LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Newbie wannabe question

Howdy,
    I am interested in using the wii as an adventure (maybe D&D) gaming platform. <U>My MAIN GOAL</U> here is to exercise. It seems fun to run around different places swinging swords or whatever, work up a sweat, and rarely visit the same scene/scenario twice.

Am I in the wrong forum to do this? Is this the type of thing wii does? Mostly what I see in the You-Tubes is folks planted on a chair and wiggling their thumbs. I want to be standing up and moving (running & swinging) around ... the more whole-body motion the better.

Tennis would work but it seems boring and I do not understand how the legs get involved. I much prefer to stay away from the cartoon characters (Mario and the like) and get more into the D&D type characters.

Finally I also enjoy pool (billiards). Is there such a thing for wii?
    Sure hope someone can point me in the right direction. I live in a very remote area. It is over 100 miles to the nearest town and I hate to go there searching as my time away is limited.

Thanks very much for any help and advice you can offer.
    Dr Dan

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends

wii platform

Quote Originally Posted by DrDan View Post
    Howdy,
    I am interested in using the wii as an adventure (maybe D&D) gaming platform. <U>My MAIN GOAL</U> here is to exercise. It seems fun to run around different places swinging swords or whatever, work up a sweat, and rarely visit the same scene/scenario twice.

Am I in the wrong forum to do this? Is this the type of thing wii does? Mostly what I see in the You-Tubes is folks planted on a chair and wiggling their thumbs. I want to be standing up and moving (running & swinging) around ... the more whole-body motion the better.

Tennis would work but it seems boring and I do not understand how the legs get involved. I much prefer to stay away from the cartoon characters (Mario and the like) and get more into the D&D type characters.

Sure hope someone can point me in the right direction. I live in a very remote area. It is over 100 miles to the nearest town and I hate to go there searching as my time away is limited.

Thanks very much for any help and advice you can offer.
    Dr Dan
    just some interesting info: a lot of the wii characters are cartoon types;the wii fit is xcellent for excersise. the wii is a wise investment!
    COD W@W Wii : HIGHLANDER Prestige lvl 7+ Friend code :395324455934 Shoot'm up [email]d8s8t8
    @hotmail.com[/email
    wii code 6638 1864 7528 6098
    COD Modern warfare 'reflexxxxx'code
    544697378080 . This is my new fc

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDan View Post
    Howdy,
    Dinosaur hunter is coming out for the Wii soonish
    I think thats as close as you can get (Zeldas close to d&d but its not free running)

Theres four pool games on the Wii (excluding the Virtual console and Wiiware)
    http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/...S&genre=SNOOKE
    I cant say if there any good tho

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    You GOTTA be like 40 and I bet you're an actual Dr!
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    You guys are great. Thanks much for the inputs. I plan to purchase a wii ASAP.
    So far as being 40! WOW. That would be a compliment to be THAT young. There is nothing wrong with DRs either. All it really means is one is officially qualified to philosophise within their specific doctrine. We can all do it but ... Drs do it better ... and officially - sometimes even paid to do it.
    Thanks again,
    Dr Dan

Member #
    Friends
    oh im definitely not putting you down. I wish I had a DR's degree for sure. I can just tell you are an older person who is obviously smart just by the way you are talking.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Ads