LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto View Post
    Halo furthered this (to the point where Halo 3 was the 'largest release in entertainment history')
    Halo again furthered this.
    'Customizable', not custom.
    Yes, and Halo has been out for years.
    Halo didn't expand the industry with FPSes. Halo: Combat Evolved sold 6.43 Million Copies while GoldenEye 007 for the Nintendo 64 sold 8.09 Million Copies while Half Life sold 7.85 Millions Copies. Clearly Halo didn't expand on the FPS genre in terms of audience. The best selling game in the Halo series is Halo 3 with 9.72 sales while Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has sold 11.79 Million copies between the Xbox360 sales of of 7.43 Million copies and the sales of the PS3 version of 4.34 million copies.

If Halo expanded on controls, just look at what The Conduit is doing with the Wii Remote.

Wait, so Halo only had customizable maps? That seems a back step from making custom maps from the 90s.

Yes, Halo has been out for years while competitive play has been around before Halo.

Member #
    Friends
    4877-3286-3608-7887
    It would be shit....

Member #
    Friends
    Last gen, and forward. Each FPS did something for its time, and Halo did what it needed to for its. Obviously Master Chief murdered your mother or something so you have a complete and utter hatred towards it.

Still... I don't recall a custom game mode/map editor on a console FPS that could be uploaded for anyone to download, then perhaps being spotlighted and featured.

And I do believe I go to mlgpro.com to see Halo 3 the #1 game on the list for the standings... not to mention how popular it made Machinima.

Then things like regenerating health bars. Yes, you can argue to the end of day about games before it that used this but don't you think it's weird how after Halo, nearly all FPSs used this type of health bar as well?

And sure, The Conduit... I bet you think that's going to be bigger, better, and further the FPS genre more than Halo, right?
    Last edited by Sovieto; 06-17-2009 at 10:51 AM.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    5292-8413-5491-5395
    NoBody read's this thing So why you even TRYING?
    Wii Code 5292-8413-5491-5395

Spoiler Alert!

Best Video Ever \/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

The Master Of Rick Rolling

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Battousai View Post
    NoBody read's this thing So why you even TRYING?
    Godwind and DP.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Last gen, and forward. Each FPS did something for its time, and Halo did what it needed to for its.
    So last gen and forward only? Probably because just about everything done AFTER halo is another shoddy clone of the same shoddy Halo game. In retrospect before Halo, everything has already been done before and has been done bigger and better.

Obviously Master Chief murdered your mother or something so you have a complete and utter hatred towards it.
    My mother was killed by a highly pressurized testosterone from Duke Nukem who was later killed off. And it was awesome. Master Chief is a piece of crap.

Still... I don't recall a custom game mode/map editor on a console FPS that could be uploaded for anyone to download, then perhaps being spotlighted and featured.
    Are you talking about the forge? Again, everything that has been done has already been done before.

And I do believe I go to mlgpro.com to see Halo 3 the #1 game on the list for the standings... not to mention how popular it made Machinima.
    MLGpro isn't the only league out there. A mention off of World Cyber Games and Electronic Sports World Cup? The latter doesn't even have any Halo Competitions. Also, Machinima has done way before Halo. There were things such as Quake movies. Also, it wasn't halo that made Machinima popular, it was crew that made the machinima. There are professional movie studios who make crappy movies based off of video games.

Then things like regenerating health bars. Yes, you can argue to the end of day about games before it that used this but don't you think it's weird how after Halo, nearly all FPSs used this type of health bar as well?
    Quake 4 doesn't use it and there are plenty of players who dislike regenerative health. It did make it for new entrys such as yourself to play First Person Shooters.

And sure, The Conduit... I bet you think that's going to be bigger, better, and further the FPS genre more than Halo, right?
    Wrong. Its another shitty clone of the Halo franchise, a franchise of shittiness. You were earlier pointing out controls as one of the big deals in FPSes so what better kick in the balls about that theory than a new game.

Overall, Halo isn't a bad game, its mediocre. I just hate when Mediocre games are up for "Best game ever", especially when better games of its genres have already come out.

Member #
    Friends
    woah woah woah.
    shut up about halo this thread is about moder warfare 2

here ill sing for infinity ward

infinity,oh inifinity
    make modern warfare 2 for the wii
    we would be very pleased

Member #
    Friends