Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    Sprinter, you must have one hell of an opinion on Limewire and Torrents

Btw, homebrew FTW. I'd download it if I needed/wanted it. I have easier options though. My Xbox 360, my TV (installed DVD player), My computer, and a few other things. I'm too lazy to actually get Homebrew even if I wanted it xD
    Last edited by ARav989; 05-02-2009 at 01:56 PM.

"We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8622-4911-2881-8614
    Actually I've used Limewire and Torrents quite a few times. But unlike the majority of people that do so, I use it to try before I buy. Whatever I download if I like it, I go buy it legit. If I don't, I remove it from my system.

I don't have to mess with that stuff nearly as much today as in years past, companies have gotten smarter with demos etc... I'd much rather try something before I waste cash on it. Especially PC stuff, I want to know it works with my hardware properly before spending money on another coaster...

I got burned way too many times in the past.

there he goes, one of god's own prototypes... a high powered mutant of some kind,
    never even considered for mass production... too weird to live, and too rare to die...

Buy the Ticket... Take the Ride...

Member #
    Friends
    8622-4911-2881-8614
    Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    its called not putting money into the greedy gold-lined pockets of big corporation
    Start a company up, come up with some ideas on your own... Then see how you feel when somebody decides you are too greedy and have too much money, and decided to steal your product... Let me know how that works out for ya.

So by your logic...

I guess you are never buying a car/truck... cuz we all know those companies are greedy and have gold-lined pockets since they are big corporations... I'll stop with one example. But we could go on and on with that one... Don't buy a box of cereal... Kellog's is a greedy gold-lined pocket big corporation etc...

Maybe you should change your name to Robin Hood...

there he goes, one of god's own prototypes... a high powered mutant of some kind,
    never even considered for mass production... too weird to live, and too rare to die...

Buy the Ticket... Take the Ride...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
    Actually I've used Limewire and Torrents quite a few times. But unlike the majority of people that do so, I use it to try before I buy. Whatever I download if I like it, I go buy it legit. If I don't, I remove it from my system.

I don't have to mess with that stuff nearly as much today as in years past, companies have gotten smarter with demos etc... I'd much rather try something before I waste cash on it. Especially PC stuff, I want to know it works with my hardware properly before spending money on another coaster...

I got burned way too many times in the past.
    that's still stealing... reguardless if you remove it from your pc or not.

i always figured if you can improve upon something it's a good thing. i was working on how to install linux on my old xbox (make it 1 heck of a media center pc). technically i'm just putting a different os on it. and its not like i have to pay for linux. unfortunatly my xbox is one of the last ones made and i have to put a chip in it to get this done, so i'm either going to not mess with it, or find an old 1 in a garage sale.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads