LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Are you losing Faith In the Wii-mote and how most games are contolled?

Ok so today i got Minidesk top racing in the mail and i have been waiting for a week now to play it. I popped it into my Wii and I was really excited because it looked very fun. So I read all the intructions and I was ready to play. In this game you have to use the Wiimote by rotateing it to the left and right while you are holding striaght(not like your driving like mario Kart) MAN I SWEAR TO GOD I COULD NOT MAKE IT AROUND 1 SINGLE LAP. This has got to be the dumbest controls I have ever seen in a video game. I was very dissappointed and really pissed that I even shelled out the 20 bucks ! Anyway Im really starting to question the Controls for alot of Games. It seemed like it was so much fun while I played Wii sports but as soon as I poped in another game(bully, mini desktop racing, transformers, etc) The controls were HORRIBLE !! Im starting to think that whoever owns a Wii should probably buy a PS3 also cause you are defintly not going to satisfy your gaming needs If Nintendo presists on making games were the classic controller is not used. Today I am dissapointed. I think im losing faith In my Wii. Im hoping Mario Kart will restore it for me.

Member #
    Friends
    0505-6993-9515-7982
    You see the problem is the games you have are all shit
    Steam ID: Mintoisking
    Xbox live GT: Sir Minto
    PSN ID: Mintoisgod

Member #
    Friends
    5820-3895-0352-0420
    Yep, there are plenty of games that make good use of the Wii's controls, and many good games that will come. I guess the games you have are all crappy.
    SSBB FC: 3050-7266-1269 - Add me. Msg me with your code if you do My nickname is AWZ!
    PES 2009 FC: 1548-0990-5835

Member #
    Friends
    0505-6993-9515-7982
    dude mini desktop racing got like a 3.0 on gamespot

Mega lulz
    Steam ID: Mintoisking
    Xbox live GT: Sir Minto
    PSN ID: Mintoisgod

Member #
    Friends
    You need to learn to do your research to find out what games are good and which are not. Some people claim reviews mean nothing, but the fact is it does. It helps you to not waste your money. You can't just look at score either, you need to read them to find what the pros and cons of the games.

Sadly, most of the good games are made by Nintendo and there aren't that many. I would suggest buying first party games like Mario Kart of course and Super Smash Brothers Brawl which lets you use classic controller. Then get a 360 or PS3 for other games.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    It looks like toy commander which was really fun.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    You need to learn to do your research to find out what games are good and which are not. Some people claim reviews mean nothing, but the fact is it does. It helps you to not waste your money. You can't just look at score either, you need to read them to find what the pros and cons of the games.

Sadly, most of the good games are made by Nintendo and there aren't that many. I would suggest buying first party games like Mario Kart of course and Super Smash Brothers Brawl which lets you use classic controller. Then get a 360 or PS3 for other games.
    I could not agree with you more !! I absolutly love all mario games. Nintendo , makes awsome games. Zelda, mario, ssbb, etc etc. They are all great !! And i would also like to add Wii sports to that list. I cant remember the last time i had so much fun playing a video game BUT......Shouldnt it be up to the gamer on what controls he or she prefers to use? I think that all games should allow you to use the Classic controller. Although the Wii introduced a awesome new concept With the Wiimote, it doesnt nessacerly mean that we should be required to play our favorite classic nintendo games with the Wii-mote. Most of us are used to the classic controller and the feel of it works for us. Although some will argue and ask me why I even bother to buy a wii, Well i bought it because I love nintendo and mario and the games. Should I sacrifice what I love for controls i dont prefer to use???

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Best game to use the Wii controls is Metroid Prime 3, and I also found Bully to work quite well also. I have enjoyed all games I have played using my Remote and Nunchuck, and substitute my Gamecube controller in for games that I feel will not use controls well.

In no way am I losing faith, Nintendo always makes games that utilize controls well so you can always count on that. Third Party developers do it sort of well, Red Steel (despite its technical shortcomings) IMO used the controls quite well.

Seems you just need to find more info on games that use the controls, and one tip I will say is avoid the shovelware like Minidesk Top Racing.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    i never played mini desktop racing but the screen shotes look so horrorible.

Member #
    Friends
    6251-4082-6209-0546
    Don't buy shit games like those.

If you want something that uses motion control quite well. I recommend Bully or God Father. No More Heroes and Resident Evil 4 are pretty good picks too.
    Subscribe to My Channel to View Wiikly "Wii Virtual Console Previews" and Other "Radical 90's Content"!!!

YouTube Channel: PokGaiWordPress

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads