I have a bit of a problem, and I guess im asking you guys for advice what to do in this situation.
I live in the UK so the release date for the Wii is not until early December. I really want a Wii and so tempted to pre-order or to camp and buy on release. Problem is, I have a feeling that my girlfreind has bought me one for xmas.
Heres the reasons why I think so:
* She bought me the item a couple of days after I said I wanted a Wii
* She still hasn't recieved the item in post
* On a few times has had to check up on the item
* The item costed between £170-190
* Its the rough dimensions I imagine a Wii box would be
* My whole family won't let me pre-order the Wii
This is the frustrating bit, because since I really want a Wii at least before the new year I really want to buy one on release or get one for christmas. Problem is, no-one will let me pre-order or buy one on release as I get the "you don't know what santa will bring you" reply.
Thing is, If I don't get a Wii for christmas I'm going to be so pissed off as I'll of waited all that time for nothing, and I'll be very lucky to try and get one within the month after xmas.
What should I do? And does it seem like I got a Wii? If not a Wii, what else could it be?
And to rub salt in the wounds - Wii adverts have started to be released in the UK.
I guess you could always get a preorder from a store that doesnt want a deposit up front, then if she's bought you car mats instead you can run down to the store on boxing day and get your allocated console.. hopefully.
But i'd imagine getting a preorder now for xmas may be tricky giventhe demand and the huge preorder backlog there will surely be.
1) I dont get a Wii and I cry
2) I dont get a Wii because they have secretly hidden it. They will bring it out after I really dont think I have one and it will be like a huge surprise - when in fact I know their plan all along.
3) I get a Wii and Im happy