LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

My Mature Game Opinion

Okay, we all know the Wii is primarily a casual gamer/family game console. We also know that Nintendo is planning on expanding the Wii M Rated Lineup. But there has been a lot of controversy surrounding the violent nature of games like Madworld and House of the Dead: Overkill, saying it breaks the status quo and the Wii is drifting towards the 360 and blah blah blah. Well I think it is all crap. I think a line of good M rated games is exactly what the Wii needs. Yes, the wii is a great family console, but that charm is fading fast. Wii Sports is basically forgotten by anyone whose had a Wii more than a month and how many mini-game collections can possibly be made. And now that we think about, were any really that good. There are exceptions, but we all know the action gmaes are the best games on any console. The PS3 and 360 have so many great titles. Killzone 2, BioShock, Street Fighter IV, BioShock, Halo 3, Gears of War 2 and the list goes on and on. 5 of those games are M rated, and 1 is T rated, Mature/Hardcore games are better, it's a fact. The Wii has Galaxy, Brawl, Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3 for it's headliners, and that's prety much it. Before the release of Madworld and Hotd: Overkill, the Wii has only had a few good T/M games. CoD; World at War, Bully, Resident Evil 3, Smackdown vs Raw 09 and MK: Armageddon. Now look, Hotd: Overkill and Madworld are both great games and I'd take both any day over Carnival Games and Mario Party 8. I know the Wii is a family console, but families include teenagers and young adults. The Wii does have one up on the 360 and PS3, as they have very few casual games, Other than sports games, not many are E Rated. If really can put casual and hardcore in the balance with a Good marketing campaign for the mature games, I think the Wii could become the desirable console it was back in 2007. Next thing, the friend codes. But I'll save that for another rant.

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    Quote Originally Posted by subzerobf View Post
    Okay, we all know the Wii is primarily a casual gamer/family game console. We also know that Nintendo is planning on expanding the Wii M Rated Lineup. But there has been a lot of controversy surrounding the violent nature of games like Madworld and House of the Dead: Overkill, saying it breaks the status quo and the Wii is drifting towards the 360 and blah blah blah. Well I think it is all crap. I think a line of good M rated games is exactly what the Wii needs. Yes, the wii is a great family console, but that charm is fading fast. Wii Sports is basically forgotten by anyone whose had a Wii more than a month and how many mini-game collections can possibly be made. And now that we think about, were any really that good. There are exceptions, but we all know the action gmaes are the best games on any console. The PS3 and 360 have so many great titles. Killzone 2, BioShock, Street Fighter IV, BioShock, Halo 3, Gears of War 2 and the list goes on and on. 5 of those games are M rated, and 1 is T rated, Mature/Hardcore games are better, it's a fact. The Wii has Galaxy, Brawl, Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3 for it's headliners, and that's prety much it. Before the release of Madworld and Hotd: Overkill, the Wii has only had a few good T/M games. CoD; World at War, Bully, Resident Evil 3, Smackdown vs Raw 09 and MK: Armageddon. Now look, Hotd: Overkill and Madworld are both great games and I'd take both any day over Carnival Games and Mario Party 8. I know the Wii is a family console, but families include teenagers and young adults. The Wii does have one up on the 360 and PS3, as they have very few casual games, Other than sports games, not many are E Rated. If really can put casual and hardcore in the balance with a Good marketing campaign for the mature games, I think the Wii could become the desirable console it was back in 2007. Next thing, the friend codes. But I'll save that for another rant.
    What the big picture the point of your thread?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    It's laughable that you think your opinion is so important (maybe even unique?) that you post threads all about it.. haha.

All I have to say is that through all that dribble, it's not a fact that mature games are 'better'. What defines a game as good or not has to do with 1) the gamer's opinion, and 2) the actual quality and time that was spent thinking up and producing the game. If someone puts all their heart into a an E 10+ title and another person does the same for an M rated title, it just comes down to preference (beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if you will).

In other words, there are a lot of great non-Mature games, and there are a lot of great mature games. End of. Everything else is pretty obvious, except I don't believe the Wii will ever achieve the glamor it had before it's launch and during the first month or two afterward.
    Last edited by ssbb_lover; 03-13-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Id rather see more good games over some crappy game with a M/18+ mark on the box

The Zelda series never got a 18+ thing on them dose that make them worse than Manhunt that got a 18+ thing on the box?

If all you care about is that print some of them logos out and stick them on some of the good games that dont have them

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    The Wii has more good games than you listed and they sell well despite several not being rated 'M'.

Mature games don't always sell better either, I don't know where that came from.

Anyways the Wii is starting to get more mature titles, its broadening its genres and really becoming a console for everyone it appears.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    but we all know the action gmaes are the best games on any console.
    No, it's definitely the platformers.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    "But Killzone 1, sucked before. So why did you think we wanted more?"

I'm not really bothered by it. People bought the Wii for that purpose. Why would you want to introduce something that is never going to appeal to the five year old kiddies that own one?

Member #
    Friends
    a good game doesnt have to be mature,
    and not every mature game is good.
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    It's actually the blood, gore, and violence that generally imply immaturity.

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    I want good, quality games.

Enough with this mature talk.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Ads