Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8547-4973-7586-6781
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    There's the XBox360/PS3 war, and then there's the Wii market, which the Wii is mopping up.
    i should hope nintendo are mopping up the wii market!

seriously though i agree with the post you were responding to, it really isnt a competition, the only people who think it is are people with 360's who want to brag about graphics, i couldnt care less about what anyone else likes doing, i know how i like my video games
    Wii - 8547 4973 7586 6781
    Mario Strikers - 386647 725124
    EA Nation - DrVenkman100

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Bingo. I've been saying the exact same thing for a while now.

People keep talking about the XBox360/PS3/Wii war. There is no such war. There's the XBox360/PS3 war, and then there's the Wii market, which the Wii is mopping up.
    So the Wii is mopping itself up?

No i see what you guys are saying and i agree. Only thing is I dont see them coming out with 2 different consoles for different financial situations. Thats just stupid. Make one system but ok you got the PS3 at what 400 right now? Ok keep your product at that price. What i am saying stop upping the price on every console, the PS4 at this rate will be 600 - 800. Thats insane. Ofcourse consoles are gonna vary in price and im all for that, just keep it at a price where people can afford it.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Dorks... you read what I wrote wrong.

"Wii market" = "the market for which the Wii is the target and of-interest"

Actually, it's more "the Nintendo market", as Nintendo as really been the only one "getting it" while Microsoft and Sony have always targeted a different market with the Playstation and XBox. Just more-so now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Brawl is off the wall Global War's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3303-4951-8144-5736
    everyone i talk to has a ps3+wii or xbox360+wii, no one has xbox360+Ps3, there are some that have all three, but everyone wants a wii!
    Currently owned wii/vc games: Madden '08, Metroid 3, Wii Play, Mario Party 8, Zelda TP, Call of Duty 3, Mohh2 SMG, Sports, Cooking Mama Cook Off, GH3, SSBB, Pokemon Snap, Star Fox 64
    Wish List: Zelda OOT, Endless Ocean, a headset, Battalion Wars 2, Mario Kart, Hooked, Wireless Nunchucks, Tiger Woods, Super Paper Mario, Mercury Meltdown + more
    SSBB: 5327-0564-7797 PM 4 add
    I use Sonic

Member #
    Friends
    In other words: fun > graphics

Users have been saying this for years. Just took Nintendo to prove it to the MSM.
    theres not many games that have amazing graphics and not-fun gameplay. think before you post, or at least be prepared to back it up like for right now.

**** i dont want a cheaper next gen. i hope nintendo stays at its market, ps3 attempts to flock for that market as well, then xbox stays back and continues to tend to the real hardcore gamers and gamers alike. if everything goes casual ill just give up on gaming cause obviously itd mean it wasnt for me anymore... its for 12 year olds and soccer moms.

Quote Originally Posted by Global War
    everyone i talk to has a ps3+wii or xbox360+wii, no one has xbox360+Ps3, there are some that have all three, but everyone wants a wii!
    considering a lot of games coming out on ps3 and xbox but not wii and wii is uber cheap... id say its more of a "what else would i get?" situation. its been stated before wii makes the perfect second console.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Venkman
    i should hope nintendo are mopping up the wii market!

seriously though i agree with the post you were responding to, it really isnt a competition, the only people who think it is are people with 360's who want to brag about graphics, i couldnt care less about what anyone else likes doing, i know how i like my video games
    seriously kid, how many people do you see brag about graphics. the wii's graphics are made fun of cause they look like last gen and a lot of the games are last gen and just have motion controls. if you stood still for a second and broke down your wii wall, youd realize the ps3 and 360's graphics arent the only thing they offer. lets take a second to analyze it all.

whats that thing wii owners constantly cry about and what a better of? oh yes, a better online, seems like 360 and ps3 got a monster online and a pretty good online respectively.

whats that other thing wii owners want for their games? oh yes, DLC. the thing gh3 doesnt have and rock band might not have. but ps3 and 360 carry them...

theres 1 more thing wii owners want, well since most love nintendo so much, they dont realllllly want it but its been that thing cursing nintendo consoles for the past decade.. good third party support! looks like ps3 and 360 have that in the bag too.

so whats this all about graphics?

so, please conflict me on this for a healthy debate, im bored atm and this keeps me entertained.
    Last edited by Sovieto; 03-26-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    i was considering getting a ps3 for GT5 or a 360 for well....nothing in particular but nah...the wii will do me fine
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    theres not many games that have amazing graphics and not-fun gameplay. think before you post, or at least be prepared to back it up like for right now
    Way to be rude. I can assure you, I put plenty of thought into my posts, my friend.

Also, way to totally twist what I was saying just so you can have an excuse to be rude. Let's go back and review:

"fun > graphics"

As in "a game being fun is more-important than a game having mind-blowing graphics".

Am I saying that games with great graphics can't be fun? No.
    Am I saying that there aren't lots of games with great graphics that are fun too? No.
    Am I saying that I don't appreciate good graphics? No.
    Am I in any way insulting your precious 1080p XBox/PS3 experience? No.

What I am saying is that, overall the "fun" factor is more important than the graphics. While you can have a ridiculously fun game with crappy graphics and it'll still be a hit, a game with incredible graphics but is lame/boring/buggy/whatever will flop. Case in-point: Lair.

You want proof? How many people with PS3 care about PS1 games? How many people with an XBox 360 are passionate about their original XBox games?

Meanwhile, what do we have on the Wii? Virtual Console, which has exploded in popularity. By its design, any games on VC can't have good graphics even by modern standards. Even by Wii standards. What were my friends playing last time I visited them? Pac Man. What other games are popular? Super Mario Brothers. Tetris. Etc. Even today. Why? Because they're fun.

You might want to follow your own advice and put a bit more thought into your own posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Way to be rude. I can assure you, I put plenty of thought into my posts, my friend.

Also, way to totally twist what I was saying just so you can have an excuse to be rude. Let's go back and review:

"fun > graphics"

As in "a game being fun is more-important than a game having mind-blowing graphics".

Am I saying that there aren't lots of games with great graphics that are fun too? No.

What I am saying is that, overall the "fun" factor is more important than the graphics. While you can have a ridiculously fun game with crappy graphics and it'll still be a hit, a game with incredible graphics but is lame/boring/buggy/whatever will flop. Case in-point: Lair.

You want proof? How many people with PS3 care about PS1 games? How many people with an XBox 360 are passionate about their original XBox games?

Meanwhile, what do we have on the Wii? Virtual Console, which has exploded in popularity. By its design, any games on VC can't have good graphics even by modern standards. Even by Wii standards. What were my friends playing last time I visited them? Pac Man. What other games are popular? Super Mario Brothers. Tetris. Etc. Even today. Why? Because they're fun.

You might want to follow your own advice and put a bit more thought into your own posts.
    Preach brother preach!

Member #
    Friends

"fun > graphics"

what fun is there to be had on the wii that i already havent had on another system? aside from the controls that become second-nature 10 minutes in (or wii sports that gets boring after all your friends have seen it), there is not much new on the wii that couldnt be done on a gamecube. even the wii's most precious title, ssbb, is best played on the gamecube controller. this being said, how come the gamecube didnt sell as wildly? could it be because its at such a low price point compared to the others and is targeted at soccer moms who think its "excerise in a video game" for their kids?

the wiimote is just a new way to play old games and even then, its still not the best way to play old games. so far its done hardly any ground-breaking things, and those ground-breaking things are only fun for a bit.
    Last edited by Sovieto; 03-26-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    0505-6993-9515-7982
    360 games>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.wii games
    Steam ID: Mintoisking
    Xbox live GT: Sir Minto
    PSN ID: Mintoisgod

Ads