LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 829 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    Woah! Played Wii for about 4hrs now at in-stores. It is truly great. I have sampled Wii Sports, Wii Play and WarioWare (which gets boring after about 5mins). Wii Tennis and Bowling is soooo dam fun. Me and some mates were only able to sample 2 player mode, but with 4 wii-motes these games would be awesome fun (excluding Warioware) :P
    One note tho, and I hope its only in these WiiPlay and WiiSports titles, the textures seem really low res, like the pool table's carpet looked like a straw mat! Meh anyway it IS tons of fun, and I am still amazed at the different age groups it attracts. An old grandma was mesmerised by Wii Pool for about 10mins.

Member #
    Friends
    3652-5016-7380-6793
    Bad news guys, went to pay off my pre order today at E2 Games and found out that Need For Speed Carbon has been delayed a week in Australia. I know a week isn't long, but I was hoping to race cars all night once I picked my Wii up at midnight on Wednesday. Oh well, I changed my pre order to Rayman instead, killing bunnies is almost as much fun as fleeing the cops in high powered cars...........wait a minute! What about killing bunnies in high powered cars, sounds like the new hit game for 2007

Member #
    Friends
    8426-6514-9175-8079
    Yeah I called my EB in Canberra and they said there not sure if they will have it in stock and I said will I be able to swap it for another game they said yeah sure I was thinking of maybe Super Monkey Ball

See I made it my own! RELIGION *whoosh* wow a 50 page thread bout how there beliefs are right and you are all wrong wow. Oh do want to be different rep! even if I don't help it seems to happen a lot here

Member #
    Friends
    3652-5016-7380-6793
    I've heard some mixed reviews about Super Monkey Ball, alot of the mini games are meant to be pretty crappy, almost to the point of being broken. I'd try before you buy.

Member #
    Friends
    8426-6514-9175-8079
    I heard they are ok minigames but the single player is really strong

See I made it my own! RELIGION *whoosh* wow a 50 page thread bout how there beliefs are right and you are all wrong wow. Oh do want to be different rep! even if I don't help it seems to happen a lot here

Member #
    Friends
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    After so long waiting, I finally had the chance to play the Wii today.

I went in to college to hand in my assessment, and then made a break for the local Myer store. A friend had told me they had the machine set up yesterday, and I was willing to take the chance that it was there today. Getting there, BAM, the Wii setup. It was really interesting seeing how everybody reacted when they walked past the Wii. As so many people in the Americas would know, the Wii is extremely good at attracting people from all walks of life. There were parents, kids, teenagers... just... everybody.

So for the next 7 hours, me and a couple buddies camped the system, and played whenever we got a turn. For the most part, there was a lot of handing it over to other people, but I definately didn't mind, as it was awesome just to watch the Wii in action. The only game running on it was Wii Sports, but damned if I wasn't majorly impressed. As soon as I held the Wiimote in my hand, I was hooked.

To comment on the games, for those Australians who don't trust what the Americans think (I know there's a few of you), they were all bloody excellent. While I didn't play Golf or Boxing, the other three were damn good, with Tennis being the most played of the three.

Tennis is a great game, and is really good for getting used to the Wiimote. The controls are simple, and I didn't even have to adjust. I just picked up and smashed away. As it stands, I was not very good at Wii Sports Tennis, and the only thing I could do consistantly well, was hit power serves every serve. The game is great for two player, and would have been even better with four. I would put this as the #2 game in Wii Sports.

Bowling... ahh, bowling. This is probably the most enjoyable Wii Sports game of the lot. I was addicted to it, and while I only got a few chances to play it, I rocked it hard, and managed a 168 after about 3 shots at it. The curve that you get is very easy to control, despite what I saw in the GameSpot video, in which they couldn't manage to curve it right. I had no problems curving it right, but righties do get a lot of left-curve without even trying. #1 Wii Sports game for sure.

The only other game I was able to play, was Baseball. What can I say about this game? Well, I didn't like it at all. Rather than being fun and silly, it was just downright frustrating. After hearing that voice say "Foul Ball" for about the 100th time, and our consecutive 0 run innings, we gave up on it. My mate managed to hit a few homers off of me, but I was pitching slow curve balls, thinking they would do anything. Honestly, the only 2 pitches worth using, are the fastball, and the splitter. After that, the game is Home Run or bust. If you hit a big slugger, but it doesn't net you a homer, it's gonna be caught. Overall, Baseball just wasn't fun at all. Without even playing Golf or Boxing, I would put this at #5, just because I didn't enjoy myself.

The Wii itself was glorious and beautiful, and we did encounter one slightly worrying problem, and that was, when the genius guy in charge of the console decided to return to the main menu, the controllers suddenly became de-synced. I spent a good 30 minutes trying to tell him how to resync them, and even then I wasn't entirely sure I knew what I was doing. For anyone who is interested in giving the Wii a shot at these stands, go in with the assumption that the controllers will be chained to a weight. This was the most irritating part, was that one of the controllers had a huge cord coming from it, stuck to a weight on the ground. The cord attached to the other Wiimote must have broken, as that was without a cord, and was the favourite for everyone. It's really hard trying to rock out in Tennis, when you're getting caught on a cord and whacking yourself in the head.

To conclude, it was a damn fun time, and I wish I was still there. I am completely reassured of my pre-order, and I will now be seeing the Wii in my dreams until launch day. Hopefully I can finish my last assessment before then, which is actually due on the same day the Wii is released. Could be a major distraction.

Well, I hope you guys got something out of reading this, and I'm sorry if I bored you, or if this doesn't interest you. Just thought I'd share my opinions. This is in fact, the first time I've held a Wiimote, and I couldn't contain myself. Go check out your local Myer's, Target's, TRU's, etc. to see if they have a demo console up. It's worth exploring to find one.

Cheers
    Flip
    *Image Removed By Moderator*

Member #
    Friends
    8426-6514-9175-8079
    God I wish they came to Canberra I'm looking forward to bowling even more and Flip just so you Excite Truck isn't a launch title

Member #
    Friends
    2887-2716-7925-0177
    Monkey Ball?! I wish Mario Galaxy (temporary name) was a launch title! Im starting to imagine mario an his echoing voice in nintendos heads.... Its Meeeeeeeeee Mario! hahahahaha! *CHOP*... wouldnt like to be nintendo right now, cheack out my sig, mario can be so evil!
    I can't choose between my Sigs! Hehe.

This Signature was made by Dan99iel
    We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

Pokemon Diamond Code: 0645 2500 2837
    Name: Daniel (Keepin it simple)

Member #
    Friends
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Harris
    God I wish they came to Canberra I'm looking forward to bowling even more and Flip just so you Excite Truck isn't a launch title
    It was when I pre-ordered it ages ago. And when I asked on these forums. I heard about some stupid delay for Europe, but I didn't realise Australia was affected aswell.
    *Image Removed By Moderator*

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosh1and2
    Bad news guys, went to pay off my pre order today at E2 Games and found out that Need For Speed Carbon has been delayed a week in Australia. I know a week isn't long...
    Oh floogly, a week is long enough for us Toys R Us People

ExciteTruck. To bad its delayed. Not that I had enough money to buy it anyway, im getting Monkeyball and Rayman, then saving for WarioWare Inc.
    Warning: Adult Themes
    Spoiler Alert!

Remove Ads

Ads