Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    ...what fun is there to be had on the wii that i already havent had on another system? aside from the controls that become second-nature 10 minutes in (or wii sports that gets boring after all your friends have seen it)...
    Apparently a lot more fun. The controls are what make it fun and easy for non-traditional gamers to adapt the Wii. I probably just sold two more families on the Wii last weekend when I took my Wii down to Atlanta when I was visiting friends. That makes almost a dozen direct connections to playing the Wii with friends and selling more consoles. I've played the XBox at someone else's house, it didn't compel me to buy it.

Like it or not, there are plenty of people who don't come to on-line forums who have a different opinion of what fun game play is. And these people are buying the Wii a lot faster rate than the people buying the 360 and PS3 are.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    360/PS3 games = fps, racing, and sports

If your only ideas of "fun" fall into those categories, then obviously you'll have plenty of fun with the XBox. But for a lot of us, there is a whole 'nother world of "fun" beyond those 3 restrictive categories. And most games in those categories are not simple games that any newcomer can just pick up and immediately start playing (and having fun) without learning all sorts of finger-yoga and memorizing complex moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    how many quality games are there for the wii that are actually fun? do you think the reason the wii is selling because of fun games? how many of those games have you not already played on a previous system? could it be, that the cheap price point of the wii and the soccer mom approach with that it "is like exercise on a video game" is the reason its selling?
    what im saying is its not fun thats selling the wii, because if it was, itd be in last place.
    Wow, well that was a shocker. The Wii IS selling for its fun factor. What kid, adult, elderly person that has picked up a Wiimote and it didnt bring a smile to there face? How many of those people do you know? Cause damn im 25 and its hard to amuse mebut i know when i played Wii Sports for the first time i was like "damn this is great and a lot of fun". Yes it has that whole "soccer mom" approach as well but thats only cuz they want to involve the older crowd as well, the person who never picked up a controller before. And yes the Wii (as of now) does lack "quality" games, but that doesnt mean they arent fun. Sh|t i could throw in Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and have a blast with a few buddies...And playing past games is one of the main reason why the Wii is sellin the way it is, cuz including myself and a lot of my friends we always "damn what happened to the games we grew up on". We always wished we can play them without bustin out the NES or which ever system the game was on. So just cuz something isnt "fun" for you, doesnt mean everyone else feels that way.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganSix
    Apparently a lot more fun. The controls are what make it fun and easy for non-traditional gamers to adapt the Wii. I probably just sold two more families on the Wii last weekend when I took my Wii down to Atlanta when I was visiting friends. That makes almost a dozen direct connections to playing the Wii with friends and selling more consoles. I've played the XBox at someone else's house, it didn't compel me to buy it.

Like it or not, there are plenty of people who don't come to on-line forums who have a different opinion of what fun game play is. And these people are buying the Wii a lot faster rate than the people buying the 360 and PS3 are.
    great, you sold 2 familiys on the wii, ive sold a couple million myself on it too. but once they get it do you think they really play it actively? did you let them have their fun with carnival games and wii sports and they were left thinking it was so fun? how long does that fun last?

you know, ever since the week after i bought a wii on its launch date i realized...
    the wii is like a trampoline, its really fun once you get it!!!!! its sooo fun! you think theres nothing better. then after a week or 2 it kinda gets boring, you go on it once in awhile. then your friends come over! oh boy! your friends and you play on the trampoline like its the best thing ever and your friends leave wishing they had a trampoline too. this happens over and over. then soon, you hardly touch the trampoline, your friends still thinks its great but when they come over youre like: nahhh, lets do something else.

and i know i wasnt the only one this happened to, not by a long shot. i dont expect anyone to be like: oh yes sovieto, youre right... it is like a trampoline and i hardly play it anymore!
    i just want people to read this, let it sink in, let them know, whether they admit it or not, this is the truth. YES. i am confident this is how it goes, because it has happened to every single person i know personally who owns a wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliss
    Wow, well that was a shocker. The Wii IS selling for its fun factor. What kid, adult, elderly person that has picked up a Wiimote and it didnt bring a smile to there face? How many of those people do you know? Cause damn im 25 and its hard to amuse mebut i know when i played Wii Sports for the first time i was like "damn this is great and a lot of fun". Yes it has that whole "soccer mom" approach as well but thats only cuz they want to involve the older crowd as well, the person who never picked up a controller before. And yes the Wii (as of now) does lack "quality" games, but that doesnt mean they arent fun. Sh|t i could throw in Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and have a blast with a few buddies...And playing past games is one of the main reason why the Wii is sellin the way it is, cuz including myself and a lot of my friends we always "damn what happened to the games we grew up on". We always wished we can play them without bustin out the NES or which ever system the game was on. So just cuz something isnt "fun" for you, doesnt mean everyone else feels that way.
    i read like the first 3 sentences, then i fell over your wall and broke my eye. read the paragraph above this.
    Last edited by Sovieto; 03-26-2008 at 01:10 PM.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    I'd like to see a value drop on technology. Not a quality drop. Although I'd like a value increase on software. I'd like a good job there, but open source is ruining it.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    great, you sold 2 familiys on the wii, ive sold a couple million myself on it too. but once they get it do you think they really play it actively? .
    I'm having a hard time believing you actually have 2 friends who live physically near you, so your "couple million" is very hard to swallow.

I played Tiger Woods '08 with the husbands and, yes, Wii Sports with the wives. They won't buy the Wii for their 3 and 5 year old, they will buy it for themselves. I know for a fact that my brother and his family play the Wii actively. And I know for a fact that the people who came over to play at my brother's when I had the Wii over there, play actively on the ones they bought.

I have games I play when my friends are over and ones I play alone. I don't play video games every waking hour when I get home from work, I have a social life that takes me out of the house, maybe you should try working on one.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    i read like the first 3 sentences, then i fell over your wall and broke my eye. read the paragraph above this.
    damn you really are a cocky little s.o.b arent you?

So what do you want a medal? Cause you feel your bored of the Wii. Get rid of it, sell it. I'll admit and i know the Wii is a tad dull sometimes, BUT thats only cause no third party dev. has stepped up yet. Nintendo themselves can only do so much. Just sit back and wait for developers to jump. Now with WiiWare i bet it opens more doors and better games.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    yeah thats what i dont get people go about saying no one een plays their wii BUT why tell us that the wii is pretty much failing when in fact there is this matter called an opinion that should come into account. I wont change my opinion and yes i am an ignorent bastard
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends
    you know, ever since the week after i bought a wii on its launch date i realized...
    the wii is like a trampoline, its really fun once you get it!!!!! its sooo fun! you think theres nothing better. then after a week or 2 it kinda gets boring, you go on it once in awhile. then your friends come over! oh boy! your friends and you play on the trampoline like its the best thing ever and your friends leave wishing they had a trampoline too. this happens over and over. then soon, you hardly touch the trampoline, your friends still thinks its great but when they come over youre like: nahhh, lets do something else.

I will agree it was like that the first month I got it. But think about it the same would for the 360 or PS3. When I first bought those there were only like 2 good games that you could play, which I ended up beating and then got bored of it. Now over a year into the 360 it has tons of games and options, the Wii for me is the same way, I have several games and continue to play it every day.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I already own many Wii games I haven't played more than a handful of minutes to check them out. They are on my "to do" list. Not to mention the 9 more games I already know I want, and 6 more that I have my eye on but haven't been released yet so the jury is still out.

I'm trying to reign-in my Wii-ADD and focus on one game at a time. I was jumping around a lot and it was messing me up more than it was helping "keep things fresh". So even my precious Zelda is on-hold until I finish Tomb Raider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads