LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    Conquistador T3kNi9e's Avatar
    Member #
    39562
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    2,231
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    If word of mouth is null then just about everything everyone says is worthless, including most shit you say. It's easy to use that as a defense, it shows you have nothing to say.

    Simply put, the old games do not have better or more gameplay than they do now. The only thing that made older games hard was the fact that alot of games had no kind of save system. You would have to play through levels without dying or you had to start over. If the games saved after each level then the games would be a breeze and you could finish it in one sitting.

    You take a kid who is new to games and give him something new, then something old and they like the new stuff. I did this with my cousins on vacation who do not own any games. I had a gamecube at the time and all they wanted to play was Mario Kart DD instead of super mario on the SNES.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

  2. #22
    Let There Be Rock vashivihan's Avatar
    Member #
    36290
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,739
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    If word of mouth is null then just about everything everyone says is worthless, including most shit you say. It's easy to use that as a defense, it shows you have nothing to say.

    Simply put, the old games do not have better or more gameplay than they do now. The only thing that made older games hard was the fact that alot of games had no kind of save system. You would have to play through levels without dying or you had to start over. If the games saved after each level then the games would be a breeze and you could finish it in one sitting.

    You take a kid who is new to games and give him something new, then something old and they like the new stuff. I did this with my cousins on vacation who do not own any games. I had a gamecube at the time and all they wanted to play was Mario Kart DD instead of super mario on the SNES.
    i said that ghost and goblins was a hard game. the proof is out there if u search on google. many respected gamesites and people will say that. how ever saying that u are good at cod4 is just a statement of no value.



    Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

  3. #23
    Conquistador T3kNi9e's Avatar
    Member #
    39562
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    2,231
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Why because to you it can't be proven? It can be proven, just not to someone who owns a Wii only. Anyone in my friends list on 360 can see my Kill/Death ratio. Also anyone who has played with me can tell you im not a noob at CoD4. Which yes... there are people in these forums I have played with at CoD4. Even after not having my 360 for 3 weeks I come back and my ratio is still going up.

    But wtf does me being good or bad at CoD4 have to do with this thread. Some idiot brings it up because he has nothing else to say and now you're saying something about it. Don't blame me for saying it, blame the guy for even saying something about it.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

  4. #24
    WiiChat Member WiitnessID's Avatar
    Member #
    40057
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    452
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Why because to you it can't be proven? It can be proven, just not to someone who owns a Wii only. Anyone in my friends list on 360 can see my Kill/Death ratio. Also anyone who has played with me can tell you im not a noob at CoD4. Which yes... there are people in these forums I have played with at CoD4. Even after not having my 360 for 3 weeks I come back and my ratio is still going up.

    But wtf does me being good or bad at CoD4 have to do with this thread. Some idiot brings it up because he has nothing else to say and now you're saying something about it. Don't blame me for saying it, blame the guy for even saying something about it.

    The only idiot here is you man. And you are arguing with your self at this point. I was stating what I though if you want to debate then choose your subject other than trying to talk junk online ok?

    Your point- old school games are boring and you tried to hide that behind beating a few games as proof.
    My point- try these games they are hard if you want to see my points in action. Excitement equals challenge and game play.

    My second point after reading your post is that your very dismissive and a lost cause. I don't have a problem with you not liking old school you seem to be the guy with problems as you can take some one else opinion.

    I don't feel the need to make you believe old school is better I just stated I though differently and most FPS are getting stale to me. You don't have to be so defensive if you don't want to try those games then don't.

    O yeah another point I love guys like you in online games. You should really play COD4 on the PC thats where I am.

    O yeah another point COD4 is fun but out of how many new games coming out? Games like it depend on the online community also but once that is gone you have to ask your self is the game still fun? I can play thur super ghouls and ghost and still have fun or any 2d shooter.

    Oyeah another point that first post was a rant.

    You do like to argue over stupid shit I'll remember that next time OK. It's a forum people post stuff. You don't have to read it. If you actually want to talk about some thing then we can I was just pasting time earlier.

  5. #25
    WiiChat Member WiitnessID's Avatar
    Member #
    40057
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    452
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by vashivihan
    i said that ghost and goblins was a hard game. the proof is out there if u search on google. many respected gamesites and people will say that. how ever saying that u are good at cod4 is just a statement of no value.

    Forget it man he obviously pissed about some thing else. It's like talking to a bot in quake 3...LOL pointless.

    Nice post though VASH. The newbs really hate 2d huh? If not it sure does seem that way.

    Also if he wants proof the PS2 still out sales the xbox 360 because people are still buying used and old games. Now the old xbox is a completely different story.

  6. #26
    Let There Be Rock vashivihan's Avatar
    Member #
    36290
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,739
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by WiitnessID
    Forget it man he obviously pissed about some thing else. It's like talking to a bot in quake 3...LOL pointless.

    Nice post though VASH. The newbs really hate 2d huh? If not it sure does seem that way.

    Also if he wants proof the PS2 still out sales the xbox 360 because people are still buying used and old games. Now the old xbox is a completely different story.
    true, 3d gives us rerrific effects, sounds and depth but it can never match the classics. remember how hard it was to beat contra without the konami code?



    Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

  7. #27
    WiiChat Member WiitnessID's Avatar
    Member #
    40057
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    452
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by vashivihan
    true, 3d gives us rerrific effects, sounds and depth but it can never match the classics. remember how hard it was to beat contra without the konami code?

    Yeah thats what made it so much fun because it can be done! There so much new comers don't even realize about gaming because of what they started out with. Hey but I don't blame them for it... it's their lost... also too things come back around in cycles.

  8. #28
    Conquistador T3kNi9e's Avatar
    Member #
    39562
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    2,231
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by WiitnessID
    The only idiot here is you man. And you are arguing with your self at this point. I was stating what I though if you want to debate then choose your subject other than trying to talk junk online ok?

    Your point- old school games are boring and you tried to hide that behind beating a few games as proof.
    My point- try these games they are hard if you want to see my points in action. Excitement equals challenge and game play.

    My second point after reading your post is that your very dismissive and a lost cause. I don't have a problem with you not liking old school you seem to be the guy with problems as you can take some one else opinion.

    I don't feel the need to make you believe old school is better I just stated I though differently and most FPS are getting stale to me. You don't have to be so defensive if you don't want to try those games then don't.

    O yeah another point I love guys like you in online games. You should really play COD4 on the PC thats where I am.

    O yeah another point COD4 is fun but out of how many new games coming out? Games like it depend on the online community also but once that is gone you have to ask your self is the game still fun? I can play thur super ghouls and ghost and still have fun or any 2d shooter.

    Oyeah another point that first post was a rant.

    You do like to argue over stupid shit I'll remember that next time OK. It's a forum people post stuff. You don't have to read it. If you actually want to talk about some thing then we can I was just pasting time earlier.
    You might want to quote me on things because you're taking shit out your ass. You claim im arguing with myself but you are the one getting off topic bringing up random shit. I said old games are easier and then you start ranting about how I suck at CoD4 and you never even played with me.

    I never said old school games were boring, I like the old games I used to play back in the days. I still like games I never played. Even Metroid prime which I said sucks, didn't actually suck, it just sucks compared to what I can play these days. Metroid Prime was fun, but I wouldn't buy it, not even off VC. The only thing I would buy on VC are the old games I used to play. Except for Kid Icarus, that shit is boring.

    You say FPS are getting stale? Fine, I agree with you, everyone is trying to make FPS games and their are waay to much. Which is why I only buy certain select shooters. But that has nothing to do with what we are talking about. I said games now days have much more gameplay than they did before. It's waaay more diverse and in depth and tried to say all you do is "jump, look, move forward and shoot" which is far from the truth and you know it. Also, why even use FPS as an example? I would much rather use Portal or Mass Effect as an example...

    Again your going off topic talking about how I should play PC online like you. Wtf does that have to do with the topic? and FYI, I used to play PC games ALOT, infact this is the first generation of game besides the SNES that I really play the console alot. I barely played Gamecube/PS2/N64 (BARELY). I used to play Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress, etc. etc. But I got tired of having to keep upgrading my computer.

    See you are being pretty steriotypical. What makes you think online is all there is now? The only online game I play is CoD4, I had alot of my fun offline playing Oblivion, Mass Effect, the Orange, FABLE, Zelda, SMG, RE4 hell I even clocked many hours into offline Madden 08. YES, they are STILL FUN, hell I can't fukin tell you how much fun I have playing Fable and Fable is short as hell.

    To tell you the truth, I like to argue, period. Doesn't matter what it is, but if you're gonna sit here and claim im the one talking random shit, then see yourself because your the one who keeps going on off topic bring up new stuff. Im making my posts as I read yours, each paragraphic is a direct reply to what your paragraphs say.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

  9. #29
    Let There Be Rock vashivihan's Avatar
    Member #
    36290
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,739
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    You might want to quote me on things because you're taking shit out your ass. You claim im arguing with myself but you are the one getting off topic bringing up random shit. I said old games are easier and then you start ranting about how I suck at CoD4 and you never even played with me.

    I never said old school games were boring, I like the old games I used to play back in the days. I still like games I never played. Even Metroid prime which I said sucks, didn't actually suck, it just sucks compared to what I can play these days. Metroid Prime was fun, but I wouldn't buy it, not even off VC. The only thing I would buy on VC are the old games I used to play. Except for Kid Icarus, that shit is boring.

    You say FPS are getting stale? Fine, I agree with you, everyone is trying to make FPS games and their are waay to much. Which is why I only buy certain select shooters. But that has nothing to do with what we are talking about. I said games now days have much more gameplay than they did before. It's waaay more diverse and in depth and tried to say all you do is "jump, look, move forward and shoot" which is far from the truth and you know it. Also, why even use FPS as an example? I would much rather use Portal or Mass Effect as an example...

    Again your going off topic talking about how I should play PC online like you. Wtf does that have to do with the topic? and FYI, I used to play PC games ALOT, infact this is the first generation of game besides the SNES that I really play the console alot. I barely played Gamecube/PS2/N64 (BARELY). I used to play Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress, etc. etc. But I got tired of having to keep upgrading my computer.

    See you are being pretty steriotypical. What makes you think online is all there is now? The only online game I play is CoD4, I had alot of my fun offline playing Oblivion, Mass Effect, the Orange, FABLE, Zelda, SMG, RE4 hell I even clocked many hours into offline Madden 08. YES, they are STILL FUN, hell I can't fukin tell you how much fun I have playing Fable and Fable is short as hell.

    To tell you the truth, I like to argue, period. Doesn't matter what it is, but if you're gonna sit here and claim im the one talking random shit, then see yourself because your the one who keeps going on off topic bring up new stuff. Im making my posts as I read yours, each paragraphic is a direct reply to what your paragraphs say.
    metroid prime is not on vc. u must mean metroid and super metroid. and kid icarus=hard. u had to be very precise to master the platforming .



    Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

  10. #30
    Conquistador T3kNi9e's Avatar
    Member #
    39562
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    2,231
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    No I don't mean any, im just making an example :P
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts