LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5 AM in the morning. It says this on their website.
    Now those asses are making me stay up all night just to get a Wii

Member #
    Friends
    If they have systems on Friday, after they told me that they wouldn't until Sunday and they sell out, I'm going Rainbow Six on them.

Member #
    Friends
    that really kind of sounds like it's not true.

then again, it would be a good way of keeping people going out to the stores for them and not seem like they botched the holiday launch by running out of systems in november. They have stated that they did not expect to even come close to selling out on launch day and that you'd be able to find one just about anywhere.

Member #
    Friends

It is 100% True - Fact.

I also have a friend who is doing temp work for toys r us and says they are doing the same thing. I don't know who is calling the shots on this but it is 100% pure unquestionable fact. If you don't believe me, call up the Chicago best buy stores on North avenue or Clark St.

It does sound like it could be BS though because who in their right minds would think that a company could do this. I do agree that it could be a way of covering up a lack of units on hand but still - what country do we live in?

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    I think the guy that told you that was messing with you, as I do have buddies (I am from Chicago) that work at Best Buy and Circuit City. They've told me that they don't have any shipments at their store, as well as my store (Gamecrazy) not having any shipments until around the time (before) Christmas, as our memo had said. They're probably trying to start a rumor to get you all hyped up, but in the end, you'll just be another angry customer.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    It's not an artificail shortage - its actually ensuring that the stores do have the product in store...
    Put it this way. A lot of stores will tell people "We will have wii's in stock on friday"
    So what happens if they get them in on thursday - sell out on thursday - and then someone comes in friday to pick up a wii that they were told would be in stock? Its just the stores covering their asses in case any angry mob of people turn up on friday and there isn't enough wii's left...
    Also its to prevent the hassle of having to phone all their customers and tell them that the wii's have just arrived. or having people phoning all the time to find out if the wii's are in yet.
    In short its to ensure better customer service - weird as that sounds to anyone who's dying to get their hands on a wii

Member #
    Friends

Conspiracy Fits

I had not heard of this Sunday funneling cabbage patch type false shortages...until my son and I spent the day out looking in vain for a WII system.....of course we didn't find one, but the stock person at the Best Buy told us to come back "Sunday".

My favorite is when you ask at Game Spot or EB Games and they look at you like you're insane, even though their doors have signs saying "We have WII"....but at Best Buy we were told to come back "Sunday"

I was shocked to find this forum thread upon returning home, checking on the web to see if in fact we were being cabbage patched yet again

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsgreatest
    YES they are selling them on BLACK FRIDAY ACROSS THE U.S and that is confirmed.

wanna bet.

and as far as this holding out goes...i am a little skeptical myself. it doesn't seem like a sound business decision.

Member #
    Friends
    0415-6074-8999-8552
    last night gamecrazy said they were opening at 10 am because i called them..today i got there at 8:30 and the doors were already open at eight, by the time i got there they were all sold out..and i was eight on the waiting list to get one they said there shipment will be about 1 week away..employees at gamecrazy are officially GAY!

Member #
    Friends
    0415-6074-8999-8552
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru
    wanna bet.

and as far as this holding out goes...i am a little skeptical myself. it doesn't seem like a sound business decision.
    the reason there holding out until Black Friday (today) is to make sure they have some for the big day

Ads