Hi guys, this is my first post here. I've not owned, or even really played, a nintendo console since the snes, and I'm considering buying a Wii.
I understand that it's backward compatible so it would be great for me to go back and play gamecube/n64 games. Unfortunately the extent of my knowledge comes from a brief conversation with someone who is really hyped about it at the weekend.
Here are my questions;
1. I'm planning on taking it home for christmas so my family and nephews can play it, what games would you recommend? I was currently thinking wii sports and that super monkey ball thing, and then zelda for myself.
2. This is my main question - If I'm buying this for people to play, I'm obviously going to want an extra controller, aren't I? I assume there will be head to head options in some of the games, rather than taking turns at it (ie tennis?) So if I'm getting an extra controller, what will I want? Another wiimote? Another set of the nunchuks? One of the classic controllers?
3. How much are the old games for nes/snes/n64 to download?
4. Can you just pop Gamecube games straight into it?
5. Are you likely to have to make any changes on your wifi router to gain access with your Wii? (ie. can you access the online content at a hotspot?)
Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions for me.