Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    It really first comes down to the type of games you like. BAsed on what you have said it seems like you could be happy in pretty much any aspect of gaming.

Now with Nintendo you will get more variety overall of game types and very dedicated and long list of 1st party games like Galaxy,SSBB,Mario Kart,Strikers,Mario Party ect.ect. But Nintendo hasn't been the best supported 3rd party game wise for some time now, and it's more of a gamble than a guarantee that the 3rd party will wise up enough to show support for the dominating console "sales wise".
    Don't get me wrong they are getting some big titles like GH3,Rockband,Starwars, ect. But the big "hardcore titles" like GTA,COD,FF type games will not shine on the Wii unless they design it specific for the Wii as opposed to a cheep port, and so far this attutuide twards the Wii seems to be in the minority for 3rd party.

With 360 you get THE BEST online support with a few very good 1st party games, Beyond that you will also get almost a complete list of the top 3rd party titles aswell to join it. There has been hardware issues but as its been pointed out they are dealing with them and it seems to be very well so far.

If the games can't sway you one way or another ask yourself what type of gaming you do more.

Is most of your gaming by yourself or playing friends online? " If so go 360"

Or is most of your gaming shared with the company of friends in your home and the occasional online? "If so you want the Wii"

Touchy subject really only you can decide in the end based on your own taste.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    If you like to shoot things, get the Xbox.

If you like unique, fun games, get the Wii.

Perfectly spoken...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Prime example of why you should not listen to the average Wii Chat person because this is a Wii forum and most of them are biased or they are just misinformed. There are PLENTY of non FPS games. Hell the next 5 or so games I do plan on buying for my 360 are not FPS games.
    Exactly.

You should really just do your own research, and find out which current/announced games you'll enjoy playing the most.

Member #
    Friends
    6394-7935-9781-6435
    I have both, all three consoles actually. I find I play my 360 the most, followed by the Wii, then the PS3 (mostly use it for Blu-rays). The 360 has the best online play by a mile. But with family and friends over, the Wii is the most fun! It all depends on what kinds of games you're into. I'm in love with Halo so I had to have the 360 but it sounds like you're a big SSB fan so maybe the Wii is for you.
    SSBB FC: 1590-4354-8694
    PSWii60

Member #
    Friends
    I would say buy a wii first because it's cheaper, reliable, dependable, and different. You can buy a 360 in a few months when they come out with a better version with blu-ray because they need to compete with Sony. If you buy a 360 first like right now, a newer better version will be out soon and you just wasted your loot. You won't be dissapointed with the wii since you like Brawl. Plus there's Mario Galaxy where you can defy gravity, then grapple and shoot with Metroid, blow up zombies heads into pieces w/ RE4, fly and drift w/ Excite Truck, box, bowl, and slap some tennis balls w/ your granny or girlfriend if you have one w/ Wii Sports, Mario Strikers Charged even if you don't like soccer, slice your foes with the wiimote in Zelda, jump from 2d to 3d in Paper Mario, old skool VC Nintendo Games, become a genius w/ Big Brain and Zack n Wiki, shoot light gun arcade style w/ RE:UC, House of the Dead, Ghost Squad, the list goes on....
    Last edited by bruceleroy; 03-12-2008 at 07:29 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ladieraven
    Perfectly spoken...
    not really.

Quote Originally Posted by iceblade
    Hardcore gaming --> PC
    Fun gaming --> Wii

Playing an FPS with an xbox or ps3 gamepad? LOL.
    people have been doing it for years LOL.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    What is your brilliant input on this subject Sovieto. You keep making remarks about what everyone else has to say, without any of your own input. Your doing a good job of helping this kid decide which console to choose.

SSBB 0688-4932-4039 BAM- bamblakopz's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5768-6741-0422-9558
    If u want a system for great online play... Just go with the 360.... period... I am not gonna be fanboyish.... Wii's online has yet to prove itself a good online system

VideoGameCountdown (Youtube)

!QUOTE OF THE DAY!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0710-2343-2773-8881
    Whats the deal with pc gamers thinking that aiming is terrible on controllers, sure its easier with the mouse but after a few days it becomes natural to aim with the controller.

Anyway, back on topic. At first I bought a wii and had fun with it for about half a year, started to get bored and I slowly used it less and less. I then bought a 360 and sold my wii a few months later. I'd say get a 360 for some epic multiplayer & games, but if you're unsure do some research and find games that you like on whatever console.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.
    - George Carlin

Member #
    Friends
    4877-3286-3608-7887
    Quote Originally Posted by highroller
    Wii = more family oriented gaming
    360 or PS3 = more hardcore gaming (more adult content)

Best games are for the 360
    Wii is the most solid console in terms of hardware
    PS3, excellent but there are not as many games for the PS3

The PSP is another good choice (best handheld console in all apects)
    Remember games dont have to be packed with adult content to be hardcore. And DS owns PSP anyday btw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads