LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    They wouldn't even allow the people in the meeting to take pictures of what they had.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanis View Post
    LAWL. I see Nintendo's brainwashing is still effective. Congrats. You all got sucked in hard.
    Ok really why do you people feel the need to do this. If we are excited about Nintendo's upcoming games why must you mock us. I really like most of the games that are coming out in Nintendo's line-up this year. The year already started off very strong and big releases are planned for this year and well into 2010. So I personally am highly excited for the upcoming games. However I do understand that everyone will not share that enthusiasm and I respect that, you all are entitled to your opinion. But please don't mock me and say I'm brainwashed. I could say the same thing about you and microsoft! They have brainwashed all of you to thinking you need to pay $50 a year for XBOX Live, when in actuality it is the same thing as the free Playstation Network.

So I understand that you don't like Nintendo anymore and that is fine and good, but please don't mock me and everyonelse who is excited about Nintendo's future.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    That's how Nintendo sells better games than the rest of the companies :P Did they announce a lot of Nintendo DS(i) games?

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by GCommander View Post
    That's how Nintendo sells better games than the rest of the companies :P Did they announce a lot of Nintendo DS(i) games?
    Yeah they did announce quite a few Ds games but the only ones that really looked impressive were Cop: The Recruit and Golden Sun DS. It looks like Sony is putting a lot of gas behind the PSP this year. If these PSP games deliver I may end up getting one. Gran Turismo PSP looked really good.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    Golden Sun 3 is admittedly looking very promising.

The Wii stuff was embarrassing, it truly, truly was. Did you notice the complete lack of audience reaction?

Nintendo trying to appeal to the 'hardcore' audience with a mess of a preview of Metroid (which has never been mainstream to start with), does NOT appeal to 'hardcore' gamers.

All the rest was typical and not amazing, like what XBox were doing. (I didnt see anything from Sony except the new PSP...which isnt amazing either).

Then you get all the 'casual gaming' stuff which has NO place at E3. You dont create hype with "Storybooks for Women", or "Dress Ups in your Hands". PLEASE. I'm suprised Iwata wasnt booed off stage.

We all know Nintendo are VERY rich at the moment, surely they could invest it elsewhere instead of poor casual games, and rinse and repeat adventure/RPGs?

Also the whole "CREATE and PLAY" thing with Wario came off as such a watered down LBP it wasnt funny.

Heres a gameplan for Nintendo:

-STOP making attachments, theres enough now that the Wiimote finally works as it was supposed to.

-INVEST in a solid online system that works, and is similar to the freedom of Sony's and Microsoft's.

-RESOURCE other 3rd party developers for 'real' hardcore games (on-rail shooters are NOT hardcore), and consider purchasing some struggling companies as new 2nd party developers to create some REALLY amazing titles.

Now I KNOW they wont do any of this cos its easier to sell and make profit off easy-to-make casual games, which are appealing to the masses but not the core gamers.

For this I bought a PS3.

If you love your Wii and the games on it, I dont have a problem with it, but you cant say that this year's E3 for them was amazing. It was downright embarrassing, and even moreso compared to what the competition had on show.

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    I have admitted that the conference was kinda ho-hum, but overall if you look at the big picture Nintendo is delivering a lot of good core games this year and next year. E3 is about much more than the conference. And I don't know how a Rail-Shooter is not Hardcore. You can't just say a whole genre is not hardcore. Cause Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles looks more scary and atmospheric than Resident Evil 5 (which was ultimately just an action game, not survival horror). Also Dead Space: Extraction looks good. I personally enjoy rail shooters and if done right (which it looks like Capcom and EA have) they can be very good hardcore games.

Now Playing

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    But but, the Wii Vitality Sensor.

Wii. Vitality. Sensor.

: /

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    From IGN's comments:

"Iwata expressed hopes that some day games could be used as a tool to relax and perhaps even lull to sleep. I think he needs to look no further than the majority of games spoken about at the Nintendo E3 briefing to see that his forward thinking vision is already a reality."

I literally LOL'd...and its 2am.

Look....hardcore is NOT 2 player local co-op on-rails. (Umbrella Chronicles)

Its online 8 player zombie slaying with headsets, DLC, and different game modes. (L4D)

And Left 4 Dead is the real winner, cos its gotten girls (women?) from my college to play videogames, have fun online and not feel theyre being treated as a sexist minority (Nintendo's bunch of shit DS 'games' comes to mind).

So its almost a casual game thats actually fun AND it appeals to hardcore gamers.
    I'm sorry, Nintendo really have nothing but the mascots, and they didnt even reveal a new 'real' Zelda. (I refuse to call a Zelda game where Link rides around on a train a real Zelda game).

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    From IGN's comments:

"Iwata expressed hopes that some day games could be used as a tool to relax and perhaps even lull to sleep. I think he needs to look no further than the majority of games spoken about at the Nintendo E3 briefing to see that his forward thinking vision is already a reality."

Its online 8 player zombie slaying with headsets, DLC, and different game modes. (L4D)

And Left 4 Dead is the real winner, cos its gotten girls (women?) from my college to play videogames, have fun online and not feel theyre being treated as a sexist minority (Nintendo's bunch of shit DS 'games' comes to mind).

So its almost a casual game thats actually fun AND it appeals to hardcore gamers.
    I'm sorry, Nintendo really have nothing but the mascots, and they didnt even reveal a new 'real' Zelda. (I refuse to call a Zelda game where Link rides around on a train a real Zelda game).
    Yes they did

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    From IGN's comments:

Well I think the definition of what "hardcore" truely is, is up to an individual's personal perception. In my opinion something that is hardcore is any game that has a unique hook that will captivate a player for hours and hours. And that is possible with a rail-shooter. Killer 7 is a good example, and Darkside Chronicles atmosphere, scare tactics, and cinematic presentation are what will keep players hooked. With Dead Space it is definitely the new weapons and the pinpoint accurate dismemberment.

There is a highly blurred line between what is and isn't hardcore.

Now Playing

Ads