LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    I disagree with the guy. Nintendo has proven(again and again) people want games. Other features are nice, and some are essential in the future. Such as chat rooms. But overall game systems will continue to exist. We are 20-30 years away from reaching the graphics limit, probably longer. Downloadable games are the future; but consoles are still going to continue to upgrade, and change as much as computers.

This guy in short is a retard. Now I feel bad for picking on him.
    SSBB 5198-2104-9327 PM me, and we'll add each other. Normal hours 1pm-1am EST.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    I disagree with the guy. Nintendo has proven(again and again) people want games. Other features are nice, and some are essential in the future. Such as chat rooms. But overall game systems will continue to exist. We are 20-30 years away from reaching the graphics limit, probably longer. Downloadable games are the future; but consoles are still going to continue to upgrade, and change as much as computers.

This guy in short is a retard. Now I feel bad for picking on him.
    Amen brother!!

Quotes I Like:

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    In England it's more sociably acceptable to be gay is what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athronox View Post
    PrinceLink IS superior................

Is mayo an instrument? Axl Rose's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdmaster
    They will die in less than 5 years remember the end of the world is 2012

Ya, not a believer of the doomsday crap. Remember 1999? Hah! LAUGHED at all the people in their basements! (As if that would do anything if the world WAS going to end.)

LISTEN TO

Member #
    Friends
    haha so true
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FR.
    Seeing the way the gaming industry is now, I can't see it "die out" in the next 5 - 10 years. I don't see why companies would want to end their line of consoles when they are making bucket loads of money off of them.
    The whole industry is a goldmine.
    they are lucky to break even between marketing, producing, and distributing them. usually companys dont see a profit until the last year or two of the consoles life.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Exactly, that goes for just about everthing tech related today. Phones/Mp3's/Laptops/PC's/DVD/Video game consoles. For the most part electronics is not really a profitable buisness to be in unless you make money of things attached to it such as movies, games, updates, attachments ect. ect. The cost doesn't come down on making these items untill just before the next update comes out and then your back in the vicious circle.

You toss the high end technology out on the market to get the consumers in and then rely on them purchasing things for the device in order to make your money back and hopefully a profit.risky buisness to say the least.

This isn't about games going away or the concept of a console going away. This is about things being joined as one large unit because of the cost to develop them and the savings involved with this.

Your new mobile device will be a Cell phone/PDA/Digital camera/handheld game/Mp3 player ect. ect. all in one.

Same for your home entertainment your DVD/Cable,Satelite/Game Console/Stereo/Surround sound can all be cram packed into one box. The software can be updated quickly and eaisly without you even knowing, and everything you need to buy for such a devices will be right at your finger tips to download for a fraction of the cost. There will still be plenty of different companies making these "all in one" devices, but they will be universal for the most part with maybe some exclusive content to draw in customers much like with consoles today. Beyond that you would just go buy a new device to meet the specs you want at the time. Simple concept and it is deffinately the direction we are heading so far.

Member #
    Friends
    they are making a xbox 720 (360 + 360)
    and i read somewhere nintendo is making a secend wii
    and the playstation 4 will be made i read a while ago
    credit goes to MRvisiter on the castle crashers fourm

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceLink
    Consoles will be here as long as gaming is here, also the guy in the article said that handhelds will go away and that i can beilve becuase it could just translate into cell phones but consoles NO WAY!

Well G4 attck of the show said in a article that if the internet keeps expanding at the current rate it will run out of bandwith by the year 2015 but im sure there think of something
    You're kinda missing the point. Imagine if sony came out with a new TV that had a PS3/Blu-Ray Player built in? It'd be a hit. Now imagine if you could use your cable service to buy games online and download them directly to your TV's harddrive. All of a sudden you've got a TV, a PS3, and access to every game out there without leaving your couch all in one package. It's kinda like that.

The point is rather than having all these different electronic devices it'll all just be built into one universal device for user convenience.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Subarnu
    What is the FTC?
    Federal Trade Commission. In the US they have the legal power to stop a company from releasing a product, buying another company, monopolies, antitrusts, etc.

Pretty much every country has their version.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    This isn't about games going away or the concept of a console going away. This is about things being joined as one large unit because of the cost to develop them and the savings involved with this.

Your new mobile device will be a Cell phone/PDA/Digital camera/handheld game/Mp3 player ect. ect. all in one.

Same for your home entertainment your DVD/Cable,Satelite/Game Console/Stereo/Surround sound can all be cram packed into one box. The software can be updated quickly and eaisly without you even knowing, and everything you need to buy for such a devices will be right at your finger tips to download for a fraction of the cost. There will still be plenty of different companies making these "all in one" devices, but they will be universal for the most part with maybe some exclusive content to draw in customers much like with consoles today. Beyond that you would just go buy a new device to meet the specs you want at the time. Simple concept and it is deffinately the direction we are heading so far.
    +1, for those who disagree, please read wezeles' comment again. Using "die out" is a bit of a misnomer, the term "evolution" is more appropriate. As wezeles mentioned, this direction of an "all in one" for tech stuff is happening everywhere. Even for enterprise software like Oracle and IBM DB2 z/OS (where I work) . IMO version 1.0 is happening right now with the current gen of consoles, e.g. internet browsers, downloadable content, DVD player, etc. The next gen of consoles, most likely Sony and MS, will integrate even more functions into one piece of hardware. Before you know it the next gen Xbox will also have a DVR and smell-o-vision .
    Last edited by gnahc79; 03-29-2008 at 10:26 AM.
    MOHH2 username: sushinut
    I have: Wii Play, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Elebits, RE4, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Mario & Sonic, GHIII w/ 2 guitars, MOHH2, SMG, RE: UC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Ads