+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3760-9059-7725-6846

Who said Ppl wouldnt buy Dated Graphics Again!?!?

Though lacking in sex appeal, last-gen graphics tech continues to shine in U.S. video games sales, according to official NPD data released on Thursday.

PS3 sales were ahead of Xbox 360 in Feb., but behind both Wii and PS2
    On the hardware side, Nintendo continues to dominate both home and portable system sales, with the DS remaining the top-selling platform in America followed by Wii.

The seven-year old PS2 sold an impressive 350,000 units, enough to make it the third best selling system last month and ahead of both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in that order.

Top-selling platforms were as follows:

Nintendo DS - 587.6K units
    Nintendo Wii - 432K units
    PlayStation 2 - 351.8K units
    PlayStation 3 - 280.8K units
    Xbox 360 - 254.6K units
    PlayStation Portable - 243.1K units

"I was most surprised by the PS2 hardware sales numbers this month," said NPD analyst Anita Frazier. "While it certainly has earned its spot among the now-gen slate of console systems because of it staying power in the marketplace, the fact that it realized such significant growth this month is really a testament to its broad adoption."

Top selling U.S. games for Feb. 2008

(PS2 still doing good....there talk that wii would sell any!!! I guess that put the STFU on ppls mouths...)

*Your Opinions on this matter*
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Fun > graphics

You know what my friends were playing last time we went to visit them? PAC-MAN. On the Wii (VC).
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Apparently there are plenty of people that sat and waited hoping the PS2 would get supper cheap before they picked it up. Now not only is it super cheep because its "last gen" but its also highly supported still because Sony is still a little ways away from letting PS3 run on its own.

Even with the perk in PS3 sales this month, I would be suprised if Sony ever said its good bye's to the PS2 if it keeps selling like this.
    I mean MY GOD who couldn't have a PS2 that really wanted one after 8 years! Maybe they are onto something with a 10 year lifespan. It might not be the best sales in the buisness with this strategy but heck its still more than enough to keep you in the buisness it seems.

The future gaming market with consoles.

Hardcore "make it hard make it the same"
    Casual "something fun and appealing"
    Cheep "waiting for the 7th price drop"

Last edited by wezeles; 03-14-2008 at 01:51 PM.

PM me if u add my wii SMB2ISDOKI's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0591-3264-1332-3882
    what good is good graphics if the gameplay sucks?
    Super Smash Brothers Friend Code

3952-6666-2041

Member #
    Friends
    1830-2062-7374-0757
    I like how game developers are able to make great looking games on less powerful machines. I love cell shading and the blooming effect FTW!

Member #
    Friends
    or theyre the cheapest and appeal to casual gamers.

but if one were to choose ps2 > wii.

but are you saying out dated graphics dont mean anything? you guys should want good graphics. yeah super mario bros 3 was awesome but how could they have done galaxy with those graphics? remember that game that half and a quarter of you guys claim is the "best game ever mades!"

so keep thinking dated graphics are alright and youll be seeing 20 year old graphics on the Wii 3, cause its all about fun, right?

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Hehe i'll tell this to my friends and tell them were to shove there 360's and PS3's.
    Wii Code: 1239-8220-4889-4526

Guitar Hero 3 Name: Marti
    Guitar Hero 3 Code: 0559-6317-7092

PM if you add me

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    so keep thinking dated graphics are alright and youll be seeing 20 year old graphics on the Wii 3, cause its all about fun, right?

Well if your gonna go by the facts "aka numbers" instead of you own opinion on it, Then YES, Fun seems to be more important than graphics. Atleast to the majority of gamers.

Everyone has a different view of whats important to them. Thats easy to see based on the sales of consoles variety of games and wide range of demographics associated with each of them.

Member #
    Friends
    Thats assuming all games with great graphics suck...

Because I had a shitload of fun playing Mass Effect and blasting Saren into oblivion.

Ironically there are more shitty games on the Wii with bad graphics than the 360/PS3 with good graphics lol

Anyway, this news has already been posted like 2 days ago. Maybe yesterday...
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Thats assuming all games with great graphics suck...

Because I had a shitload of fun playing Mass Effect and blasting Saren into oblivion.

Ironically there are more shitty games on the Wii with bad graphics than the 360/PS3 with good graphics lol

Anyway, this news has already been posted like 2 days ago. Maybe yesterday...
    I'm not assuming anything. I'm just saying it as it is for the majority of video game consumers.
    Again this is your own opinion of games and everyones will be different. Fun is fun no matter how it looks, and its subjective to each individual person. No ammount of good graphics will fix a bad game and no amount of motion control will fix a bad game if its not fun to you. These things are simply perks to add to an already fun concept, if it isn't fun it doesnt matter what it has.

But just based on overall sales and if you break it down each individual game's sales. Fun is the key factor no amount of eye candy or waggle will save a game.

Ads