LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillieto
    Didnt you just tell someone to stop being a fanboy and grow up? Seems like your the one who needs to grow up mate.

For stating the obvious? Riiight.

Trading my Wii again! Come on home 360!
    Games: Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Ghost Squad, Link's Crossbow Training + Wii Zapper, Geometry Wars, Battalion Wars 2

Member #
    Friends
    lawls pointless arguments going on in this thread.

i think its a pretty good trade, considering the PC is crap and your getting a whole lot of games for 360. ive had my 360 forrr about a year and a half and havent had a single problem and i love it. im sure you will too.
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

Member #
    Friends
    Let me start by saying I have both (yep and elite). I still consider myself a PC gamer though (killer rig and a handfull of PC's in the P4 range, plus a handfull in the P3 range). I'm not a fanboy in any way, I just go by facts and when I state my opinion I make sure people know it's my opinion.

First: Very few PCs are "only" good for office, email and internet. I would say that one would have to have a P2-266 or below for that to be the case. No, I'm not crazy. Many people who think their PC is junk simply need to reload the OS and make sure they have at least 1GB ($30 now) RAM. Even builtin video is good for most gaming. However, there are a handfull of current PC games which really need a "killer" PC which would only run about $1000 not counting display. Those people spending more than that amount are getting MINOR benefits.

Second: Most "trades" (in Ohio) for Wii's to 360's are even swaps. I've know of many people who have gone either way on this.

I do have to say I play the 360 more. Mostly because it's in my office, and my wife tends to get annoyed if I hog the family room where the Wii is. I have about 10 games for each. I find that most console games bore me quickly. About the only 360 games I re-play are Crackdown and Burnout: Paradise. For the Wii, it's TigerWood '07, bowling and Excite Truck. I'd say I spend more non-Summer time play the 360. During the Summer, I'm on break since I'm a teacher and I set up an outdoor screen and spend way too much time playing golf and bowling with the neighbors.

Would I make the trade the OP is going to? No, I don't think so. But I buy equipment for the long haul. I still have and use old commodore computers back to the PET 8032.

Even though I bought the 360 specifically to play Crackdown (got tired of begging the son to play his I don't think one should buy a 360 for just one game. For me, games like Halo (all), CoD4, ME, BS, etc. just don't have the the replay wow factor. I seem to do most of my replay on PC games. I also don't like that most 360 games are going to about 10 hours to completion of single play. I'd much rather have lower graphics and 40 hours of play.

If I really didn't want the Wii (and stuff), PC and iPod I would craigslist/ebay them and then get a NEW Elite and craigslist/ebay the rest.

IMHO.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    8294-6630-1949-8016
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent-Sniper
    For stating the obvious? Riiight.
    o hai i am 12 u noob so stfu

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by strommsarnac
    Let me start by saying I have both (yep and elite). I still consider myself a PC gamer though (killer rig and a handfull of PC's in the P4 range, plus a handfull in the P3 range). I'm not a fanboy in any way, I just go by facts and when I state my opinion I make sure people know it's my opinion.

First: Very few PCs are "only" good for office, email and internet. I would say that one would have to have a P2-266 or below for that to be the case. No, I'm not crazy. Many people who think their PC is junk simply need to reload the OS and make sure they have at least 1GB ($30 now) RAM. Even builtin video is good for most gaming. However, there are a handfull of current PC games which really need a "killer" PC which would only run about $1000 not counting display. Those people spending more than that amount are getting MINOR benefits.

Second: Most "trades" (in Ohio) for Wii's to 360's are even swaps. I've know of many people who have gone either way on this.

I do have to say I play the 360 more. Mostly because it's in my office, and my wife tends to get annoyed if I hog the family room where the Wii is. I have about 10 games for each. I find that most console games bore me quickly. About the only 360 games I re-play are Crackdown and Burnout: Paradise. For the Wii, it's TigerWood '07, bowling and Excite Truck. I'd say I spend more non-Summer time play the 360. During the Summer, I'm on break since I'm a teacher and I set up an outdoor screen and spend way too much time playing golf and bowling with the neighbors.

Would I make the trade the OP is going to? No, I don't think so. But I buy equipment for the long haul. I still have and use old commodore computers back to the PET 8032.

Even though I bought the 360 specifically to play Crackdown (got tired of begging the son to play his I don't think one should buy a 360 for just one game. For me, games like Halo (all), CoD4, ME, BS, etc. just don't have the the replay wow factor. I seem to do most of my replay on PC games. I also don't like that most 360 games are going to about 10 hours to completion of single play. I'd much rather have lower graphics and 40 hours of play.

If I really didn't want the Wii (and stuff), PC and iPod I would craigslist/ebay them and then get a NEW Elite and craigslist/ebay the rest.

IMHO.

Thing is I am skint so listing on ebay, sending them out etc will just be a hassle, I am getting a new ipod soon anyway, the PC doesn't get used and neither does the wii.

Plus I want the 360 asap for GTA 4 release.

Also I am an impatient soab.

Trading my Wii again! Come on home 360!
    Games: Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Ghost Squad, Link's Crossbow Training + Wii Zapper, Geometry Wars, Battalion Wars 2

Member #
    Friends
    i sold my 360 elite for the wii lol. since all my friends play brawl and have wii themselves is why i sold mine... the game play is different too which makes it more interesting. when it comes to online play, i still believe computer online gaming is still better. All consoles have thier negatives and positive, but its everyone's own preference whether they like the graphics, the game play, online gaming, games, what they can afford, etc.
    Last edited by Mogz; 03-21-2008 at 12:04 PM.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Its a pretty good deal again depending on the PC your selling. I figured it at 450 bucks worth of Nintendo gear + a PC for

450 dollar 360 elite plus about 300 bucks worth of games.
    Not a bad deal at all specially considering the price it would be to try to buy these games new.

The 60 and 70 dollar price tags for the 360/ps3 "top" sellers really turn me off.

Although the used stuff for 360/ps3 seems to be pretty good deals and very plentiful. I see them everyware as compared to Nintendo used items that they keep boosted up in price because of low quanities.

Why is it the self proclaimed "hardcore" system owners only keep a game till they finnish it then hurry to trade them right in? Doesn't seem very "hardcore", but maybe its just me.

Member #
    Friends
    If anything hardcore players trade more. They are not satisfied keeping games that will not be used much anymore. While "softcore" players wouldn't care less if they don't play it again.

But I don't trade any of my games in simply because I don't like getting ripped off.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    If anything hardcore players trade more. They are not satisfied keeping games that will not be used much anymore. While "softcore" players wouldn't care less if they don't play it again.

But I don't trade any of my games in simply because I don't like getting ripped off.
    Like on late night cable television?

Since i sell the games i don't play anymore, does that make me hardcore?!?!?!

Hardcore, XXX style?
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e

Whats getting ripped off about it? You buy it you finnish it you move on put it on the shelf for a coupel months or years down the road to go back too it like with anything else.

Whats "hardcore" about trading something in? If thats the case why not rent games? Your not helping sales numbers of any company simply by buying them then trading them in, someone else will just snatch up the used copy at a fraction of the price and its sale will not bennefit anyone but the re-saler like gamestop making a profit twice off the same game.
    No other entertianment source works this way on the same scale as Video games. Music, Movies, Books. They don't have nearly the same re-sale rate as Video games all of them are normally collected and kept for the life of the product and rarely resold comparatively.

That just makes the proclaimed "Hardcore Gamers" a sad mark on the industry effectively using the system but not really supporting it beyond console sales, even then trading up for the next best thing.

Honeslty I don't see that as hardcore. More or less Video Game Frat boys moving on to the next big fad of the market. Maybe we should just change the name of the current "hardcore" to "gaming junkies" doing anything to get their next fix, not carring about anything else in the end.
    [media]http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20070209.jpg[/media]
    Last edited by wezeles; 03-21-2008 at 12:46 PM.

Ads