LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Oh lordy bad advice everywhere. Too lazy to correct though.

I'm surprised that your TV even displays it. The frequency offset is probably what's causing it.

Member #
    Friends
    This "visible lines" difference - is it and actual resolution difference?
    Because that difference you cited sounds huge (in favor of the PAL)

And that site of adapters compatibility seems strange, they say in the text that only one (and another one that some added) are working but the list is pretty long.
    But anyway, even though I thought that it simply converts it into a USB port/signal/I don't know what and that all of them should work, but if there are incompatibillities then I might rather just get the official one.
    But does it mean that if I'll get an unofficial component cables they might not be compatible or that A/V cables are something different?

And about the last comment - I don't really know about all those frequencies differences, but my TV displays it (today almost every TV is both PAL and NTSC). So should the prograssive scan get rid of it?

*And something about the stroage. Wikipedia says that it has about 0.5GB of internal storage.
    Then why when I'm trying to save it won't let me?
    Last edited by WiiWiiWii1; 02-12-2009 at 08:50 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Ok, now I checked and it said that NTSC really has a lower resolution than PAL (and why is that... that's just stupid. And anyway the both of them don't seem to use the standard 4:3 aspect, but the PAL is a bit closer).

What does it actually mean? That Wii version has less information to process? Is it weaker?

And even if my TV is "multisystem", does it mean that it stretches the picture or something to match the resolution?

*Edit: Now I'm not sure... They don't explain it clearly, but Wikipedia says for 480i that "while NTSC has a total of 525 lines, only 480 of these are used to display the image"... What?
    Last edited by WiiWiiWii1; 02-12-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Hahaha, you don't know what you're talking about and yet you're still trying to be biased? It isn't all about resolution. (interlaced vs progressive, for instance. Same number of lines, vastly different appearance). He already said it can be debated which is better.

Member #
    Friends
    No, PAL obviously looks better and I've already seen comparisons, but I can't really understand what are the exact difference as their saying things like different numbers of "lines" that doesn't even fit with the number of apparent pixels.

And PAL never uses interlaced anyway, it's only in NTSC.

Member #
    Friends
    1229-2023-7316-8799
    You would most likely not have any problems if you returned your NTSC Wii and bought a PAL Wii, that is the bottom line. I don't know what "comparisons" you are talking about, but if you are going off of the fact that your NTSC Wii looks crappy on your PAL region TV, you just don't get it. That is why they sell PAL Wiis and NTSC Wiis.
    PM Me for Codes: SSBB, MK, MoH, CoD

Member #
    Friends
    I can't return it as it was bought in the USA and I'm not even close to it, and anyway - as I said, almost all of the electrical appliances here are basically twice is pricey as in the US, and it would simply cost too much to buy all of the stuff here.

Well, and I don't know the exact differences between PAL and NTSC in this specific console because I'm not really sure how it works and about all of this resolution thing (but again, as I said, PAL looks better than NTSC, it's a fact), but it may simply be the interlacing thing, so if I'll use the component cable it might solve it.

Ads