LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    lol both of my parents are non-gamers. hated it when i played on the gamecube, although my mum likes the sound of wii...

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I haven't even played it yet. I've been looking for it since the day after launch in stores and haven't found anything.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by tophermike
    my wife and i played it together for about 5 hours the first night, then over the holiday i took it to my parents house and EVERYONE loved it. my mom was rockin the bowling and dad liked tennis. my uncles boxed and my aunt got a fitness age of 32 (not bad since she's 50). the best was when we let grandma take a shot- she tried baseball and hit 2 home runs!

Nintendo will dominate this round of console wars due to the fact that all of those people would never play video games, but just about everyone that was over last night said they will go buy one within the next 6 months.
    For the baseball game does it matter how hard you swing the bat, and does it actually register where you are swinging it, like if you swing it low or high does it measure that?

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by tophermike
    the best was when we let grandma take a shot- she tried baseball and hit 2 home runs!
    Hahahha how funny is that. My Grandmother played and her second swing was a homerun.

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillyhat
    For the baseball game does it matter how hard you swing the bat, and does it actually register where you are swinging it, like if you swing it low or high does it measure that?
    You know, many people report "you dont have to swing hard, just a flick and stuff will work". When I got my Wii I tested it out. When playing Tennis for example I saw that when I swung the Wiimote faster, the ball flew faster. So yes it does register that, but its all game dependant I believe.

Its not like on Zelda if you swing the wiimote really fast and hard the boss is gonna die in one hit. All game dependant.

The Baseball game your asking about actually can tell how Im holding my Wiimote before I swing. Believe it or not the Wii Sports game was the perfect bundle because it truly shows off the 'awesomeness' of the Wii and what it can do.

Member #
    Friends
    my dad is a huge gamer/nintendophile, and he is looking forward to playing when i bring mine home for christmas. i was going to bring it for Thanksgiving, but ran out of time (bombed out of my place at 6am thursday, waaah) and holy crap, i was basically told to not come home without it again . my mom used to be really into playing NES and SNES stuff like SM3, Yoshi's Island, etc and definitely fell into the habit of "jumping" with the controller. I can't wait for her to try it out and be surprised that it'll finally jump with her.

Member #
    Friends
    i am a parent and my wife and i are buying the wii for ourselfes for xmas. it was actualy her idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Ads