it uses a local G-Guide service, but it's the sort of thing Nintendo typically rolls out here too.
    LINKAGE

YEAH, SO IT SUX FOR EUROPEANS

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    So far talks for the american version has been shot down from what I've seen aswell..

Although it's pretty useless anyone with cable or satelite of any kind has a interactive TV guide channe, or atleast the scrolling t.v. guide channel. And honeslty there isn't enough people with attena t.v. service anymore to worry about releasing it. This is just something thats not normally included in every day t.v. service in Japan. Neat feature but not needed..

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    It just looks like the TV Guide Channel I have at home, and even if this did come to North America I would not download it. What needs to come over here to North America though is the Everybody's Nintendo Channel.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    8193-4915-4160-2184
    Yeah i rather use my Comcast Digital Cable... its much better for me, haha... go on demand and other things too.

Member #
    Friends
    0426-6072-0331-5294
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    So far talks for the american version has been shot down from what I've seen aswell..

Although it's pretty useless anyone with cable or satelite of any kind has a interactive TV guide channe, or atleast the scrolling t.v. guide channel. And honeslty there isn't enough people with attena t.v. service anymore to worry about releasing it. This is just something thats not normally included in every day t.v. service in Japan. Neat feature but not needed..
    yea i read somewhere that they cant make a US version because there is one tv scedule for the US there is a lot
    Spoiler Alert!

thanks for the sig idjut
    MOH:H2 persona PwnMastr
    you think you can beat me in Brawl then try fc: 4167-4171-6395 name PwnMa
    dane cook once said
    no no no cheese extra bun seeds no bun seeds no no no yes no cheese extra pickles how much, cheese pickle extra pickles cheese bun seeds ice ...
    BK Lounge

Member #
    Friends
    *yaaaaaaawn*

What a mind numbingly mundane idea...

...almost fell asleep reading that article.

Member #
    Friends
    8193-4915-4160-2184
    Just posting a better quality video for this review of the TV Guide Channel and talks about it of what it is and all.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=37125

Ads