LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by thatstobadd56
    the reason there holding out until Black Friday (today) is to make sure they have some for the big day

they didn't sell any today. from what this guy is saying the "big day" is sunday. but i am not seeing the logic in that. they could have easily moved a ton of them today, without putting any on sale. i guess i just don't buy into the notion that it benefits them to hol dout.

Member #
    Friends
    Gamestop was selling Wii's today.

Member #
    Friends
    I know the regional Walmart distribution center (i.e. warehouse) had 17 palets of Wiis waiting for this weekend. I don't know how many stores were getting those, or exactly when, but I know they had them on launch day and sat on them until now.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wstylz
    Best Buy in Chicago here has about 600-1000 systems in their stores right now as I suspect that the other major retailers do as well. I have confirmed this with
    the stores. They are only selling them on sundays until their inventory runs out due to a contract with nintendo that says they can't sell them on any other day because they want to keep hyping it every week and bring more people into the stores to check availability so that those who can get a system kiss their feet and those who can't eventually get fed up and buy playstation 2's and XBOX's. Even though I had $300 cash in my hand and the store had the system, they refused to sell it to me and told me I would have to wait in line on Sunday like everyone else. Imagine that, a store that thinks it is so big, it can tell me when to spend my money. It's OK though, I have enough time on my hands to post this on every major bulletin board in the country so I will make it my personal mission to do so. Toys R Us is doing the same thing as the other stores are as well.
    No one cares, really. You're not going to make any difference in the amount of people that shop at Best Buy or any other retailer. When you run a business, you make decisions on what is best for the company. Which makes perfect sense as to why Wiis are being held until Sundays: ads always serve one purpose and that is to get people inside the store. If Wiis were just thrown out on a shelf the second they arrived, the stores wouldn't be able to use them in the ad to bring people in. Also, when one person finds the Wiis on the shelves, they will call their friends, who will call their friends. What if you don't have a friend of a friend of a friend who noticed the Wiis were in stock? You should be glad that stores are holding consoles until Sundays, it gives everyone a fair chance of getting one. Not only that, but what makes you so special that you can demand to be sold a console, just because a store has a few in the back? If you don't like it, boycott the retail stores and pay $400 for it on eBay.
    Last edited by Kryptenx; 11-26-2006 at 02:29 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wstylz
    Best Buy in Chicago here has about 600-1000 systems in their stores right now as I suspect that the other major retailers do as well. I have confirmed this with
    the stores. They are only selling them on sundays until their inventory runs out due to a contract with nintendo that says they can't sell them on any other day because they want to keep hyping it every week and bring more people into the stores to check availability so that those who can get a system kiss their feet and those who can't eventually get fed up and buy playstation 2's and XBOX's. Even though I had $300 cash in my hand and the store had the system, they refused to sell it to me and told me I would have to wait in line on Sunday like everyone else. Imagine that, a store that thinks it is so big, it can tell me when to spend my money. It's OK though, I have enough time on my hands to post this on every major bulletin board in the country so I will make it my personal mission to do so. Toys R Us is doing the same thing as the other stores are as well.
    I got my Wii today (11-26-06;sunday ) I was talking to a person who said the wii's had came in three days before hand. I believe you are right when they are trying to add a catalyst to the already burning fire

Member #
    Friends
    This shortage is driving me up the wall. If Nintendo put online on Amazon, they would sell out. They seem to forget that angering customers could drive them to buy other consoles. I was able to preorder a Nintendo 64, and Gamecube without serious problems. I could have bought the Walmart bundle. Walmart is not only evil, they are also stupid. There were 4 kids animation games, and 4 general games. I am not paying $200 for kids animation. The parents won't buy the general games for little kids. What morons!! That bundle was actually available for several hours.

Nintendo, get those consoles online on CyberMonday!! Those of use who
    didn't join with the Shopping Zombies on Black Friday are ready to buy.
    As to the people who sell the consoles for 3 times their retail value, I suggest you use your console to perform a rectal exam!!!

It's time to put the customers first. It's our money, so consumers rule!!

Member #
    Friends

Where's the WII?

Just wanted you all to know I'm still upset. Where are the consoles??

Member #
    Friends
    So stores are only selling them on Sunday?
    I want a Wii so badly but no were to buy it.

Member #
    Friends
    Whats Black Friday?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Mill
    Whats Black Friday?
    Day after Thanksgiving. Big sale day in America.
    I want a Wii so badly but no were to buy it.

Ads