LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Just Ordered a Wii.. couple ??s

So I bought a Wii that comes with Wii sports, nunchuk and remote. Also ordered another remote and nunchuk as well as one classic controller, Madden NFL 09 and Need for Speed. Ordered the system so me and my gf can have something fun to do and we plan to get the wii fit so we can look good at the beach this summer I ordered it from Gamestop, the local store said they might not get them for a month but Gamestop had them in stock online.

Few questions:
    Do I need to get a memory card?
    Does the Wii come with remote chargers or do I need to buy one?
    How many Wii points should I buy to start off with to download a few old games?
    What else should I get for the Wii?

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by 97cobra View Post
    Few questions:
    What else should I get for the Wii?
    No you don't need a memory card for Wii games, everything saves to the memory it has internally. If you wish to play and save GameCube games then you will need a GameCube memory card.

The Wii doesn't come with remote chargers and they're not really a necessity for single player use. But if you feel buying batteries for two sets of controllers to be a hassle invest in a charging kit which can be found anywhere games are sold.

Each points card you buy has 2000 points and that runs you $20.00 bucks each card. Virtual Console titles range in points with Nes games worth the lowest (500) and N64 being the highest (1000). Every other system is in between those two. If you need more you can always use your credit card and buy more points off the channel yourself. Each point is worth $.01.

As for anything else, you seem to have everything you need to play. I suggest playing around a bit and see if you feel like you need anything else. Usually all you need to buy more of is new games to play once your tired of those ones.

Enjoy

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    please note, not all places sell 2000pt cards for $20, here in canada i have seen them from $20 (toys r us) to 24.99 (Future shop, EB games, Source) up to 27.99 (Best Buy). Saying that 1pt = 0.01c is innacurate, it doesnt relate direclty to currency, it just so happens to be similarly marketed as such
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    look for the game "wiiplay", it's a game and remote for about $10 more than just buying a remote. the wiiplay games get old quick, but is good at times when you have company, wiiplay's Tank Game has lots of game play, though.

$25 set of 4 or 8 engergizer rechargeables that come with the charger pays for itself quickly

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    Also, on the Wii Shopping Channel, you can buy points directly in there in smaller increments than the point cards in stores (1000 points versus 2000 points).

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for the info guys. So I just need to get like 8 rechargable AA batteries and I'm set? Or is it a different kind of battery?

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    yeah... 8

Member #
    Friends
    Do I need to get anything to go online to the wii shop or does it come with all the necessary equipment?

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    if you have a wireless AP or wireless router in your house then you're set.

if you have a wired router then you need to buy nintendo's USB ethernet adapter.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    please note, not all places sell 2000pt cards for $20, here in canada i have seen them from $20 (toys r us) to 24.99 (Future shop, EB games, Source) up to 27.99 (Best Buy). Saying that 1pt = 0.01c is innacurate, it doesnt relate direclty to currency, it just so happens to be similarly marketed as such
    They usually make the direct exchange in USD, and everything else goes from there.

Ads