LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Thanks guys. It is a Moulin Rouge poster. That couch is where I sit and its about 13-15 feet from the screen. The screen is about 120" diagonal. The large speakers are Omega Hemptone Compact 8s and are used for stereo only and the smaller ones are Phase Technology and that's what I use for surround sound. Its two totally separate systems.

I can't put the Wii in the front because I can't plug it directly into the projector easily. The cable's for the projector run into the ceiling and back to the wire room. I don't want to plug and unplug cables from the projector all the time because the mount has 4 axis tilt adjust to aim the projector and it moves if you push too hard. Then the projector would have to be "re-aimed" at the screen every time you mess with the cables. I'm sure I'll figure it out to be honest, I just was hoping there would be a more elegant solution than strewing cables all over the room.

Member #
    Friends
    Whoa what a set-up, i guess it's a wait to see, what exactly the cable is to the sensor then you could splice it for an extension. IR is relativley uncomplicated and fairly easy to connect.

Member #
    Friends
    That's a good point. I have a hard wired IR repeater in my system right now to carry IR to the other room and I spliced that cable. Very good point. So worst case I just have a long cord running across the room while I'm playing and best case maybe I can extend the cable and run it through the ceiling like the rest of my stuff.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Discuss Wii gaming on the BIG screen and in Home Theaters -No External Links.)

Could Chuck Norris do a roundhouse kick that even Chuck Norris could not block?

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah prob solved i think!, redsteel on that set-up is gonna be mad, I'm jealous..

Member #
    Friends
    I took some new pictures if anyone is interested...

These are basically in order, left to right across the front of the room. The main, unscientific goal was to dampen the front of the room (but not completely deaden) up to and including the first reflection points. Also, the panels in the corner are 6" thick bass traps and their unmeasured impact on the room is NOT subtle to me.

[COLOR="Blue"]Discuss Wii gaming on the BIG screen and in Home Theaters -No External Links.)

Member #
    Friends

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by im_a_super_smash_bro
    ur such a show off!!!
    im sorr, but i have to agree, stop beign SUCH A SHOWOFF! quite frankly we dont care about that room where you play ur games, besides, go show it off when it actually looks nice,
    my opinion, nice equipment, stiggy furniture etc, and too many wires...consider that friendly advice,
    oh, and heres another piece,
    STOP SHOWING OFF,
    the forums here because we talk about the wii, and find solutions for other people, not ot brag about your belongings.

Enoch was right.

WiiChat Member motherbrainrulez's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8024-1926-5495-8435
    i like it! by the end of the year my dads place shud look somethin like that for wen i move in with him.

Thanks to Pepper for the sig
    I am leader of the Super Metroid fanclub

Member #
    Friends
    Wow, the comments here are quite astounding. I'm not sure how this classifies as showing off. Its all about attitude. I'm not rubbing it in. I've worked hard to afford what I have and it is what it is, nothing more. Thank you to the people that made positive comments. To everyone else, I'm sorry you feel that way, but whatever.
    Last edited by imahawki; 06-18-2006 at 03:04 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    id just like to find out.,
    how many people agree with what i just said?
    I do not, initially this thread was to try and solve a problem in a particular setup, seeing that setup is a big help in that regard. There is also a big difference between showing-off and being proud of something you've done and wanting to share it with others.... to the audience they may both look the same, especially in a forum where a lot of inflection/context/etc. can be lost in the pixels, but the its the attitude of the presentation that matters.

imahawki: I like the improvements since the original pictures, a home theater is going to be my first project once i finally get settled into a more permanent place.

just one suggestion though, maybe start a new thread in the lounge at the next update since we haven't really discussed the initial problem since the first few posts and then if people don't want to talk about the home theater they don't keep seeing messages pop up in the wii chat section about it

Ads