LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Problem ordering games at online stores

So I ordered 3 games from amazon this week: mario strikers, Call of duty WaW, and house of the dead 2&3. 2 of the 3 orders were messed up. For call of duty, they sent me the xbox 360 version and for house of the dead, they sent me sonic. Now both of these are their fault and they are replacing them...but what a pain, I had to repack them, pay for return shipping (which is being refunded back) and now wait until next week to get the games.......

Moral of the story:

ordering online to save a few extra $$ just isnt worth it

*just a note, these were not directly from amazon, rather from resellers on amazon

The Conduit - 5327-8743-2704
    ssbb - 2535-7739-8758
    mario kart wii - 3867-1976-3744
    Mario Strikers - 395320-046916
    CoD: WaW: 326602241159
    mertroid ds - 3609-5846-2731
    PM me to exchange codes

Wii: WaW, ssbb, mario kart, mario galaxy, wii fit, sports, ddr2, rock band 1, monkey ball, RE4, links crossbow, house of dead 2+3, mario strikers, punch out, the conduit

DS: Mortal Kombat, metroid, brain age 2, new smb, contra 4, trauma center 2

xbox 360 - SF4, halo 3 (gamertag: njsurfing)

Member #
    Friends
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    Quote Originally Posted by baldbull View Post
    So I ordered 3 games from amazon this week: mario strikers, Call of duty WaW, and house of the dead 2&3. 2 of the 3 orders were messed up. For call of duty, they sent me the xbox 360 version and for house of the dead, they sent me sonic. Now both of these are their fault and they are replacing them...but what a pain, I had to repack them, pay for return shipping (which is being refunded back) and now wait until next week to get the games.......

Moral of the story:

*just a note, these were not directly from amazon, rather from resellers on amazon
    I've never had a problem ordering direct from Amazon, though. So ordering online to save $$$ can be worth it, it just depends on the integrity of the online seller...

Member #
    Friends
    Does Amazon carry any of those games (or is it just the store fronts?)

I got a DVD set for Christmas (Dr. Who First Season ) and one disk was defective. When I finally figured out where to go on their site to return a defective product, I was able to print out a shipping label with return postage and an RMA slip. I was only out the cost of packaging (box and some bubble wrap that some other stuff came in and tape.) And I needed the exercise so I walked to the post office to ship.

Best part is that they cross shipped the replacement and I had it a day or two later!

Member #
    Friends
    yea those marketplace sellers are buyer beware.

next time buy direct from amazon.
    Wii Games: Mario Glaxay 1&2, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart wii, wii sports, wii play, Wii Party, Force Unleashed 1, Godzilla Unleashed, indiana jones:SoK Wii, Metriod:Trilogy, TMNT:Smash-Up, CoD:Reflex&black ops,NSMBwii, Link's zapper training,goldeneye,tomb raider anniversary,metroid otherM.

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    I agree, I always check the ratings of the resellers and read their reviews. It's pretty much like Ebay. For Christmas, I ordered a poster there from a reseller and they sent me the wrong one. They apologized and returned it and got a new one. Guess it was during Christmas and they got a boat-load of orders since their reviews were riddled with more mistakes than compared to the rest of the year. Other than that, I haven't had any problems ordering over Amazon (and I order over Amazon frequently)

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by baldbull View Post
    Moral of the story:

You need to read the details
    Ive never been sold the wrong thing from any of the many of the shopping sites I use

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Ads