LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Every post of yours just further sinks you into that hole you've dug.

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  2. #22
    WiiChat Member Bob#4's Avatar
    Member #
    55756
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    53
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Godwind View Post
    You're a dipshit because you don't agree with me, wah wah wah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    Every post of yours just further sinks you into that hole you've dug.
    That pretty much says it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godwind
    what makes you sure that they will be good? Neither are out yet and there has yet to been a verdict.
    Monster Hunter 3 is going to be good because it's a sequel to an extremely highly rated game on the PS2 that had over 70 hours of gameplay. It's been in development for a long time and they're putting a large amount of work into it. It's also going to have online co-op, and they're just adding onto Monster Hunter 2. The chance of failure is quite small.

    As for FFCC, it looks promising, it's been in development since the Wii was announced and it has quite a vast world. Though, until I hear more about it it's hard to say. It better not have been in dev for so long just for a -40 hour adventure with little incentive to replay.
    That happens to be what you value in a game. A lot of people will disagree with you. Some people are even upset with the idea of Multiplayer online getting rid of Single Player gameplay. Some people will argue that multiplayer should be a simple addition instead of the core focused package.
    When I said 80+ hour games, I did mean single-player. Oblivion, fallout, several RPG titles (and btw, the wii doesn't even have a well-rated RPG yet.)

    As for those gamers upset with multiplayer being the core component of games, that's the fault of the gamer, not the companies themselves. Gaming businesses realized that most people play the first level of a game's single-player campaign to get the hang of the controls and immediately launch the online and leave the single-player to collect dust.

    CoD4, for example, has an excellently done single-player with an interesting storyline, amazing mapping and cutscenes, and overall you can tell from a glance they put a lot of effort into it and it doesn't have that generic "Stop talking and let me start shooting" storyline every other war game seems to have, as well as hidden items for unlockables and variety in missions.

    Now ask how many players even got through the first two missions before they went online and never touched the single-player again. Companies noticed this trend and stopped putting as much effort into single-player, as they saw it as a waste. It's also just plain logic. Single-player can only last so long, multi-player can be infinitely replayable when it's done right.

    About the conduit.
    As I said before, what will make sure they are actually good?
    It's an FPS, on the Wii, that takes advantage of its online capabilities, takes FULL advantage of its controls, and doesn't look like a dreamcast game *cough CoD5 cough.*(For GOD'S sakes take that with a grain of sand, it's an exaggeration.) The Wii should've had about 10,000 of these by now, and I see the Conduit as more of a gate-opener than the Wii's halo. Nonetheless, the chances of it sucking are low.
    Last edited by Bob#4; 05-11-2009 at 04:16 PM.

  3. #23
    Conquistador T3kNi9e's Avatar
    Member #
    39562
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    2,231
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Godwind View Post
    I will provide my own list based on my opinions soon enough.

    As to be said, my list isn't trying to be geared to being biased. It is merely laziness. It took me awhile to collect data. Trying to correct the list was just not of my interest. I ripped out from a list I designed to be an obvious bias (to refute silly and naive arguments). I was simply too lazy to modify the list I provided. Also to say that I didn't provide information about multiplatform games is a lie. I denoted all exclusives for the Wii were denoted with an asterisk. All games without the Asterisk can be found on other platforms.

    If you want to check out the list I provided, feel free to check it out.
    http://www.giantbomb.com/wii/60-36/w...240582/?page=2

    Also, here is my list of games.
    Bold means I like it
    A red color means I am interested in playing it but don't own it
    Blue means I played it and disliked it
    Games that I don't highlight means I have no interest in it.


    World of Goo
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl*

    Rock Band 2
    Okami
    Bomberman Blast*

    Guitar Hero World Tour
    Tetris Party*
    MaBoShi: The Three Shape Arcade* (I bought it but haven't played it)
    Boom Blox*
    No More Heroes*
    Megaman 9
    Bully: Scholarship Edition

    Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
    Call of Duty: World at War
    Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner
    Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free
    Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 3: Baddest of the Band
    Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective
    Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 5: 8 bit is Enough
    Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
    Mario Kart Wii*
    Art Style: ORBIENT*
    de Blob*
    Lost Winds* (I bought it but haven't played it)
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
    Fifa Soccer 09
    Rock Band
    Wii Fit*
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King*
    Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy*
    Toki Tori*
    WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009
    MLB Power Pros 2008
    Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip
    Wario Land: Shake it!*
    Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
    Groovin' Blocks*
    MySims Kingdom
    Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon*
    Order Up!
    We Love Golf!*
    Lego Batman
    Sam and Max: Season 1
    Animal Crossing: City Folk*
    Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
    Art Style: Cubello*
    Guitar Hero Aerosmith
    SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1
    Monster Lab
    Dokapon Kingdom*
    Naruto: Clash of the Ninja Revolution 2
    Endless Ocean*
    Mushroom Men: Spore Wars*
    Art Style: ROTHEX*
    Dr. Mario Online Rx*
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
    Harvest Moon: Magical Meledoies
    Death Jr. Root of Evil
    MX vs ATV Untamed
    Little League World Series 2008
    Crash Bandicoot: Mind over Mutants
    Magnetica Twist
    Tomb Raider: Underworld
    Skate It
    Block Breaker Deluxe
    Gyrostarr*
    Kung Fu Panda
    King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga
    Monopoly
    Speed Racer
    Nancy Drew: The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
    Disaster: Day of Crisis*
    Nerf N-Strike*
    Active Life: Outdoor Challenge*
    Mario Super Sluggers*
    Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World*

    Samba de Amiga
    Top Spin 3
    Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2
    Space Invaders Get Even*
    Castle of Shikigami 3
    We Ski*
    Rubik's World
    We Ski and Snowboard*
    Sim City Creator
    One Piece: Ultimate Adventure
    Guinness World Records: The Video Game
    Boogie Superstar*
    Defend your Castle
    House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return
    Line Rider 2: Unbound
    Midnight Pool*
    Family Trainer*
    Sonic Unleashed
    Dragon Quest Swords: The Mask Queen and Tower of Mirrors*
    Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility*
    Opoona
    TV Show King
    Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli
    Wild West Guns




    Subject to your opinion dipshit.



    The Wii has 8 of these so called "AAA titles". 3 which are exclusive.
    The PS3 has 12 of these so called "AAA titles". 3 which are exclusive.
    The Xbox360 has 20 of these so called "AAA Titles". 5 which are exclusive.
    That isn't a large gap, now is it? Plus the Xbox360 has been around longer as well. It would be expected for it to have more exclusives.
    Also to say all multi platform games are vastly superior on the PS3/Xbox360 is subject to opinion. You will never catch me playing a shooter with dual analogs. I would rather have my stripped down version and have the Wii controls over what the other two companies offer.




    Some good games have been released on the Wii during this time year. Games such as Little King's Story, Guitar Hero: Metallica, New Play Control! Pikmin 2, Pro Evolution Soccer, Excitebots: Trick Racing, Madworld, Rune Factory Frontier, House of the Dead Overkill and plenty of other games.

    If course I played my Wii with retro games as well. With backwards compatiability with Gamecube games and the addition to the Virtual Console.


    All gaming platforms have incurred poor sales. Also, all consoles have large numbers of choices. The Wii has over 400 titles. The PS3 and Xbox360 have 600 titles, many which are shared between the two. That doesn't sound like variety of choice but simply choosing hardware with similar games.


    I am quite happy with my Wii. I do have a PC and a DS in addition to some older consoles hooked up. I don't have any reason to go out and sell my Wii.




    And yet you would participate in a conversation about it?



    When it becomes a console war debate. People coming in to tell us it is wrong to own a Wii and the idea of having it hooked up or making use of it is criminal as a user. To be beneath those who have a Xbox 360 and PS3 owners.


    This is something that goes unappreciated. People seem to neglect the value of others having opinions that differ from others.



    Not when people start flame baits and bullcrap like that. Gets annoying after awhile.



    That happens to be what you value in a game. A lot of people will disagree with you. Some people are even upset with the idea of Multiplayer online getting rid of Single Player gameplay. Some people will argue that multiplayer should be a simple addition instead of the core focused package.



    Again captain Dipshit, don't assume everyone elses opinions conform to your own.




    What makes you sure that they will be good? Neither are out yet and there has yet to been a verdict.



    As I said before, what will make sure they are actually good?
    That's actually a good list u just did, but still very small for a whole year. Though if u dont like buying THAT many games like me, then it's enough. There's ALOT of games I would buy, but only a few that are really good. Since I dont like to spend too much, I don't actually buy many games per year (per console).
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

  4. #24
    WiiChat Member Godwind's Avatar
    Member #
    55571
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    417
    Friends
    11
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob#4 View Post
    Monster Hunter 3 is going to be good because it's a sequel to an extremely highly rated game on the PS2 that had over 70 hours of gameplay. It's been in development for a long time and they're putting a large amount of work into it. It's also going to have online co-op, and they're just adding onto Monster Hunter 2. The chance of failure is quite small.
    Simply because it is a sequel? I think that is silly. First off, it is made by Capcom. They have been known to crap all over their franchises.
    The Megaman X series?
    Megaman Battle Network Series?
    Final Fight?
    Resident Evil?
    The list can go on.

    Second off, just because the precursor was good doesn't mean it successor will be as good. Virtua Fighter 3 was considered the weakest in the Virtua Fighter series.

    Also, games like Too Human were in development for 9 years. With plenty of money built in. Development time and money doesn't mean a game is going to be good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob#4 View Post
    As for FFCC, it looks promising, it's been in development since the Wii was announced and it has quite a vast world. Though, until I hear more about it it's hard to say. It better not have been in dev for so long just for a -40 hour adventure with little incentive to replay.
    Eyes can be deceiving. Of course it looks good because it made by Square Enix. It always looks "promising" or good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob#4 View Post
    When I said 80+ hour games, I did mean single-player. Oblivion, fallout, several RPG titles (and btw, the wii doesn't even have a well-rated RPG yet.)
    That seems to be a lack of experimentation. If I was asked to name games I think are pretty decent, I would easily mention Fire Emblem and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob#4 View Post
    As for those gamers upset with multiplayer being the core component of games, that's the fault of the gamer, not the companies themselves. Gaming businesses realized that most people play the first level of a game's single-player campaign to get the hang of the controls and immediately launch the online and leave the single-player to collect dust.
    People will argue that games such as Halo 3 are overrated because the story lacked so much depth. Games are being evaluated based on the package that is offered, not the parts alone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob#4 View Post
    Now ask how many players even got through the first two missions before they went online and never touched the single-player again. Companies noticed this trend and stopped putting as much effort into single-player, as they saw it as a waste. It's also just plain logic. Single-player can only last so long, multi-player can be infinitely replayable when it's done right.
    According to Infantry Ward, 60% of players only get achievements that are made via online on the Xbox360. Clearly there are people that play the Single Player mode.

    Also, the idea of single player not be replayable comes off a little silly. There are games where the Single player is worth replaying. There are games that designed the game so it can be replayed again. Ever hear of Game Plus Mode?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob#4 View Post
    About the conduit.

    It's an FPS, on the Wii, that takes advantage of its online capabilities, takes FULL advantage of its controls, and doesn't look like a dreamcast game *cough CoD5 cough.*(For GOD'S sakes take that with a grain of sand, it's an exaggeration.) The Wii should've had about 10,000 of these by now, and I see the Conduit as more of a gate-opener than the Wii's halo. Nonetheless, the chances of it sucking are low.
    You can't put that input in. You haven't played the game to experience the game online or played with the controls. Parroting the same bullcrap hype like other people.

    The chances of the conduit not being good is the same as it not being bad.



    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e View Post
    That's actually a good list u just did, but still very small for a whole year. Though if u dont like buying THAT many games like me, then it's enough. There's ALOT of games I would buy, but only a few that are really good. Since I dont like to spend too much, I don't actually buy many games per year (per console).
    I like to games at a discounted price. Even though the games does have its appeal to me, not each one is worth the full $50. I also buy some older games for my system thanks to backwards compatibility. There are some Gamecube games I am still interested in picking up. Same goes for some of my older consoles.

    I will probably get a PS3 or an Xbox360 eventually. Both have games I want but it is a tough decision.

  5. #25
    WiiChat Member Bob#4's Avatar
    Member #
    55756
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    53
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Your argument is..almost confusing. You deny every single piece of hype to attached to a game, when anyone knows that sometimes games CAN look good and show a lot of promise, and those games have a tendency of being good or at the very least decent. There are anomalies like Too Human, but overall games with good funds and development time can make it far.

    However, while you deny hype, you claim that the Wii has some 5,000,000 great titles worth buying and that games on the wii that don't even have 1/8th of the content of their heavy console counterparts are better merely because there's some waggle and a pointer.

    This is quite possibly the first and last time I'll use a smiley, but it's the only thing that embodies what I'm trying to say here:
    Last edited by Bob#4; 05-11-2009 at 08:12 PM.

  6. #26
    WiiChat Member raisinghelen's Avatar
    Member #
    19621
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,052
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob#4 View Post
    When I said 80+ hour games, I did mean single-player. Oblivion, fallout, several RPG titles (and btw, the wii doesn't even have a well-rated RPG yet.)
    Rune Factory: Frontier is an RPG, is well rated (85 on IGN) and lasts well over 80 hours (maybe close to 200). It may not be a typical RPG due to the farming sim element (courtesy of Harvest Moon) but it is still a RPG, a very good one at that and it is on the Wii.

    People often berate the Wii's game line up but a lot of the time it seems to be because they don't know what games are actually out there.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

  7. #27
    WiiChat Member Bob#4's Avatar
    Member #
    55756
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    53
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    Rune Factory: Frontier is an RPG, is well rated (85 on IGN) and lasts well over 80 hours (maybe close to 200). It may not be a typical RPG due to the farming sim element (courtesy of Harvest Moon) but it is still a RPG, a very good one at that and it is on the Wii.

    People often berate the Wii's game line up but a lot of the time it seems to be because they don't know what games are actually out there.
    I'm sorry, I meant RPG in the conventional sense, something like Pokemon or Dragon Quest (the core games, not the spin-offs the Wii currently has). Yes, DQX is on its way, but it's on its way and not here already with nothing else to substitute it, unless you can tolerate poor quality games.

    People often berate the Wii's game line up but a lot of the time it seems to be because they don't know what games are actually out there.
    I've tried a lot of games on the Wii and it has fun games. One of my personal favorites (major first party titles aside) is probably Scarface. I'm not saying the Wii doesn't have any great games, I'm saying there aren't enough of them to satiate gamers.

  8. #28
    WiiChat Member raisinghelen's Avatar
    Member #
    19621
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,052
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob#4 View Post
    I'm sorry, I meant RPG in the conventional sense, something like Pokemon or Dragon Quest (the core games, not the spin-offs the Wii currently has). Yes, DQX is on its way, but it's on its way and not here already with nothing else to substitute it, unless you can tolerate poor quality games.


    I've tried a lot of games on the Wii and it has fun games. One of my personal favorites (major first party titles aside) is probably Scarface. I'm not saying the Wii doesn't have any great games, I'm saying there aren't enough of them to satiate gamers.
    The RPG i'm most looking forward to is Arc Rise Fantasia. Rune Factory is a great game though and will keep my RPG needs fulfilled until then. Don't think I've ever played a Dragon Quest game before.

    Scarface was good, the closest thing to GTA on Wii for sure. I think part of the problem with the Wii's game line up is that there are good games but they often get lost in the sea of shovelware and then don't get the sales that they deserve.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

  9. #29
    WiiChat Member Kage848's Avatar
    Member #
    56143
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    70
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    OK fair enough Godwind.

    I still think your wasting your time here.

    Anyone who cant understand why people like the Wii are not ganna be convinced no matter what you say. They have made up there minds, fan boys or not.

    But if you enjoy this kinda thing then keep up the good fight.


    PS: About Madworld: Not every game has to be 60hrs long. Madworld is hella-fun. a Grade A beat-um-up. IGN, the same people that rate all the PS3/360 games so high, gave it what, a 90 something? I guess they didnt know what there doing when there reviewing Madworld?

    Bah never mind, now im getting drawn into this crap.

  10. #30
    WiiChat Member Godwind's Avatar
    Member #
    55571
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    417
    Friends
    11
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob#4 View Post
    I'm sorry, I meant RPG in the conventional sense, something like Pokemon or Dragon Quest (the core games, not the spin-offs the Wii currently has).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob#4 View Post
    As for FFCC, it looks promising, it's been in development since the Wii was announced and it has quite a vast world.
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is a spin off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob#4 View Post
    However, while you deny hype, you claim that the Wii has some 5,000,000 great titles worth buying and that games on the wii that don't even have 1/8th of the content of their heavy console counterparts are better merely because there's some waggle and a pointer.
    I never said the Wii had an insane GREAT titles that are MUST HAVES. I probably wouldn't even bother playing/buying most of the games I listed. Your never going to find me playing games such as Pro Evolution Soccer or WWE Smackdown vs RAW or Groov'n Blocks. However, there are people would actually enjoy these games, hence why I listed them.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

froontlinesfuelofwar for the wii

Click on a term to search for related topics.