LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    WiiChat Member wiipsycho's Avatar
    Member #
    55979
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    43
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by caryjames View Post
    Hey all,

    Obviously new to the forum, but I needed some expert opinions. I've owned an Xbox 360 for a little over a year now, and I seem to have hit a wall. I don't have enough money to buy games, and the games I have (GTA IV, Crackdown, Gears of War) are all 1-player vehicles. Even Madden is an unsatisfying play.

    I tend to have a lot more fun playing video games with friends/the new wife. Gone are the days of sitting around in my underwear murdering aliens and skipping classes, so to speak.

    In short, I'm thinking of trading all my games, the console, etc for 350 dollars in credits at Game Stop. I figure I could buy a Wii with an extra controller, maybe grab Mario Kart and possibly the Mario Baseball Game.

    My friends have voiced concerns in terms of Wii's limited graphics and game selection. Should I take the Wii plunge?
    Well, Wii might not have the best graphics but they are so much better than ps2 and xbox. Wait until you see Conduit's graphics! Graphics don't make a game fun. I played alot of games with excellent graphics but the gameplay sucked. The wii has alot of great games. Alot more than ps3 has. 360 does have the most games, but if you want to sell it, than wii is the best choice. the wii is the best console for party games and multiplayer games. Its fun. I did own all consoles at one time, but the wii is the best. Mario Kart is really fun by the way, probably the best racing game ever on any console!

  2. #22
    40lb box of rape ROB64's Avatar
    Member #
    40281
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,759
    Friends
    46
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    Quote Originally Posted by wiipsycho View Post
    Well, Wii might not have the best graphics but they are slightly better than ps2 and a tad worse than xbox.
    Fixed.
    Wait until you see Conduit's graphics! Graphics don't make a game fun
    But they do help. I used to be just like you, thinking that graphics weren't important blah blah blah...

    Until I got a 360. I got the 360 just to play Banjo Kazooie, but after I bought a few games and played them, all my opinions changed.
    I bought No More Heroes to see if it was as good as people said, and it wasn't. The shitty blocky graphics ruined the game (as did the sub-par controls... "Swing, swing, swing, you win!!!")

  3. #23
    WiiChat Member wiipsycho's Avatar
    Member #
    55979
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    43
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB64 View Post
    Fixed.

    But they do help. I used to be just like you, thinking that graphics weren't important blah blah blah...

    Until I got a 360. I got the 360 just to play Banjo Kazooie, but after I bought a few games and played them, all my opinions changed.
    I bought No More Heroes to see if it was as good as people said, and it wasn't. The shitty blocky graphics ruined the game (as did the sub-par controls... "Swing, swing, swing, you win!!!")
    Well, I don't want the graphics to be terrible. I would like to see good looking graphics especially today. I never played No More Heroes, is it a bad game? the 360 is a great console but I traded it in for a reason. It just gave me problems. i hated that you had to pay for online gaming and the wireless adapter didn't work well for me which annoyed me because I spent 100 dollars on it. I prefer gameplay more, but your right, graphics do matter. I just think there not a big deal, I guess it depends. Does Banjo Kazooie have better looking graphics then the 64 version? I was wondering if they updated it. I'm still annoyed that it didn't come to Wii VC.

  4. #24
    Senior Member CantGetAWii's Avatar
    Member #
    9325
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WiiChat
    Posts
    6,418
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Wii was stronger than the PS2 and Xbox (go to Conduit thread in Wii Gaming and read the blog I shared with comparison videos).

    Either way though what Rob said to an extent was true. I didn't care about graphics in the least but was impressed with the way that Brawl looked on Wii and other games on the console (Galaxy). Once I bought a 360 and started playing more games I saw that good visuals was the norm there and now I expect everything to match that, no matter the console.

    I personally believe however that Wii is capable of much more, its whether the developers care to use it or not and lately with whats come out/coming out I've noticed they are starting to care more.

    CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner


    'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'


    Retired Moderator-[PM]


    Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

  5. #25
    Akatsuki Assassin Dzapper's Avatar
    Member #
    33321
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Morehouse College
    Posts
    723
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    I would say go for it!!!! I love the 360, however if someone put a gun to my head and said "Give me one of these consoles or I'll shot" I would say "Take the XBOX" with little to no hesitation.


    Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

  6. #26
    Akatsuki Assassin Dzapper's Avatar
    Member #
    33321
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Morehouse College
    Posts
    723
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB64 View Post
    Fixed.

    But they do help. I used to be just like you, thinking that graphics weren't important blah blah blah...

    Until I got a 360. I got the 360 just to play Banjo Kazooie, but after I bought a few games and played them, all my opinions changed.
    I bought No More Heroes to see if it was as good as people said, and it wasn't. The shitty blocky graphics ruined the game (as did the sub-par controls... "Swing, swing, swing, you win!!!")
    WOAH!!!!!!! This sounds like a post from someone who has never EVER!!!!! played No More Heroes. For one thing, you don't swing the Wiimote to attack, you press A. So if you "Swing,swing, swing" as you said, then Travis will stand there getting his *** kicked by everyone in the room. Also the game is not easy at all. You make it sound like the game is just a mindless beat em' up, but it is far from it. The enemies are challenging and many of the boss fights are extremely brutal. I'm not saying No More Heroes was perfect, but it was no where near as bad as you are making it out to be.

    p.s. I refuse to believe that bad graphics can completly "ruin" a gaming experience. It's not possible.

    *sorry bout the double post but I felt this was necessary*


    Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

  7. #27
    WiiChat Member wiipsycho's Avatar
    Member #
    55979
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    43
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzapper View Post
    WOAH!!!!!!! This sounds like a post from someone who has never EVER!!!!! played No More Heroes. For one thing, you don't swing the Wiimote to attack, you press A. So if you "Swing,swing, swing" as you said, then Travis will stand there getting his *** kicked by everyone in the room. Also the game is not easy at all. You make it sound like the game is just a mindless beat em' up, but it is far from it. The enemies are challenging and many of the boss fights are extremely brutal. I'm not saying No More Heroes was perfect, but it was no where near as bad as you are making it out to be.

    p.s. I refuse to believe that bad graphics can completly "ruin" a gaming experience. It's not possible.

    *sorry bout the double post but I felt this was necessary*

    yea I agree, only technosexuals care about graphics. I still play fun games that have weak graphics. Its just a fu!@#$% game! The only reason why i bought a ps3 was because i thought the graphics were going to be the best, yes they are the best, but the games suck sh!@!. I only liked mgs 4. I'm glad i sold my ps3.

  8. #28
    WiiChat Member raisinghelen's Avatar
    Member #
    19621
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,052
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii View Post
    I personally believe however that Wii is capable of much more, its whether the developers care to use it or not and lately with whats come out/coming out I've noticed they are starting to care more.
    Devs are definitely starting to care more. EA are saying that half of their emphasis will now be on the Wii, which may point to the Wii becoming the lead development platform in the future.

    It probably shouldn't have been a big suprise what with big titles in Japan switching over to the Wii, such as FF4 and MH3.

  9. #29
    Senior Member CantGetAWii's Avatar
    Member #
    9325
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WiiChat
    Posts
    6,418
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    Devs are definitely starting to care more. EA are saying that half of their emphasis will now be on the Wii, which may point to the Wii becoming the lead development platform in the future.

    It probably shouldn't have been a big suprise what with big titles in Japan switching over to the Wii, such as FF4 and MH3.
    True enough, 2009 especially is looking to be a good year for Wii. I was worried early on that quality titles would stop after 2 years of the Wii being out but its the complete opposite.

    CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner


    'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'


    Retired Moderator-[PM]


    Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

  10. #30
    WiiChat Member strommsarnac's Avatar
    Member #
    10667
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    USA, Central Ohio
    Posts
    258
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Understand that I have both a 360 and was one of the early (I'm talking Dec 26th of when the Wii was release) buyers. I have about 15 retail games for the Wii and maybe 20 for the 360. Multiple controllers for both.

    Last I seriously even touched the Wii was back in JUNE. I play on the 360 just about every week. For a 39 year old family man who started gaming in the mid-70s, the Wii just doesn't cut it. It's fun for backyard projection screen gaming, but the games are just too stuck with the "early teen" mentality. Graphcs aren't an issue for me. Heck, I still play games on my Commodore PET and 64.

    But I'm not into puzzle gaming and it seems like most N games are heavy in that aspect. I want to enjoy the 30 minutes I get to play and not racking my brain like I do at work.

    I think one other things keeps the Wii at the lower end of my gaming time. The online multiplay support is horrid.

    So, my suggestion is don't sell your 360. Keep it, save some money and buy a Wii. Maybe see if someone you know will let you borrow their's for a few weeks. That's about the amount of time for the newness to wear off. Then you'll be at the point where you can make an honest choice of which you like best.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

im trading my xbox for my friends ps3

Click on a term to search for related topics.