LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3566-2838-2920-1663
    Don't trust what im about to say, due to the fact that I don't work for Nintendo,

If they were ever going to add on a 'Blu-Ray' player onto the Wii console, I'm 99% sure that they would more or less revamp the entire system and then re-do it. Fixing previous flaws, and adding new ideas, such as Blu Ray. If you expect Nintendo to magically whip out this new DVD drive onto existing consoles, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I personally wouldn't expect anything that major until the next console comes out, and by then, there'll be something bigger and better they can add.
    3566 2838 2920 1663
    193389266929 - gh3

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakatana
    I bet it's no rumor, Imagine it, blue ray to enhance wii grafics... It would mean the best game system in the universe!
    Blu-ray does not enhance graphics... It just holds more space. So in a game sense, Nintendo could create their own disc that holds 50 gigs. Grapic Card (GPU) makes better graphics and the processor (CPU) executes the programs. The better the processor the faster it runs.

Atleast I think its something like that lol... But what I do know is Blu-ray does not dictate graphics, it just holds more space.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    The AMD processors are best in the market for gaming because they use multiple busses instead of one like intel.

ok so I used to be part of the nintendo Nsider forum and over there we had a discussion about the next disc nintendo would be using. Nothing has been confirmed, but nintendo seemed to have been making a deal with a company that invented a holographic disc in early 2007. The holographic disc is capable of holding 300gb of memory. As you can see thats a lot more than what blu ray can hold.

I believe that nintendo is planning something huge next generation.Also I dont believe that nintendo will upgrade wiis with bluray. Its pointless and would destroy any hope for the wii consumer to come back for more.

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by thas
    The AMD processors are best in the market for gaming because they use multiple busses instead of one like intel.

ok so I used to be part of the nintendo Nsider forum and over there we had a discussion about the next disc nintendo would be using. Nothing has been confirmed, but nintendo seemed to have been making a deal with a company that invented a holographic disc in early 2007. The holographic disc is capable of holding 300gb of memory. As you can see thats a lot more than what blu ray can hold.

I believe that nintendo is planning something huge next generation.Also I dont believe that nintendo will upgrade wiis with bluray. Its pointless and would destroy any hope for the wii consumer to come back for more.
    holographs eh? just like in star wars?

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    8211-0763-7929-1645
    300 GB is like nothing we should be talking in terra bites=D an external hard drive for each game woot
    I left wii-chat in the 09 disaster

Member #
    Friends
    If Nintend release another console like that, i will feel so ripped off. You shold be able to recieve one for a small amount of money if you can provide a console serial number of an original Wii..Otherwise there will be some angry customers.
    MOH:H2 = Killer12345
    Add me .
    www.theplanetx.com

Ads