LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member paqman's Avatar
    Member #
    59240
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Question about the new 4.0 update

    So I need to free up some space on my Wii, and I'd like to start putting downloaded games on my SD card, but is there a way to copy the entire games from my Wii, not just the saves, to my SD card? Or do I have to re-download them directly to the card? If so, am I able to re-download games I've already purchased without having to pay for them again?

  2. #2
    Sizzler FoxRox's Avatar
    Member #
    19701
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    251
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1229-2023-7316-8799
    1. The saves are part of the game.
    2. You do not have to pay to re-download games.
    PM Me for Codes: SSBB, MK, MoH, CoD

  3. #3
    WiiChat Member paqman's Avatar
    Member #
    59240
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxRox View Post
    1. The saves are part of the game.
    2. You do not have to pay to re-download games.
    Thanks for the quick response. I realize that the saves are part of the game, but what I meant was, up until this new update, all you could store on the SD cards were the saves. You couldn't store the entire games on there. (without a hack). So now that we can store the whole games on the cards, is there a way to move the whole game from my system to the card, or do I have to re-download?

    But since you say we don't have to pay to re-download, I guess it's not a big deal, as long as my saves will work with the new download.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Member #
    10574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    You could always copy WiiWare and VC games to an SD card even before this update. You just had to manually copy them back before you could play them.

  5. #5
    WiiChat Member paqman's Avatar
    Member #
    59240
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    You could always copy WiiWare and VC games to an SD card even before this update. You just had to manually copy them back before you could play them.
    it wouldn't let me copy any games before, only the saves. I have World of Goo and Lost Winds, and neither of them would let me copy the whole games off. But I'll try again and see what happens.

    Thanks.

  6. #6
    WiiChat Member paqman's Avatar
    Member #
    59240
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Also, I just realized that on the games I already have downloaded, when I go to the Wii shop channel, it shows those games as "downloaded" and doesn't give me a download link. If I delete one of those games, will it recognize that it's gone, and give me an opportunity to re-download it? I'm just nervous to delete them without assurity that I can re-download them for free.

  7. #7
    WiiChat Member sprinter's Avatar
    Member #
    57908
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    81
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8622-4911-2881-8614
    Quote Originally Posted by paqman View Post
    Also, I just realized that on the games I already have downloaded, when I go to the Wii shop channel, it shows those games as "downloaded" and doesn't give me a download link. If I delete one of those games, will it recognize that it's gone, and give me an opportunity to re-download it? I'm just nervous to delete them without assurity that I can re-download them for free.
    Yes. You can delete ANY content you have paid for and downloaded, and you will not get charged again. Once you delete it, the word downloaded will change to downloadable I believe, if I recall correctly. At any rate you can re-download, without paying for the content again.



    there he goes, one of god's own prototypes... a high powered mutant of some kind,
    never even considered for mass production... too weird to live, and too rare to die...

    Buy the Ticket... Take the Ride...


  8. #8
    WiiChat Member paqman's Avatar
    Member #
    59240
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
    Yes. You can delete ANY content you have paid for and downloaded, and you will not get charged again. Once you delete it, the word downloaded will change to downloadable I believe, if I recall correctly. At any rate you can re-download, without paying for the content again.

    Awesome, thanks!

  9. #9
    WiiChat Member Roselina's Avatar
    Member #
    59000
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    32
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    You dont need to delete and redownload them. Just copy them over. Go into the menu and you'll find the option to copy them. Its pretty easy.

  10. #10
    slightly amused captainff's Avatar
    Member #
    17836
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    807
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5537-0855-7535-2075



    Does that help answer any of your questions?

    ....................


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts