+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: wii screen

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8204-3159-3293-3808
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimn
    $1000 For a tv is totally in budget for more people than do they just choose to spend on other things. $3.00 a pack for cigarettes x 365 days a year =$1,095
    OK I do retract my comment about laser and Sed tv.
    what the hell ru talking about ?
    cigarettes don't cost 3.00 a pack -_-
    Its like 9~12 dollars.
    The day when I got my Wii
    Janurary 29th 2008
    The day when I got my SSBB
    March 9th 2008, second person to get it in line
    at FutureShop
    BRAWL CODE: 0044~2473~8805
    Nickname: Han

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jason416
    thanks guys
    but HDTV cost like over $1000 on a store and i cnat afford that much...
    I got a small HDTV for like $300. Granted its only 15", but thats all I need because its in my room and I am only a few feet away from it.

Its got really high resolution. I hooked up a xbox360 and it had just as good, if not better, a picture than my friends widescreen hdtv.
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred
    I got a small HDTV for like $300. Granted its only 15", but thats all I need because its in my room and I am only a few feet away from it.
    Its got really high resolution.
    No it doesn't. It's got 720 lines, which is "low" HD.

I hooked up a xbox360 and it had just as good, if not better, a picture than my friends widescreen hdtv.
    Impossible. Your friend's HDTV is either 720p (same as yours) or 1080p (better than yours).

The only way yours would look better would be if your friends' was hooked up wrong (composite or S-Video cables resulting in a standard-def image on an HDTV) and yours was hooked up right (component cables, Wii set to 480p, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    4842-2271-0989-9857
    Whatever
    Last edited by Pantalaimn; 03-11-2008 at 02:21 PM.
    GH3- 081731642247 I really suck
    MOHH2-
    Endless Ocean-4195-0089-7111

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimn
    Doubtful!
    I just got back from Best Buy and I didn't A: see many CRT sets compared to the entire back wall filled with flat screens. B: no one at the registers buying Crt sets.
    Your point?

I don't recall stating that someone buying a new TV wouldn't get a flat-panel. Of course that's all that's going to be on the shelves.

My point (which I stick to) is that most people have 4:3 already and one of the deterrents of upgrading is the cost. Another is that their existing 4:3 is still working just fine and they lack any real incentive to replace it.

My cars have been payed off for 8 years; yes I could trade it in for a new one with a payment each month + interest.. But it is fine and there is your money for a HDTV.
    Well bully for you. But your anecdotal example of yourself has nothing to do with my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Ads