LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member Andy247's Avatar
    Member #
    59954
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    A small house in England
    Posts
    102
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2810-2655-6636-3175

    What are Third party companies???

    ppl keep going on about Third party games and stuff but i have no idea what third party is!! can somebody please explain in full detail!! much appreciated

  2. #2
    WiiChat Member Skorp's Avatar
    Member #
    8594
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,250
    Friends
    5
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    A game made by nintendo or one of the companies nintendo owns is a first party game. A game made by another company for the wii is a third party game. Basically if it has nintendo characters like Mario, Samus, Kirby, Link (Zelda) then it is generally first party. Games that have no relation to any nintendo characters are usually third party

    Examples:
    Super Mario Galaxy is made by nintendo and is first party.
    The Conduit made by High Voltage Software and Published by Sega is third party.

    People are usually concerned about the difference because nintendo makes the wii and makes software for their system but in order to have a larger library and more games for the system it is important for third parties to make games for the system as well. Nintendo systems have generally relied heavily on first party software and third parties have a hard time making games for the system because nintendo games are such high quality and hard to compete with and customers generally are more comfortable buying nintendo made games because they know they'll be good.

    Sony and Microsoft's systems don't have that many first party games, they rely much more on third party companies to make games for their systems.
    Last edited by Skorp; 07-04-2009 at 11:07 PM.

  3. #3
    WiiChat Member Andy247's Avatar
    Member #
    59954
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    A small house in England
    Posts
    102
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2810-2655-6636-3175
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorp View Post
    A game made by nintendo or one of the companies nintendo owns is a first party game. A game made by another company for the wii is a third party game. Basically if it has nintendo characters like Mario, Samus, Kirby, Link (Zelda) then it is generally first party. Games that have no relation to any nintendo characters are usually third party

    Examples:
    Super Mario Galaxy is made by nintendo and is first party.
    The Conduit made by High Voltage Software and Published by Sega is third party.

    People are usually concerned about the difference because nintendo makes the wii and makes software for their system but in order to have a larger library and more games for the system it is important for third parties to make games for the system as well. Nintendo systems have generally relied heavily on first party software and third parties have a hard time making games for the system because nintendo games are such high quality and hard to compete with and customers generally are more comfortable buying nintendo made games because they know they'll be good.

    Sony and Microsoft's systems don't have that many first party games, they rely much more on third party companies to make games for their systems.
    Thank your a great person

  4. #4
    Senior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Member #
    10574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    There are also Second-Party games too. Those are games made by companies owned or contracted by the main company.

  5. #5
    WiiChat Member Skorp's Avatar
    Member #
    8594
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,250
    Friends
    5
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy247 View Post
    Thank your a great person
    Last time I checked you thought I was an asshole...

  6. #6
    WiiChat Member Andy247's Avatar
    Member #
    59954
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    A small house in England
    Posts
    102
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2810-2655-6636-3175
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorp View Post
    Last time I checked you thought I was an asshole...
    realy i dont remember sorry about that

  7. #7
    Not at the table Carlos Barris1024's Avatar
    Member #
    60505
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    116
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4912-6833-6406-0210
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    There are also Second-Party games too. Those are games made by companies owned or contracted by the main company.
    wait what?
    is that a joke or are you serious? (if you are serious please explain)
    Yeah bro, not funny.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Member #
    10574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Barris1024 View Post
    wait what?
    is that a joke or are you serious? (if you are serious please explain)
    No, I'm serious. Although it's a term that's mostly fallen out of usage anymore for whatever reason. Studios owned by Nintendo but are not Nintendo themselves would be considered second-party developers. Although these days, those games tend to be lumped into the first-party category since they're usually commisioned by and published by the console maker.

  9. #9
    WiiChat Member Skorp's Avatar
    Member #
    8594
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,250
    Friends
    5
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    I might be wrong but I think Metroid Prime is second party.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

2nd party nintendo character
,
2nd party nintendo characters
,
companies owned by nintendo
,
nintendo second party characters
,

third party companies

,
third party nintendo characters
,
what company are third party to nintendo
Click on a term to search for related topics.