OUR REMOTES STOPPED WORKING TODAY. THEY ARE COMPLETELY CHARGED BUT FAIL TO REGISTER WITH THE HARD DRIVE. ANY SUGGESTIONS
Most likely this will solve your problem:
Wii Remote not being recognized by the Wii Console (lights on the Wii Remote flash when you press a button, but then go out) - Most Common:
Getting the Wii console to recognize (or "sync" with) a Wii Remote, especially one that did not come in the box with your Wii console, may require doing a few additional steps before it can be synced. Additionally, a Wii Remote that was working, but is no longer being recognized (or has "lost its sync") may need to be re-synced. Please use the troubleshooting steps listed below, which our experience has shown can solve many Wii Remote issues.
- Try these steps!
- Turn the Wii console power OFF by pressing the POWER Button on the front of the console. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet for a few seconds. After a few seconds have elapsed, plug the cord back into the wall outlet.
- Turn the power of the Wii console ON. When you see the Health and Safety screen, open the small flap on the front of the Wii console to find a red button labeled "SYNC." Press and hold the SYNC Button down for 15 seconds. This will clear all the syncs on the Wii, allowing you to get a clean start to begin the process described below.
- After holding the SYNC Button on the Wii console down for at least 15 seconds, you can now "re-sync" your Wii Remotes:
- With the first Wii Remote you wish to sync, remove the battery cover on the back of the Wii Remote to find a small red button just below the batteries.
- Press and release the small red button just below the batteries on the Wii Remote; the blue lights on the front of the Wii Remote will blink.
- Quickly press and release the red SYNC button on the inside of the white flap on the front of the Wii console.
- When the Player LED blinking stops and stays lit, the syncing is complete. The LED that is illuminated indicates the player number (1 through 4).
- This sync procedure (steps "a" through "d" above) must be followed for each additional Wii Remote added to the system.