Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB64
    don't forget about metroid

i think if they make any more sequels in the Halo series, they will sell like fudge dipped hot cakes, so it might not only be just nintendo for long

True there are a few series that pop out in your head as they can live forever, as for ever getting to the same level thats a whole different story. The only one that pops into my head as always sticking around besides Nintendo titles is Final Fantasy. I think it just has such a large and long time fan following that it will live forever. Its gotta be a pass it down father to son type game. "I personally never really got into it but I know some Die hard fans." With well over 20 games and spin offs its here to stay aswell. Its just something about these RPG games people can't get enough of. Same goes for pokemon/zelda.

Beyond that Games like Halo,RE,COD,Tomb Raider,007 ect. ect. have to be careful of timing and can't over do it. "some have already shown signs of wear" Because unlike characters like Sonic,Mario,Kirby ect. they can't just get tossed into every "party" game, or re-invented in a whole new genre . They are made for one type of game and really only fit into that one mold.
    So They might continue to sell if paced well and spread out, but it will never get into the sturation that Mario,Sonic titles have done and will do because changing the genre for these games would be so difficult. And they don't seem to have the same addictive quality and dedicated fanbase as the big RPG games yet. They can quickly die off if overdone. Even if not overdone, so far the history of these type of games shows us they don't last forever no matter how well they are made.

I would love to see some new inovation in gaming specially with things such as Xbox's arcade and Wii-ware it just screams please please make something new we are sick of games ending in 5,6,7... Sure Nintendo characters are getting old but to me atleast they are re-invented on some level so I atleast like it every time, maybe not love like the first Mario games but I always atleast like them.
    Just like was said with the Rolling Stones, of course they rock but there getting old. The real problem is why can't we seem to get anything else that rocks as well? We are due for some change thats for sure.
    Last edited by wezeles; 03-13-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Wiichats Idiot Identifier balrogs.pa's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss
    Heres my lil question i been thinking. Ok Nintendo continues to make "remakes" of throw backs. Super Mario World = SMG, Legend of Zelda = Zelda Twilight Princess, Smash Bros. = SSBB. How long do you think Nintendo can keep up with this, before we the gamer finally say "ok enough with Mario or whatever it maybe? We need something new!" Now i am DEFINATELY not sayin i feel like this now, but honestly i think this was a great group of games they put out for the Wii, and is gonna be tough to top. So why not quit while there ahead and come up with new ideas. AGAIN i'll say I DONT FEEL LIKE THIS NOW! (before all the hate comments come) Im just wondering.

Whats your take on this?
    No one will get tired of it, do you know why? because all of those games are good, why stop a good thing.
    Mario Kart DS 438194819390
    People i respect on this forum: Atomic,Santa Claws,Frogger,Cyan,Levesque, Balrogs.pain, Shoko, MushroomedMario, sremick
    I make my avatars/signatures!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB64
    don't forget about metroid

i think if they make any more sequels in the Halo series, they will sell like fudge dipped hot cakes, so it might not only be just nintendo for long
    Halo Wars

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    Awsome I Would Dig some Halo strategy! What else could the master chief do?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    I would love to see some new inovation in gaming specially with things such as Xbox's arcade and Wii-ware it just screams please please make something new we are sick of games ending in 5,6,7... Sure Nintendo characters are getting old but to me atleast they are reonvented on some level so i dela with it. Just like was said with the Rolling Stones, of course they rock but there getting old... Problem really is why can't we seem to get anything else that rocks as well? We are due for some change thats for sure.
    Exactly. Which is why i myself can not wait for Wii-ware also. cuz they are so many people out there with so many ideas, new ideas that could just take gaming to the next level.

Member #
    Friends
    i remember when sony tried to compete with mario 64.
    crash bandicoot. even a mario cart one.. crash team racing.
    it didnt do nearly as well.
    however sega's sonic is a very good character.

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    Haha, sonic is a great example of nintendo absorbing a concept like their own. Great post wezeles.

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Well Nintendo made it work SEGA kinda rolled with it "no pun intended" by copying it. "like so many other companys in the industry do"

Sonic had great sucess while SEGA consoles lasted, but once they were outta the console race the "hardcore" systems didn't seem to be jumping at the bit for this type of character. If history tells us anything this was a very bad call. If I was Sony or MS I would have scooped up SEGA and all the popular 1st party that came with it. Lets face it thats the one thing the "hardcore" don't have is a long lasting classic 1st party. Most of there sales are dedicated to 3rd party pop games.

Even being arch rivals for so many years after SEGA went software only Nintendo welcomed them with open arms and I'm sure this has made SEGA very happy. Although they might still be a bit behind Nintendo's sucess record they have helped them achieve a mirror image of the same concept with there own unique "universal character" that now speeds his way across every console with no mercy. He still seems to sell best with Nintendo fans though. But he had some great sucess on the PS2 probably because of the large population of "casual gamers" The same gamers that make or break your game sucess wise!
    Last edited by wezeles; 03-13-2008 at 04:32 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by FloYdian
    i remember when sony tried to compete with mario 64.
    crash bandicoot. even a mario cart one.. crash team racing.
    it didnt do nearly as well.
    however sega's sonic is a very good character.
    Have you played any Sonic Games recently?

I honestly can't remember one that was either fun or had good reviews in the last 5 years.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    Sonic is cool. His games suck now, but he is cool.

I miss Crash Bandicoot. Why did Naughty Dog have to drop him?
    MoHH2 Account name: CocoSnipe

Games: Super Mario Galaxy, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Warioware, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii Sports, Madden 08

Getting: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rock Band (PS2)

Ads