LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    I said this once, and many times before I shall say it again. It's not Nintendo that's the problem. The problem is Japan. Ever play Final Fantasy 11 online? How about PSO where you can't use the word, "shoes" in a chat room? Don't forget the outright lack of voice chat for Resident Evil Online 1&2! MGS3 Online was a great step forward, but that game had no chat room! Look at any Japanese online game on the market, and notice the lack of the basics.

As I said before the problem isn't Nintendo. The problem is Japan itself. They need to change their mentality before making any more online games.
    SSBB 5198-2104-9327 PM me, and we'll add each other. Normal hours 1pm-1am EST.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Since Nintendo is a Japanese owned company it's still Nintendo. Doesn't matter if there is a Nintendo of America, thats just one part of the company. But the Japanese are the head of it.

So it doesn't matter if Nintendo of America wants it. Japan is where it makes most of the money to so they will meet the demands of the Japanese the most. Plus alot of casual old farts are buying the Wii's up so Nintendo is still doing good here without online. So if they are making good money here with the casuals and Japanese think online is "nerdy" there's no point in there eyes to do it.

Which is why I really like 360 being a American company because they look to the needs of Americans first, while the Japanese suffer.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Better sports on 360? I wouldn't say that because they're all the same on all consoles, except for the Wii of course.

FPS, once again not really either. I think people get this misconception because of Halo. Seriously, look at most of the FPS games out there... They're on all consoles... Well, atleast 360/PS3/PC
    Well for the FPS 360 offers more no question, and the sports/FPS are way more fun on a 360 just for the sheer number of people online. Online is what makes these games great and xbox live has the largest online community, so the games are better even if the same setup. Like I said, the games might be offered for every console, but because of the different setup of each console you always see one that shines more in each genre.

Member #
    Friends
    What's this? Another article about how "shortcoming x" will be the death of the Wii? Seems like we've been reading these ever since the Wii was announced, yet the Wii remains the top selling system worldwide. I wonder when people are going to get tired of writing them?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jackfromcs View Post
    I agree with the article. Why should Nintendo reject good online play because their Japanese customers think it's 'nerdy'. Because a small fraction of people who buy the console won't use it?

Fine, then take online play out of the Japanese products and let everyone else stay in this decade and play online.
    Japan pisses me off

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads