Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979

Blu-Ray Wii Spotted In Tokyo?

(Akihabra, Tokyo) Ucs Tech News : Unconfirmed sources report the Nintendo Wii Blu-Ray has been sighted in the wild. According to the source, a high level Tokyo gamer, was hunting through alleyways and tiny stalls of the Akihabra electronics district and sighted the heavily modified Wii Blu-Ray game console.

With rumors of a Blu-Ray add-on for the 360 are showing up again it's logical that Nintendo would develope the technology. Tracing the origin of the modified Wii, Ucs Tech News has it from Nintendo insiders that a Blu-Ray installation is already specced out and just needs to go through the approval process. They foresee a release as soon as May 2008.

Nintendo's CEO Satoru Iwata stated in a February press release that "Nintendo is reviewing the Blu-ray technology and considering how it could enhance the Wii gaming experience." While the official word is wait and see rumors combined with the appearance of the console found in Akihabra has Wii watchers buzzing.

According to various Wii gaming blogs, the addition of a Blu-Ray drive and upgraded processor could spell trouble for Sony and the Playstation 3. The Current PowerPC-based "Broadway" processor clocked at 729 MHz is the slowest of the 3 major consoles but word has leaked that Nintendo is already in negotiation with AMD to purchase the next generation of the Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor.
    Source

Quite the rumor there, not too sure about it myself. I know a rumor is a rumor but don't write it off right away just because of the name of the site

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    3598-1913-0901-5292
    unconfirmedsources.com. I doubt Nintendo would integrate Blu-Ray into the Wii as it could put casuals off if it were pricey. Next generation Nintendo console will, I'm sure, have the same graphics as current generation PS3 and 360 as the price of the technology should have by then dropped. I am looking forward to seeing Nintendo's next ace in the hole but at the same time, don't want to see the Wii discontinued any time soon.

Member #
    Friends
    Is Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor supposed to be good? Thats what I have on my laptop and its pretty pathetically shitty.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Is Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor supposed to be good? Thats what I have on my laptop and its pretty pathetically shitty.

lol, no. You are wrong. Athlon 64 X2 is like a subcategory of AMD processors, such as Pentium 3, Pentium 4, etc. They all have different speeds, so basically the cheaper the faster. Guess you got a crappy processor

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    I am sure that the next wii will be completely backwards compatibily with our current wii games and what not just like ngc i dont think they will ditch the use of ngc controllers eather because some games need to or still do use them.

Please PM me before adding me!

Member #
    Friends
    I have an athlon 64 x2 on my PC and it's ok.

they said the next generation of the processors anyway so they're prbly a lot better.

Is this article stating that nintendo is going to come out with a Wii with blu-ray and an updated processor? That would kind of suck, current wii owners would be ****ed over if they start making games that are only able to run on the better proccessors. . . however if they taking about the next generation I'm all for it.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    Wait so they're going to come out with an upgraded Wii that makes the current one obsolete? Great.

Member #
    Friends
    Actually maybe my processor is fine, I don't really know how to measure how good or bad it is. I think my graphic card is what sucks balls.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    I bet it's no rumor, Imagine it, blue ray to enhance wii grafics... It would mean the best game system in the universe!

Member #
    Friends
    2975-1046-6635-6662
    i hope this is not true. I just got my Wii 2 months ago and will be pissed if they release this and make mine obsolete (unless its about 3 years from now)

Ads