LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    Well if your gonna go by the facts "aka numbers" instead of you own opinion on it, Then YES, Fun seems to be more important than graphics. Atleast to the majority of gamers.

    Everyone has a different view of whats important to them. Thats easy to see based on the sales of consoles variety of games and wide range of demographics associated with each of them.
    thats where this post is wrong. the reason these consoles are selling is because of the soccer moms buying them cause its the cheapest, or the non-gamers. remember, casual gamers? yes there are gamers but everyone whos a gamer and already wanted a ps2 owns one and the wii is being advertised as a strict casual gamers console. seriously, there were advertisements for the wii all through out my mom's home improvement magazines. -_-

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    16487
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,146
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    thats where this post is wrong. the reason these consoles are selling is because of the soccer moms buying them cause its the cheapest, or the non-gamers. remember, casual gamers? yes there are gamers but everyone whos a gamer and already wanted a ps2 owns one and the wii is being advertised as a strict casual gamers console. seriously, there were advertisements for the wii all through out my mom's home improvement magazines. -_-
    A gamer: is anyone who plays video games.

    Be it a casual,harcore,non-gamer "which is a bad name for them, they should be called noobs if anything because if you go by the true deffinition the second you play a video game your a gamer". Hardcore? No obviously. Still Hardcore gamers are the minority, thats pretty easy to see now with sales numbers. Not many people have huge librarys,wide selections, and large budgets for video games overall to be in the Hardcore Gamer category.

    It's pretty petty when the best argument agenst it is your own personal view of a deffinition of a word.

  4. #13
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    A gamer: is anyone who plays video games.

    Be it a casual,harcore,non-gamer "which is a bad name for them, they should be called noobs if anything because if you go by the true deffinition the second you play a video game your a gamer". Hardcore? No obviously. Still Hardcore gamers are the minority, thats pretty easy to see now with sales numbers. Not many people have huge librarys,wide selections, and large budgets for video games overall to be in the Hardcore Gamer category.

    It's pretty petty when the best argument agenst it is your own personal view of a deffinition of a word.
    k.
    we all know what a gamer is and youre not one the second you play a game. are you a baseball player if youve only played baseball once?
    if you cant expand yourself into 21st vocabulary replace non-gamers in my post with casual gamers.

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  5. #14
    Conquistador T3kNi9e's Avatar
    Member #
    39562
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    2,231
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    A average person does not see a casual gamer as a "Gamer". Even casual gamers themselves do not seem them selves as gamers. "Gamers" are usually referred people who spend a good deal of time playing games and/or learning them.

    My dad plays games every once in a while and he would never consider himself a gamer, nor would I consider him a gamer.

    Hell my mom even played Mario Bros on NES years ago, does that make her a gamer?
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

  6. #15
    Senior Member CantGetAWii's Avatar
    Member #
    9325
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WiiChat
    Posts
    6,418
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    k.
    we all know what a gamer is and youre not one the second you play a game. are you a baseball player if youve only played baseball once?
    if you cant expand yourself into 21st vocabulary replace non-gamers in my post with casual gamers.
    Well technically your a Baseball player if your getting paid to be one, same goes with every sport. But I know what you mean by making that comparison.

    I don't know why we are talking visuals here though. Sure Wii's are dated, but they can still look decent. Well Nintendo themselves knows how to make it decent I guess, but still.

    With better games coming out for the Wii, those people who were unsure about buying one may go out and purchase one now. Casual Gamers may not consider themselves as gamers, but they are still there buying and playing the Wii and were the reason for the Wii's success in 2007. Now in 2008 its time for Nintendo to start doing better Software wise and start selling consoles based on the "good" titles coming out like Mario Kart, Brawl etc.

    CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner


    'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'


    Retired Moderator-[PM]


    Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

  7. #16
    www.hencam.co.uk hencam[uk]'s Avatar
    Member #
    38380
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    75
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Before this descends into another fanboy graphics v gameplay or ps3 v whatever or even whether you can even call yourself a gamer or not, I'd just like to point out that these games systems are meant for entertainment - fun!

    Whether it's a quick blast on a mini-game collection or several hours puzzle solving in Zelda, the Wii is in an enviable position in that it is accessible and attractive to a huge age range, and the games reflect that.

    To knock it for having casual games seems pretty dumb, especially as we're seeing more serious and quality games coming to the Wii.

    I'm not dissing the PS3 either I've had plenty of fun on Fifa 2008 etc, but for me now, I feel that simple button mashing is fine for some games but I've seen the future and it's wiimote shaped

    Neil
    Last edited by hencam[uk]; 03-15-2008 at 01:51 PM.

  8. #17
    Cogito Ergo Sum JAKE196's Avatar
    Member #
    34237
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA (U.S.A.)
    Posts
    1,720
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    cheapness = win.

    Isn't it obvious?

    Not everyone can afford a psp or ps3 or 360.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

  9. #18
    www.hencam.co.uk hencam[uk]'s Avatar
    Member #
    38380
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    75
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKE196
    cheapness = win.

    Isn't it obvious?

    Not everyone can afford a psp or ps3 or 360.
    Is the DS that much cheaper than a PSP?

  10. #19
    Conquistador T3kNi9e's Avatar
    Member #
    39562
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    2,231
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by hencam[uk]
    Before this descends into another fanboy graphics v gameplay or ps3 v whatever or even whether you can even call yourself a gamer or not, I'd just like to point out that these games systems are meant for entertainment - fun!

    Whether it's a quick blast on a mini-game collection or several hours puzzle solving in Zelda, the Wii is in an enviable position in that it is accessible and attractive to a huge age range, and the games reflect that.

    To knock it for having casual games seems pretty dumb, especially as we're seeing more serious and quality games coming to the Wii.

    I'm not dissing the PS3 either I've had plenty of fun on Fifa 2008 etc, but for me now, I feel that simple button mashing is fine for some games but I've seen the future and it's wiimote shaped

    Neil
    I agree, no matter the console they're all made for fun. I don't know why some people (who tend to be Wii only owners) act like 360/PS3 is inferior compared to the Wii when it comes to fun factor or gameplay. I think Wii-mote was a huge sucess and its a nice way to play. But IMO im not sure if it will actually be the future. Because there's still ALOT of people who prefer using the controller. This can be seen in the sales of other consoles... Wii is doing well, but it's not miles ahead of anyone. Which is why alot of people say there is no clear winner.

    Im extremely curious to see what Nintendo has up its sleeve for the next console and how Sony/Microsoft plans on countering it.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

  11. #20
    www.hencam.co.uk hencam[uk]'s Avatar
    Member #
    38380
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    75
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    I agree, no matter the console they're all made for fun. I don't know why some people (who tend to be Wii only owners) act like 360/PS3 is inferior compared to the Wii when it comes to fun factor or gameplay. I think Wii-mote was a huge sucess and its a nice way to play. But IMO im not sure if it will actually be the future. Because there's still ALOT of people who prefer using the controller. This can be seen in the sales of other consoles... Wii is doing well, but it's not miles ahead of anyone. Which is why alot of people say there is no clear winner.

    Im extremely curious to see what Nintendo has up its sleeve for the next console and how Sony/Microsoft plans on countering it.
    Too true! I think that a lot of Wii owners (maybe myself included) are a bit suspicious when topics like this crop up because there has been a lot of flaming from non-wii owners about the graphics etc...

    There are great games on all the systems, and hopefully this will continue for many years to come!

    HOWEVER! I have to also add that it's not only Wii owners who are suspicious - I was pretty appalled when I was researching whether a Wii was right for me and I checked through the reviews on Amazon... It had a few poor "1 star" reviews and when I read them, they said stuff like "the graphics are bad, no online, and the controller is unreliable and does not work properly", and then I would click on their other reviews and it would be all PS3 games...! They were obviously worried about something, maybe the Wii succeeding?

    There really shouldn't be all this fanboy crap - I know you feel loyal to the brand you own, but it gets a bit ridiculous with some people!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts