LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Maybe you don't like Nintendo games, in which case I can understand you being dissapointed because the Wii has pretty much been surviving on 1st party games. Personally I have liked the majority so far because they do remind me of the N64 games that I used to play.

I didn't expect voice chat to be included in COD:WAW as it was released before Wii Speak, although I've always thought that the majority of voice chat in games was more annoying than anything else. Future games should feature it though for people who want that option.

Not sure why you are bothered by Wii Music and Party Babyz. They clearly are not aimed at you and there's no reason to deny the intended audience of games that they may enjoy. Party Babyz actually scored 7.5 on IGN so it's not a shovelware game and I have no objection to games that cater for kids/casuals as long as they are not lazy junk. A bit of something for everyone is fair.

There are already plenty of great games on the Wii from both Nintendo and 3rd parties (e.g. SMG, MP3, NMH, Okami, GH:WT, De Blob, PES, Shaun White etc). There are a lot more 'hardcore' games coming out this year though, with Tenchu, HOD: Overkill, Deadly Creatures this month, the awesome looking Madworld in March and of course The Conduit in June. More 3rd parties are shifting their focus towards the Wii too because it is the biggest selling system and because it's cheaper to develop for (which is good when in a recession).

2009 will be a great year for the Wii so you should really hang onto it. If you don't have a decent PC then supplement the Wii with a 360 or PS3 as well and then you'll be set for a lot of great gaming for the next couple of years.

Member #
    Friends
    3239-0851-6759-1030
    Well let's see here, you have 3 quality 3rd party games out this month.

Deadly Creatures
    The House Of The Dead: Overkill
    Tenchu: Shadow Assassins

All 3 got very positive reviews, and I personally bought Deadly Creatures out of those 3, and let me tell you it's a very good effort made by the developer Rainbow Studios, the gameplay and graphics are done very well.

Plus, there are more games coming in 2009 as mentioned before. Keep your eyes pealed.

Playstation Network: yanks96
    Steam I.D: yankees96
    Xbox LIVE: dotKev
    Xfire: yanks96
    My Twitter Account

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by rihopo2 View Post
    I bought my wii back in 07 and bought smash bros. for it. It was an ok game, but I was kinda dissapointed with it. Then I played Twilight princess for it; I was dissapointed with it(particularly two things: the level of difficulty and all the waggling). Then I bought CoD WaW. It's fun and all, but I also dissapointed me(no voice chat support or even ANY way to communicate). Then there's wii music, the game that makes me ashamed to own a wii( I don't own wii music, but the concept of it is retarded).

The bottom line is that the wii is slowly dissapointing me more and more. The immense amount of garbage that comes out on it is almost unbearable. I mean, the other day, I saw a game called"party babies" and this little girl was begging her mom for her to buy it for her saying, "please mom, buy it for me!" And the mom was like, "what do you do in the game?" to which the little girl replied, "you get to take care of babies!" or something like that anyways; I cringed on the inside. And the massive amounts of waggling involved in like every wii game is boring. Can't they come up with some more creative controls??? Then there's nintendo's stubborn persistence in "friend codes". If thing's seriously don't improve with the wii soon, I'm gonna get rid of it. Don't get me wrong though. Some games have done a good job with creative controls and stuff, but Why are the majority of the games on wii "waggling".

There's some hope though, in the Conduit and in the new(yet another one) peripheral; the wii motion plus thing. That game looks like it will be amazing. So If that game doesn't disappoint, I might hang on to my wii for a while. But I'm still disappointed that I have to buy yet another peripheral to enjoy games as they were meant to be played on the wii. I mean, why couldn't they just include the hardware from the beggining when they released the wii ? That kinda pisses me off.

meh... I'm just venting. feel free to discuss.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats what us "hardcore" gamers have been complaining about LOL.........this is so funny but true

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by elopez994 View Post
    I still remember the SNES days....

Good old Super Mario World. =(

thats my favorite Mario........classic!!!!!!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    if you think wii music is that bad it offends you without even having it, then get out of gaming. there are crap games on every system.

true but no other system has a "Party this" Party that" Wii This" Wii That" "Shake this" Shake that" "Lets This" "Lets That" in the title.......... LOL

you sound new to gaming yourself

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by rihopo2 View Post
    I bought my wii back in 07 and bought smash bros. for it. It was an ok game, but I was kinda dissapointed with it. Then I played Twilight princess for it; I was dissapointed with it(particularly two things: the level of difficulty and all the waggling). Then I bought CoD WaW. It's fun and all, but I also dissapointed me(no voice chat support or even ANY way to communicate). Then there's wii music, the game that makes me ashamed to own a wii( I don't own wii music, but the concept of it is retarded).

The bottom line is that the wii is slowly dissapointing me more and more. The immense amount of garbage that comes out on it is almost unbearable. I mean, the other day, I saw a game called"party babies" and this little girl was begging her mom for her to buy it for her saying, "please mom, buy it for me!" And the mom was like, "what do you do in the game?" to which the little girl replied, "you get to take care of babies!" or something like that anyways; I cringed on the inside. And the massive amounts of waggling involved in like every wii game is boring. Can't they come up with some more creative controls??? Then there's nintendo's stubborn persistence in "friend codes". If thing's seriously don't improve with the wii soon, I'm gonna get rid of it. Don't get me wrong though. Some games have done a good job with creative controls and stuff, but Why are the majority of the games on wii "waggling".

There's some hope though, in the Conduit and in the new(yet another one) peripheral; the wii motion plus thing. That game looks like it will be amazing. So If that game doesn't disappoint, I might hang on to my wii for a while. But I'm still disappointed that I have to buy yet another peripheral to enjoy games as they were meant to be played on the wii. I mean, why couldn't they just include the hardware from the beggining when they released the wii ? That kinda pisses me off.

meh... I'm just venting. feel free to discuss.
    Dude, just wait for The Conduit(Coming out June 1, 2009)! It has Wii Speak capabilities and has the best shooter graphics(for a wii). Also MAdworld(Sometime next month) is going to be great too! It has to be the most bloodiest game ever!!

If you are looking for a non-violent game, go with Super MArio Galaxy! Its very entertaining and lasts a REALLY long time. Guitar Hero is also fun! Rockband is fun! Blazing Angels is a great fighting ww2 game where you fly a plane and shoot down enemies or bomb them. Also Star Wars:The force unleashed is insanely fun! Even if you don't like star wars the game is really fun. You get to pick up objects or enemies and throw them or shake them or do what ever you want to them! Look it up, its awesome!

Lastly my favorite is Resident Evil 4: wii edition. This game rocks. It has a 15+ hour campaign and a bunch of side missions and unlockable when you beat the game. LOkk it up and you will be amazed.

I think I listed like 8 games. I know how you feel. I used to be bored with the wii untill I tried out these games. I agree that TLOZ: TP is really easy and kinda dumb, but thats how all Zeldas are. Try out these games and see if you like them.

PS:Madworld and The Conduit are only coming out on the wii!! Show it off to your friends!!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by twenty1 View Post
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats what us "hardcore" gamers have been complaining about LOL.........this is so funny but true
    Wait like another couple months and Nintendo will come out with some "hardcore gaming games"

Member #
    Friends
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    Maybe you don't like Nintendo games, in which case I can understand you being dissapointed because the Wii has pretty much been surviving on 1st party games. Personally I have liked the majority so far because they do remind me of the N64 games that I used to play.

I didn't expect voice chat to be included in COD:WAW as it was released before Wii Speak, although I've always thought that the majority of voice chat in games was more annoying than anything else. Future games should feature it though for people who want that option.

Not sure why you are bothered by Wii Music and Party Babyz. They clearly are not aimed at you and there's no reason to deny the intended audience of games that they may enjoy. Party Babyz actually scored 7.5 on IGN so it's not a shovelware game and I have no objection to games that cater for kids/casuals as long as they are not lazy junk. A bit of something for everyone is fair.

There are already plenty of great games on the Wii from both Nintendo and 3rd parties (e.g. SMG, MP3, NMH, Okami, GH:WT, De Blob, PES, Shaun White etc). There are a lot more 'hardcore' games coming out this year though, with Tenchu, HOD: Overkill, Deadly Creatures this month, the awesome looking Madworld in March and of course The Conduit in June. More 3rd parties are shifting their focus towards the Wii too because it is the biggest selling system and because it's cheaper to develop for (which is good when in a recession).

2009 will be a great year for the Wii so you should really hang onto it. If you don't have a decent PC then supplement the Wii with a 360 or PS3 as well and then you'll be set for a lot of great gaming for the next couple of years.
    Exactly, and the reality is that Ubisoft made bundles of $$$ off of the Petz/Kidz/Babyz line of games, which in turn helps fund development of so-called hardcore games like No More Heroes and Red Steel 2. And if anyone doesn't think there were crap games for any other consoles, they're dreaming.

Honestly, if the TC doesn't like the family-friendly games for the Wii (which nobody is forcing him/her to buy), sell the Wii and get something else...

Member #
    Friends
    1229-2023-7316-8799
    I am getting the feeling that all the hype around The Conduit is going to ruin the game for lots of people. I hope that is not the case, but I am not getting my hopes up.

I am however, looking forward to Wii Sports 2 and Motion+. This is something that would have been great from the get-go, but I don't think the technology was quite there yet (affordable). I am a huge fan of many of the first party titles so far, and the motion plus presents a great opportunity for the new Zelda game, a new StarFox game, etc.
    PM Me for Codes: SSBB, MK, MoH, CoD

Member #
    Friends
    Yes and actually its not called wii sports 2 but is called wii sports resort. It takes place in this tropical resort that is right next to the ocean. Games announced to be included (so far) are: Frisbee (Disc Dog), Jet Skiing (Power Cruising) and Kendo (Sword Play), however, it has been indicated that there will be at least 10 games included in the final product.

Thats not the exciting part though. Its come with WiiMotion Plus. The Wii MotionPlus is an expansion device that allows the Wii Remote to more accurately capture complex motion. According to Nintendo, the sensor in the device supplements the accelerometer and Sensor Bar capabilities of the Wii Remote to enable actions to be rendered identically on the screen in real time. Look it up on Youtube to see how revolutionary it really is.

All this come with the game, the Wiimotion Plus and an extra long wii-jacket to fit on the expansion and is priced around $49.99

GO TO THIS LINK TO SEE MORE -------------->
    Last edited by josh375; 02-17-2009 at 04:48 PM.

Ads