Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Haz
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Where did you here that? Im pretty sure it would use the USB cord like the HD-DVD player.
    My sources are from directly within the industry and I'm sure IGN had something on their site.

The reason for the different adaptor type is to incorporate greater speeds (eSATA).

Write like a four year old and I'll treat you as such Haz, proudly supporting correct use of English and grammar on the forums.
    Think before posting Ask a dumb question and prepare to be owned.

FYI - Internet is always a capital I. Look it up!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Because Wii-mote is fun but its not very precise. Since keeping your hand/arm absolutely still is not very easy its better to use a controller.
    All you need is practice.

If you want games to be like real life, then you are going to have to use gun controls, not joystick or mouse controls.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver
    Lol, Controllers are for noobs who can't see the future. The Wiimote has so much potential in the shooting department but yet there are only few games that make use of the controls so well.

And yes, me being a hardcore PC gamer, i would prefer a mouse and keyboard but the wiimote would be second in my book. Controllers just plain suck for shooters when compared to the wiimote (and nothing compared to the mouse+keyboard). But the only reason I can't prove it is because there just aren't enough fps games on the Wii! The reason why people use controllers is because it was the only way and only choice to play and people got used to it. The 360(as an example) only offered a controller, no other option. If (theoretically), in the beginning a wiimote and controller came out at the same time on the same system, the wiimote obviously would have been king. But obviously, that's not how real life works and not how technology progressed. People are apt to change controllers because they feel a close relationship with the controller and the hundreds of hours they have spent perfecting and maneuvering the controller would have felt wasted.

The wiimote is perfect for shooters and definitely trumps the controller. There is just so much potential. It doesn't lack anything, other than the fact that few developers have tried making a shooter. Give them some time. Great examples like MOHH2 and MP3 will open their eyes and hopefully they are already in the process of making unannounced shooters.

oh yea, another thing. The Wiimote is definitely more precise than the controller. You don't have to move your arm/hand. I've always rested my arm on my knees when I play shooters and move my wrist around, precise enough.
    very true. thats how i play mohh2. just pput the hand on the knee and pwn the noobs. right on!

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    Going to make a generalisation for the benefit of the Wii
    Xbox 360's overheat and go into a state of meltdown
    Wii Code: 1239-8220-4889-4526

Guitar Hero 3 Name: Marti
    Guitar Hero 3 Code: 0559-6317-7092

PM if you add me

Member #
    Friends
    mohh2 is the best fps with online out(its online uses ea's servers)
    redsteel 2 was rumored to have online but who knows
    redsteel1 has decent 4 player mode
    hopefully ubisoft and ea will make more fps
    wii has a few rail shooters also:
    ghost squad, house of dead 2 & 3 and re:uc

360 is great for fps now but who knows about next year

its rumored that other companys are making graphics engine for fps for the wii such as
    http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/08/vi...-fps-controls/

more fps for wii is inevitable
    we need to demand it

Member #
    Friends
    8294-6630-1949-8016
    If you really like FPS games OP, buy an Xbox 360. All the good FPS games are on the 360. Plus, the online is better(voice chat,easier to manage friends).
    Last edited by VidyaVince; 03-06-2008 at 08:24 PM.

Ads