Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    What? Nintendo has always used reverse-spinning discs as an anti-piracy measure.
    no they haven't. this has always been dominant rumor even during gamecube era.
    i've watched modded wii's and the gamecube could be opened while spinning. it's the same direction.

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    But it goes from outside to in.

Member #
    Friends
    yea same as on gamecube the discs go backwards its a supposed anti piracy thing yea
    im not sure on my update
    [B][SIZE="3"]az and gill essex
    games: wii sports,alone in the dark,golden compass,manhunt 2,sports party,nfs pro street,newest game need for speed undercover,mario kart,resident evil 4,res evil umbrella chronicles, pro evo football 2008 and all my game cube games lol

mario kart friend code is 5371-0387-5877 if you fancy a race email me or pm me so i know youve added
    im in colchester essex uk and my username is az my guest player would be my mrs and the username is DVA

Member #
    Friends
    the disc's don't spin backwards. the disc read direction is different.

laser wortking towards the inside vs working towardsa the outside.
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    But it goes from outside to in.
    ah! this is the first i've heard it explained so clearly compared to "it reads/spins backwards" so why would the GC read head default to the enter of the drive? prolly because it's the same drive but the software controls it differently.

if it reads from the outside-in i would highly doubt the drives would be physically different at all... it would just be a software change and not put any undue wear on the drive for reading a different direction.

Member #
    Friends
    if it reads from the outside-in i would highly doubt the drives would be physically different at all... it would just be a software change and not put any undue wear on the drive for reading a different direction.
    when it comes to video games, the head is always jumping around anyway, so the head is often moving along its track in both directions.
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    8622-4911-2881-8614
    Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    i use my wii to watch movies a fair bit. broke ass students can't afford stuff that many people think are cheap.
    Well a Wii costs a hell of lot more than a DVD player... so my math says if you can afford a Wii...

there he goes, one of god's own prototypes... a high powered mutant of some kind,
    never even considered for mass production... too weird to live, and too rare to die...

Buy the Ticket... Take the Ride...

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
    Well a Wii costs a hell of lot more than a DVD player... so my math says if you can afford a Wii...
    the wii could have been a gift...
    $30 for a DVD player is $30.
    if you can spend a few minutes to set your wii up in DVD mode for free then that's $30 for something i'd rather pay for.

i remember last year people would shoot down threads that mention DVD part of a wii is a ridiculous feature to request, but no one thinks VC games are lame even if they have a classic NES in their closet... no one thinks the internet browser is ridiculous when they have multiple PCs in their house.

people like the DVD/Blueray on 360 and PS..

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    when it comes to video games, the head is always jumping around anyway, so the head is often moving along its track in both directions.
    I just use my laptop.

Does the DVD player feature have region restrictions?

Member #
    Friends
    8622-4911-2881-8614
    People crack me up. Can't afford seems to = too cheap to buy anymore. Can't afford games or DVDs so they get copies from their friends etc... No wonder the movie studios, music industry, and game companies get so pissed over piracy anymore. People essentially stealing shit left and right.

I must be getting old. Cuz I know for sure when I was younger, and we couldn't afford something, it meant WE DIDN'T GET IT. It didn't mean it was ok to go steal it. It didn't mean it was OK to go do something illegal in some manner to get it. It meant we did without. Something the average person today seems to know little about...

there he goes, one of god's own prototypes... a high powered mutant of some kind,
    never even considered for mass production... too weird to live, and too rare to die...

Buy the Ticket... Take the Ride...

Ads