LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Is this cheating or not?

To go along with the baseball issues with use of steroids and how to record their stats, my friends and I have a debate with a 300 score in Wii bowling. The person in question obtained this score by resetting the game every time he missed a strike. There is a debate whether or not his score should be 300 or 300*, to show that he used unfair methods to be "perfect". My group of friends are split with our decision and your opinion will help determine the outcome. Thanks in advance for the help.

Member #
    Friends
    5381-6822-1655-4361
    I think it cheapens the experience by resetting. But in order to gain a perfect 300, there's really no "cheating" involved. You still have to get all strikes, and he did so, eventually, right?

While I think people who "reset" are punks, I still say bravo for getting a perfect score. lol

Where is your savior now? Lost Savior's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    It's not cheating, as cRaSh115 stated because they still needed to get those strikes regardless. Another example would be Final Fantasy XII. The chests in the game are random, and they hold random stuff. To get the best items, you may need to reset the game a bunch of times to get them.

Steroids is a different subject altogether. To make the competition easier by taking the easy (and illegal) path is immoral. It's cheating and should not be condoned by everyone in pro sports.
    Wii Games:Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mario Party 8, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Manhunt 2, and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.

Member #
    Friends
    thanks for your opinion, but you said that using steroids is taking the easy way, isn't reseting taking the easy way out too?

Where is your savior now? Lost Savior's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    True, but they only way to get 300 is to actually get those strikes. Now, if there was a way to make yourself get it (like holding buttons 1 and 2 at the same time while in the throwing mode, which of course isn't true at all), then yes, that's considered cheating.

Think about it this way, what if you had to keep turning off the wii every time you reached the third or fourth frame because of real life getting in the way (example: chores, work, family, friends)? All this is doing is just helping you practice your skills and you'll just get better over time.

For steroids, you just give yourself the drug and it does the work for you (building muscle). Basically think of it as a game genie to your games.
    Wii Games:Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mario Party 8, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Manhunt 2, and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.

Member #
    Friends
    no because u still need to make all the strikes... instead of playing the game finish and the restart u just restart immediately :P

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by geekbro27
    To go along with the baseball issues with use of steroids and how to record their stats, my friends and I have a debate with a 300 score in Wii bowling. The person in question obtained this score by resetting the game every time he missed a strike. There is a debate whether or not his score should be 300 or 300*, to show that he used unfair methods to be "perfect". My group of friends are split with our decision and your opinion will help determine the outcome. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Hi,

I think that it isn't a fair way to play the game. Would you be able to do that at a bowling alley? No way!

I am new at using the wii online. Can you bowl with other players online? I am presuming that is what you are referring to. Thank you for your help in advance.

Digitals Bev

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yes, it's cheating. Part of the game is being able to pull off an accomplishment consistently throughout the course of a game. You can't cherry-pick good bowls and then combine them into a "game" of your choosing and be like, "lalala there's my score! I rule!"

If I hit 1 home run a year for 5 years, that's not the same as hitting 5 in one baseball game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    It's not cheating. It's like you're running in a race and when you fall so far behind that you can't possibly win you just stop running. Then you go to the next race and win. It doesn't matter that you didn't finish the last race, you still won.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    No, because he still got a perfect score in one game. It's kind of cheap, yes, but he still had to earn the perfect score through his personal ability.
    MoHH2 Account name: CocoSnipe

Games: Super Mario Galaxy, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Warioware, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii Sports, Madden 08

Getting: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rock Band (PS2)

Ads