Yahtzee reviews Madwolrd

2. Ads

Thinking About Thinking baseclef51's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2216-8008-0982-7935
    hahahaha

So I guess I'm the only one who doesn't try to lock on to people.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by baseclef51 View Post
    hahahaha

So I guess I'm the only one who doesn't try to lock on to people.
    This is why I got House of the Dead Overkill and not Madworld. I am going to wait for a price drop.

Member #
    Friends
    I know that review is written for 'comedy' but snivelling at the graphics seems a tad harsh, I thought they were pretty amazing, but each to their own I guess.

"Just because it's on the Wii" - so what?!

Doesn't change the fact it's a great game and very fun to play (and why haven't you bought it yet?!)

Thinking About Thinking baseclef51's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2216-8008-0982-7935
    Quote Originally Posted by Godwind View Post
    This is why I got House of the Dead Overkill and not Madworld. I am going to wait for a price drop.
    Funny, I'm waiting for a price drop on House of the Dead.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hencam[uk] View Post
    He's pointing out the fact that people made a big deal about it just because it's a violent game for the Wii, whereas on the 360 or PS3 it probably wouldn't stand out so much.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    I know that review is written for 'comedy' but snivelling at the graphics seems a tad harsh, I thought they were pretty amazing, but each to their own I guess.

Doesn't change the fact it's a great game and very fun to play (and why haven't you bought it yet?!)
    Everyone creates huge hype whenever they see an "M" on the box and blood.

Madworld is a straight beat em' up, not worth a $50 price tag in my mind. But based on what I've heard, it's a great fun.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Member #
    Friends
    The thing that bothers me is that some write Madworld off just because it's on the Wii...

There are lots (and lots) of Wii owners, we have to understand that some of those will like playing mini-games, some will like playing kiddie games, and some will want 'core' games (however you want to define them).

It's good to see more games targeting more types of gamers.

Member #
    Friends

Don't find it too shocking that. A lot of people said that it gets progressively boring. Random arm flailing isn't my cup of tea.

The thing that bothers me is that some write Madworld off just because it's on the Wii...

There are lots (and lots) of Wii owners, we have to understand that some of those will like playing mini-games, some will like playing kiddie games, and some will want 'core' games (however you want to define them).

It's good to see more games targeting more types of gamers.
    They were already making the traditional games for the Wii for quite some time now. I don't know why people are complaining on that all of a sudden. I always thought the hardcore crowd was people that were in for the challenge.

Perhaps your real desire has always been getting a PS3 or an Xbox360.

Member #
    Friends
    Don't find it too shocking that. A lot of people said that it gets progressively boring. Random arm flailing isn't my cup of tea.
    Played it much? 'Random arm flailing' sounds almost like a fanboy who is feeling threatened by a good game on the Wii...

Don't get me wrong, you're entitled to dislike the game, but accusing what are quite well-honed controls as 'random flailing' makes you come across a bit... sovieto.

I actually found it getting more interesting as you progressed - especially the little twists in the story, and discovering the new challenges and ways to earn more points, but I suppose some people have the attention span of a gnat and skip 30 second cutscenes... There are some truly funny moments later on though and some of the bosses offer great moments of gaming.

They were already making the traditional games for the Wii for quite some time now. I don't know why people are complaining on that all of a sudden. I always thought the hardcore crowd was people that were in for the challenge.

Perhaps your real desire has always been getting a PS3 or an Xbox360.
    Think I'll pass, knob-twiddling seems so outdated to me now (see what I did there? )

I know there have been 'core' games for the Wii since it released (I have a few of them - RE4, Godfather, Scarface, NMH, SSBB etc etc), but they certainly didn't have the media attention or advertising spend of HOTDverkill and Madworld.

I don't consider myself 'hardcore' or any particular type of gamer - I just want to play games that are fun and offer something new - and when the Wii is at it's best, that's what you get, and it's why I still have one.

As something that's intended to be fun and offer a unique challenge, Madworld has it in spades - if you're looking for the next messiah in gaming then you're mistaken, but there's no denying there is a lot of fun to be had from the game.

It's a nice touch that when you complete the game you unlock hard mode and double-chainsaws and a katana sword, effectively more than doubling the play-time (you aren't going to complete it very quickly in hard mode - it's HARD!)

Ads