LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8587-1102-6191-9483
    I would rather much pay for better online than have a terrible free one. Maybe there should be two types of online-one for free, which is like it is now, and another superior online service ala xbox live. But then there would be problems arising from people using the free service asking that why is nintendo making us pay for a better service which, in their opinion, should be free.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie the Pooh

Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by jl559
    I would rather much pay for better online than have a terrible free one. Maybe there should be two types of online-one for free, which is like it is now, and another superior online service ala xbox live. But then there would be problems arising from people using the free service asking that why is nintendo making us pay for a better service which, in their opinion, should be free.
    wait. why would people using the free service ask why ninty is making them pay for online?

also problems would arise from people who are paying trying to play with people who are not paying. features would vary between them

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    8587-1102-6191-9483
    Quote Originally Posted by vashivihan
    wait. why would people using the free service ask why ninty is making them pay for online?

also problems would arise from people who are paying trying to play with people who are not paying. features would vary between them
    i meant people using the free service would start to think that they're getting ripped off because they think the features they're not getting, which are in the pay one, should be free. Especially if they look at the Playstation Network which is free yet includes online standards like voice chat, leaderboards, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie the Pooh

Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

Member #
    Friends
    7584-1766-4453-7887
    It wont kill the Wii, like wezeles said, the Wii is a party console. A lot of people buy the Wii because they can play virtual tennis with their spouse.

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by HubMonkey
    Will it kill the Wii? NO and it is apparent that it is really not that important to people who want a Wii, if it was there would be tons of them on the shelves and nintendo would die off.

The Wii is NOT about online gaming, it is about the unique controls and what doors of possibility could be opened up with it.

I see lots of the articles criticizing game consoles for every short coming and they are nothing more than hindsight... If these people are so smart, why is there not a 'Perfect" game console out there? I will tell you why, because one cannot be created. It is like having software with zero bugs, will NEVER happen... this is because of the costs associated with with development. R&D is a cost center not a profit center.

Sooo with that said these people who write these articles can jump in the lake because they really have no clue. I hope that people on these forums are smart enough to take those articles with a grain of salt.

Hub
    I understand what you're saying, but I agree with the article more. Today's gaming undustry in America favors online play--when was the last time parents looked at the games they buy or their children buy? I guarantee you that half, if not more, of all parents would not have approved of any of the San Andreas games for their children to purchase and play. Adding online capabilities is what people want--kids and not. Normally, parents don't think "wow that console has internet connection, my child is going to use it and talk to people and it will have negative effects on him". It's still all about the money, and people are demanding good online gameplay like never before--literally.

If the Wii does not improve its online play soon, it will be known as a console with bad online capabilties and qualities, as it is already starting to be known as such--and people will cease to buy it.

How many people bought the Wii, for the most part, for its "competitive multiplayer online game for the Wii" (SSBB)? The number wont be in the millions, but even in the thousands is plenty. Trust me online play is basically whats "in" right now and it isn't going to die out any time soon; if this cannot be helped than people will simply "reject" the Wii. The majority of the owners, it seems, would like to see a good online play--games that were once limiting to four people within your household--to broaden to your entire country or even the whole world. And because it's possible and it has been done, and most of all has been a success, people want more of it in general.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by Subarnu
    It wont kill the Wii, like wezeles said, the Wii is a party console. A lot of people buy the Wii because they can play virtual tennis with their spouse.
    well then why are people getting mad about friend codes and lack of voice chat. sure, nintendo may be doing good now but the online (voice chat, dlc, etc) is the future whether u like it or not and nintendo has a lot to catch up to.

Member #
    Friends
    7584-1766-4453-7887
    ^^ The Wii has sold millions of Wiis and not all of those Wiis went to people looking for dlc and voice chat.

The first thing my mom said when I told her the Wii could access the internet was: Wont we get viruses from it then?
    Last edited by Subarnu; 03-28-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by Subarnu
    The first thing my mom said when I told her the Wii could access the internet was: Wont we get viruses from it then?
    and then there are some people........ lol jk

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by vashivihan
    well then why are people getting mad about friend codes and lack of voice chat. sure, nintendo may be doing good now but the online (voice chat, dlc, etc) is the future whether u like it or not and nintendo has a lot to catch up to.
    True they have alot to fix, but honestly they were right, besides probably 10% of its gamers most of Nintendo consumers don't care about online.
    And honestly most the games out for Wii really wouldn't be great online aside from a few. Most of them are fun games to play with friends but I couldn't see myself getting half as geeked at playing Wii bowling drunk with a buddy over the net as opposed to in person.

The games that are really going to need the online isn't so much the Nintendo games,aside from a few like animal crossing, but the FPS,MMORPG,Sports games that 3rd party is more well known for and should be pushing onto the Wii with online service.

MOH:H2 is a decent setup, the friends code still kinda sucks but open browsing for rooms to play in is easy and well setup. They simply need to do more games like that becasue that is the games that do great online anyways. They need to just let 3rd party do whatever they want for online, let them worry about the angry parents. Nintendo can improve their own online setup and keep it "userfriendly".

It would have been nice to have more options in SSBB but if they left it open to use whatever options you would have everything form 2 minute to unlimited battles and from 1 to 100 stock. Simply far to many options to choose from and it would end up being a pain when people drop out or just straight up stop to do somethign mid fight. What makes games like that fun is the intesity of it with too many options you can make that appeal fall off when others leave even for a minute.
    Last edited by wezeles; 03-28-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    True they have alot to fix, but honestly they were right, besides probably 10% of its gamers most of Nintendo consumers don't care about online.
    Yup, the people complaining are the people who come online and follow the game industry. But most people who own the Wii do not follow anything about the Wii. They buy the console and buy games. Most of them probably don't know anything outside of that so they don't give a shit. Wii's demographic is made up of mostly kids and casual gamers. So chances are they couldn't give two shits about Wii's online.

So as long as Wii doesn't overprice their console, I would say they're solid. Do I think they will sell as good next gen? I have no idea and no one else knows either, but im pretty sure they will be okay.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Ads