LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    That Beginning of the World or whatever it's called looks fantastic too. It's like the serious Final Fantasy game the Wii has been needing. All the FF we've gotten so far is that Crystal crap.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodine View Post
    That Beginning of the World or whatever it's called looks fantastic too. It's like the serious Final Fantasy game the Wii has been needing. All the FF we've gotten so far is that Crystal crap.
    I believe your talking about FF:The Crystal Bearers (which is ironic because technically it is the latest version of "that crystal crap"). The game does look much better than the other crystal chronicles games. The first few were all so painstakingly boring that I couldn't stand to play them for like 2 hours. All of the story was told threw scrolling text (lazy ass developers). It was very refreashing to see a good bit of dialog and some interesting story bits in the debut trailer. Looks extremely good and definitely 100x better than the other games in the series.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzapper View Post
    I believe all of our statements are fueled by some degree of personal bias. But no one can deny that there has already been much more attention given to the core Wii gamer so far this year, and with more good games coming on the way. My main point is just to overlook the ho-hum conference and look at the big picture.

P.S. You are right though. Just like you've been telling yourself "Nintendo sucks, and I'm gonna bash em every chance I get" for the past 3 years. Wether that's true or not...you wanna hear it, so you keep telling it to yourself.
    I don't think the Wii sucks, but anything I say is based off of my personal experience.

Such as how every year I hear the same ol "Nintendo is def looking out for the hardcore gamer this year and going to get everything on track with third partys and quality games! 200X will be the year of the Wii!"

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    If you liked the first classic Super Mario game you will love Super Mario Bros Wii because it's like a part 2 to that great classic There are new up grades in the preview like now you are able to freeze opponents instead of burning them. There is also this new ip grade were he is just floating around. It looks like a fun game that you should get

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzapper View Post
    I believe your talking about FF:The Crystal Bearers (which is ironic because technically it is the latest version of "that crystal crap"). The game does look much better than the other crystal chronicles games. The first few were all so painstakingly boring that I couldn't stand to play them for like 2 hours. All of the story was told threw scrolling text (lazy ass developers). It was very refreashing to see a good bit of dialog and some interesting story bits in the debut trailer. Looks extremely good and definitely 100x better than the other games in the series.
    No I'm not talking about that. The one I'm talking about isn't from Square. They just uploaded the trailer for it on the Nintendo Channel.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Ooo, sounds really cool. Tbh, the only E3 I watched was Nintendo's thing last year, and I thought that was good.

Though, I haven't bought a game in a year and a half.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Wow, this conference exceeded whatever expectations I had left.

New Metroid is awesome, it's great to see samus in a more athletic, stylized form. And the cinematics of the trailer were like wow! Though I know I'll miss the attention to detail retro studies was so well known for.

Mario Galaxy 2 is meh, but New Super Mario Bros. Wii looks great! All I can say is THEY'RE FINALLY DOING IT RIGHT! Retro style ftw.

Those will keep the dust off my wii for the upcoming year.

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    LAWL. I see Nintendo's brainwashing is still effective. Congrats. You all got sucked in hard.

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanis View Post
    LAWL. I see Nintendo's brainwashing is still effective. Congrats. You all got sucked in hard.
    We just had low expectations considering last year's E3 presentation, so it didn't take much to impress us.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Personally, the only thing that I was impressed with was Metroid, which looks excellent. Red Steel 2 doesn't count since I saw it in the Ubisoft conference the day before. And the other potentially good things I'm not too bothered about. Galaxy 2 just looks the same, and although I was enjoying Galaxy, I got a bit bored of it. New Super Mario Bros. Wii would only have potential if it had online co-op, for me. Most other games have better counterparts on the PS3. So I was left feeling disappointed, to be honest. Note, this is specifically from my point of view, and my desires.

I know Miyamoto announced the new Zelda in a private round table meeting, but I would have been a lot more hyped if they just showed a video with some nice scenery (like the beginning of the Metroid trailer with the sea and the clouds and that) and then leading it to a Triforce, then slamming a 2010 underneath or something. That would have done for me.

Ads