LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Pit
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Hey guys, keep in mind that little kids will be playing this system, so I don't imagine it is going to be too taxing to play for hours on end.

Member #
    Friends
    7219-3868-1848-6260
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit
    Hey guys, keep in mind that little kids will be playing this system, so I don't imagine it is going to be too taxing to play for hours on end.
    True, very true. I dont think Nintendo would make there Wiimote were a child couldnt pick up the controller. Nintendo is a gamer friendly company. They appeal to all gamers.
    "To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge."

quote by Confucious

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas221
    Well they do say that the wiimote will take DD batteries, and that it is about as heavy as a DS, but the numchuk attatchment is about as heavy as a normal SNES controller.
    Ikes! That sounds like quite the work out. A DS weighs about as much as my multi-format lightgun, actually probably a bit more. And that's heavy enough. A DS in one hand; and another controller in the other (but the SNES pad is light). That's almost TWICE what we're used to! Wow!
    But I'm still going for a Wii at the moment - looks much better than the competition.

Peace,
    tfad

Member #
    Friends
    The thing that i worry about is exactly how repeditive games will be. For example, in a game where you might need to flick the controller up to jump (assuming you jump alot) that one task will become very taxing after hours of play. Does this mean that developers need to consider RSI when making games or will people be limited in the amout of time they can comfotable play the games.
    Last edited by yami_riku; 05-19-2006 at 02:49 AM. Reason: spelling
    What do you call a button masher on the Wii?

Member #
    Friends
    DD batteries? I've never heard of a DD, if you're thinking D battery though - no way nintendo is using those. The wavebird uses two AA if I remember, never had to change mine as I use the wired mostly. I'd expect to see a couple of AAs in the wii-mote. Anyone got evidence to the contrary?

Member #
    Friends
    i just cant wait for the new controler and i dout it will leave u with one arm bigger than the other but who know it might

Member #
    Friends
    of you're really worried about it switch hands for a while, the controller is designed symmetrically so people can use either hand

Member #
    Friends
    lol but knowin me i will think is 2 much efort swiching hands..... im 2 lazy sometimes

Member #
    Friends
    It'll up our endurance, not our muscles. (seriously though) Nothing from the Wii remote would be heavy enough to give us exaggerated muscle growth. But at the same time it'll be difficult for Nintendo to produce a very light controller with such sophisticated sensors in each controller. It's only a matter of time for the remote/nunchuck to get lighter and more responsive.

Try swinging a ds around or a few hours and see if you see any burn! Not likely...
    WiiSports (obviously) / Redsteel / Excite Truck / TC:SO / Rayman RR / Wii Play / Sonic and the Secret Rings / Mad Catz Skinz

Member #
    Friends
    Lol VirtuaCop, we used to have hours and hour long sessions on that thing. Switching Out ever so often.

I do hope that playing for too long won't be a workout. THAT is the only thing that bothers me about the Wii. My Wife and Kids and I sometimes play 30 - 50 round games of Mario Party and my hands get tired from hitting the A button so much. Sore arms, wrists, shoulders after an hour or so wouldnt be cool.

Ads