Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wii 4.0 is OUT!

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5774-1600-8617-1427
    This is a pleasant surprise. Didn't know we were allowed to discuss Home brew in the forums (or make mention of it) . I'm glad Nintendo realizes that not just nerds and Otaku want more storage space. I'm still using a 2GB card at this point.
    Witty Catch phrase......

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    accdng to the rules we cannot talk about illegal things, or warez. HBC is not all about cheating and playing illegal backups.
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    Looks pretty sweet I have been waiting.

Member #
    Friends
    this is great!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    HBC is not all about cheating and playing illegal backups.
    Whilst that's true, there is a large number of people who do use it for playing illegal copies of games and cheating.

When their activities ruin the online play of a game I've paid for, then I think it becomes unacceptable and for that reason I'm glad the latest update screws the HBC - I just wish it would brick the wii's of those who have it installed too.

Sorry but I've had too many races on Mario Kart ruined by dickheads out to spoil it for everyone, and for that reason I hate the HBC and all who use it.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hencam[uk] View Post
    Whilst that's true, there is a large number of people who do use it for playing illegal copies of games and cheating.

When their activities ruin the online play of a game I've paid for, then I think it becomes unacceptable and for that reason I'm glad the latest update screws the HBC - I just wish it would brick the wii's of those who have it installed too.

Sorry but I've had too many races on Mario Kart ruined by dickheads out to spoil it for everyone, and for that reason I hate the HBC and all who use it.
    so you want a large number of people, who do nothing wrong using the HBC to be completely screwed by people who use it to ruin a bit of fun for you? you must live in a nanny state where that attitude is acceptable. its not all about you.
    besides, did you read the release comments? it removes the use of many hacks, as well a the ability to install the HBC.
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends

While I agree the people who use it to cheat in online games are dicks, why must all homebrewers suffer when most have no intention of cheating or pirating? Personally I just want to be able to play my import games. I bought the console fair and square, so I should be able to modify it and install programs as I please.

you must live in a nanny state where that attitude is acceptable.
    Unfortunately, yes we are living in a nanny state. In a few years you won't be able to go to toilet in this country without the government poking its nose in.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    so you want a large number of people, who do nothing wrong using the HBC to be completely screwed by people who use it to ruin a bit of fun for you? you must live in a nanny state where that attitude is acceptable. its not all about you.
    besides, did you read the release comments? it removes the use of many hacks, as well a the ability to install the HBC.
    Oh grow up for god's sake!

Yes, it is acceptable, when the software in question (the HBC) provides an easy means for unscrupulous users to play pirate software and cheat online with it, therefore spoiling the experience for those that actually went out and legitimately bought their software. THAT is unacceptable. And unfortunately the fact that the HBC makes it possible is it's downfall. I'm afraid the minority ruin it for the majority of HBC users...

Why are a few so supportive of HBC? Why would you want to run some crappy open source media players and 10+ year old games (Quake) on your Wii?!

I'm sorry I can't see the big deal - is it the thrill of getting something to run on it that normally wouldn't?! The HBC doesn't seem to do anything useful (of course I understand that this is my opinion, but I'd love to hear from those doing amazing things with it that can't be done on a 10 year old PC). As Napalm says, getting import games to run is one of the bigger advantages, but I suspect even that opens it up to Nintendo's wrath as they've region-locked it for a reason (money, probably).

I would have been perfectly happy with HBC to exist if it didn't provide an easy means for idiots to pirate and cheat online, the fact it does means that Nintendo have more than enough justification to target it, and rightly so.
    Last edited by hencam[uk]; 04-13-2009 at 01:50 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Oh grow up for god's sake!

Yes, it is acceptable, when the software in question (the HBC) provides an easy means for unscrupulous users to play pirate software and cheat online with it, therefore spoiling the experience for those that actually went out and legitimately bought their software. THAT is unacceptable. And unfortunately the fact that the HBC makes it possible is it's downfall. I'm afraid the minority ruin it for the majority of HBC users...

Why are a few so supportive of HBC? Why would you want to run some crappy open source media players and 10+ year old games (Quake) on your Wii?!

I'm sorry I can't see the big deal - is it the thrill of getting something to run on it that normally wouldn't?! The HBC doesn't seem to do anything useful (of course I understand that this is my opinion, but I'd love to hear from those doing amazing things with it that can't be done on a 10 year old PC). As Napalm says, getting import games to run is one of the bigger advantages, but I suspect even that opens it up to Nintendo's wrath as they've region-locked it for a reason (money, probably).

I would have been perfectly happy with HBC to exist if it didn't provide an easy means for idiots to pirate and cheat online, the fact it does means that Nintendo have more than enough justification to target it, and rightly so.
    I agree. I have the same problem with tools like R4.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I had the HBC and I didn't cheat online, It opens a world of homebrew video games it opens mahjong (wii compatable), make wii into a DVD player and stuff (But i never did like playing DVD's in my wii. plus play quake and doom on wii (but i wasn't a fan of quake anyhow some ppl like HBC and others don't, but i updated to 4.0 I for one liked HBC.

Ads