Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234

Price Drops In Near Future?

Hey, im new to Wiichat.com so hi everyone.

Just wondering since i'm thinking of getting a Wii, will there be any Price drops within the near future?

Because its in the middle of its product cycle and well i guess prices should be going slightly down though due to demand prices might stay the same.

Just wanted an outlook of future pricing for the Wii. If Prices arent going down any time soon, i'll probably just pick one up while i can

Thanks,
    Tim

Member #
    Friends
    i would be astonished if there was any price change between now and christmas. demand is still high regardless of the system being a few years old.
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    7428-1297-4526-4482
    I'd say just pick it up. You can't go wrong with the price and like Rukus said their is too much of a demand for them to drop the price.

Member #
    Friends
    PS3 is rumored to price drop soon, the 360 to follow. . . but everything I've read about that says Wii will not drop.

Member #
    Friends
    I dont think the wii will have a price drop for a while. Just as the other say demand is high and they keep on getting sold out...well at least here in NJ

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbits93 View Post
    Hey, im new to Wiichat.com so hi everyone.

Just wondering since i'm thinking of getting a Wii, will there be any Price drops within the near future?

Because its in the middle of its product cycle and well i guess prices should be going slightly down though due to demand prices might stay the same.

Just wanted an outlook of future pricing for the Wii. If Prices arent going down any time soon, i'll probably just pick one up while i can

Thanks,
    Tim
    Not in the near future but most likely in 2011 when the wii hd comes out to america

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    If only i could of found a place that sold it for $269.99 instead of the current price of $279.99 [they sold it for that price prior to christmas] oh well. Will probably pick one up on the weekend though =P

Well im not really betting a 2011 date for the "Wii HD". More like end of 2011 till 2012.

Also always instock now adays anyways [Wal-Mart, Futureshop/Best Buy, Superstore] as i always see them on shelves =P

At least it wasn't like Christmas when everyone wanted to buy one and there were NONE in stock.
    Last edited by Timbits93; 03-03-2009 at 08:19 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbits93 View Post
    If only i could of found a place that sold it for $269.99 instead of the current price of $279.99 [they sold it for that price prior to christmas] oh well. Will probably pick one up on the weekend though =P
    Are you in the US? I thought retail price was $250. IMO you should not pay more unless you really want one and can't wait. (that's what I paid for ours late last year at Wal-Mart. I saw that the local Gamestop had them in stock too)

As long as Nintendo is selling all that they can make, there is no motivation for them to reduce prices. As soon as they start stacking up, that's something they will start to think about. If PS3 and Xbox price drops are expected, I would expect Nintendo to see if that happens and perhaps respond with their own price drop (if sales start to sag.) At the present price structure, I suspect that PS3 and Xbox would benefit more from a reduction which is why I think Nintendo will respond rather than initiate.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I'm in Canada BTW

On a related topic,

The only thing thats in my mind about the Wii is, what are good games that i can have fun with single AND multiplayer on the Wii?

360 and PS3 are out of the question since my PC takes that place and i just want something different for once =)
    Last edited by Timbits93; 03-03-2009 at 09:18 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Doubt there'll be any price drops in the near future, demand is still very, very high.
    As for great multi and single-player games, you can't go wrong with Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Ads