Error Code: 32004
Please check the following:
If you are still unable to connect, and have waited a few hours, please try the following:
- Satellite Internet often causes this Error Code. You must have a cable or DSL internet connection. Other connection types, such as dial-up and satellite, are typically not compatible. Contact your Internet Service Provider if you are not sure what type of internet connection you have.
- Ours servers may be trying to handle an unusually high amount of traffic (especially if a new Wii update is available). Please wait a few hours and try the connection again later.
- Does your internet service provider (ISP) require that you log in whenever you wish to use the internet? If so, your ISP may not be compatible with the Wii console. Please contact your ISP for additional information.
How are you attempting to connect your Wii console online?
- Wireless Router:
- Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. Be sure to try both channels if the first one you try does not work. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available). (The "Channel" setting is typically found in the "Wireless" section of your router's setup utility.)
- If adjusting the "Channel" did not work, please review our "Slow Download Times or Errors Received While Connecting" troubleshooting tips by clicking here.
- Are you using a Netgear brand wireless router? Our expeirence shows disabling the "SPI Firewall" of the router may help the connection. The "SPI Firewall" option is typically found under the "WAN Setup" tab of the router's settings. For information on accessing your router's settings, please click here and select the model of the Netgear router you own (if available).If you are still receiving this error code, please click here for assistance.
- Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector
- Does your PC have any security programs (firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-adware, etc.) installed? If you are using the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and have a software firewall or other computer security program installed on your computer, there may be additional steps you must complete to allow a successful connection.
- "Trusted" Applications:
If your firewall or PC security program keeps a list of trusted applications (also known as a "trusted zone"), the following programs are installed with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and require internet communications. If prompted by your firewall or PC security program, add these to the list of trusted applications. This information may also apply to certain computer security applications, such as anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.:
- Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector USB (NintendoWFCReg.exe)
- Setup.exe (when installing the USB Connector)
- If you are using a router, you may need to temporarily disable the router's firewall to allow the Wii console to connect online and receive a system update. Once the update is received, you can turn the firewall back on. For information on locating and disabling your router's firewall, please consult the router's manual or contact the manufacturer of the router.If you are still receiving this error code, please click here for assistance.