LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 389 of 829 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 399 439 489 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 8290
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2882-9149-7173-3516
    kevin07.

thank god he won. i can't see why anyone would want howard.

as for the speech - of course it was long. he's the new ****ing prime minister of one of the most important countries today. as for his wife... she's not ugly. you, sir, are a child.

i really want a 360 and ps2 or ps3. what have the ps3's gone down to in price?

be daring, be different, be impractical,
    be anything that will assert integrity of purpose
    and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers,
    the creatures of commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    PS3's are now $699 from what I know, but have lost some features like backwards compatibility
    Warning: Adult Themes
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2882-9149-7173-3516
    Quote Originally Posted by nkbswe5
    PS3's are now $699 from what I know, but have lost some features like backwards compatibility
    that's still a bit pricey for my pocket. what is backwards compatibility?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Well, I'm ecstatic that Rudd won. Howard was retiring, AND Costello would have become PM if the Liberals one. And that's not cool. I hated how people were going on about how great Costello was. Well, the Libs on 7 were going on about it. I was really waiting for those guys to have a punch up - I swear they got close a few times. There was this really annoying Lib on the end that kept trying to have a biff with the guy that looked kind of like the thunderbird newsreader from Ten (You know, he does random weather?... Wait a minute, nobody here WOULD know him, I think he's only for the North Coast area).

Anyway, the fact is we needed a change. And yeah, Rudd's wife was nodding and smiling next to him, but so what? It's not like he could leave his wife & children at home.

Did anyone notice that Channel 7 cut off the woman running for Benneelong as soon as she mentioned a kid from Pakistan? I'm sure they just ran out of time, but yeah.

Member #
    Friends
    2882-9149-7173-3516
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekiushi
    Well, I'm ecstatic that Rudd won. Howard was retiring, AND Costello would have become PM if the Liberals one. And that's not cool. I hated how people were going on about how great Costello was. Well, the Libs on 7 were going on about it. I was really waiting for those guys to have a punch up - I swear they got close a few times. There was this really annoying Lib on the end that kept trying to have a biff with the guy that looked kind of like the thunderbird newsreader from Ten (You know, he does random weather?... Wait a minute, nobody here WOULD know him, I think he's only for the North Coast area).

Anyway, the fact is we needed a change. And yeah, Rudd's wife was nodding and smiling next to him, but so what? It's not like he could leave his wife & children at home.

Did anyone notice that Channel 7 cut off the woman running for Benneelong as soon as she mentioned a kid from Pakistan? I'm sure they just ran out of time, but yeah.
    maxine mckew. yeah they did cut it off. a little bit... hmm. if you know what i mean.

you should have watched abc. i couldn't have handled all the liberal banter and hopeful speculation on those channels. abc was pretty objective if not slightly labour leaning.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    I think they only cut her off because Costello was about to make his speech? I can't remember exactly. I'm also glad Kevin won, I really think he has great policies for this country and the world. Ekiushi I don't know why you don't like Peter Costello, I might actually prefer him to John Howard.

Member #
    Friends
    4462-3961-4067-6996
    To be honest, I didn't want either to win. Rudd just doesn't seem like a leader to me. Probably because I used to watch him on Sunrise before he was Shadow PM or whatever. And he sung that song and was silly alot of the time. And John Howard, as people already said he was gonna retire in term which was silly, he should've just let Peter Costello be PM around APEC time, then they could've lost and not had any of this silly talk. And maxine Mckew, omg. The crowd clapped at every word she said and she paused all the time and she hadn't even won yet, that's why they cut her off.

Backwards compatability is just so that the PS3 can play PS2 games, not sure about PS1 though. Like the DS being able to play GBA games and wii with Gamecube. But seeing as it didn't sound like you had a PS2 meaning that you have no games for it. There might be no need to worry about backwards comaptability. Unless of course you want to get PS2 games to play on the PS3, but seeing as any of this is too much out of your pocket. There's no need for anything about this. But I typed it anyways. Now I'm just blabbling on....blah blah blah blah........Blah.
    In bed by eight...home by eleven

Member #
    Friends
    2882-9149-7173-3516
    shit, well if it can't play ps2 games as well i don't want it. i might just opt for a ps2. how much could i pick one of those up for? would getting a second hand one be good or ultimately ...detrimental?

ps: i was all for labor, greens or democrats. labor is very similar to lib. but you've got to go for the lesser evil. to me, lib is too business orientated. we can still have a thriving economy without such an unfair tip of the scales. also, i seriously don't want nuclear power. and i definatly want the Kyoto protocol ratified as soon as possible. something has to be done about drugs, too. and uh, gay rights.
    Last edited by owlsgo; 11-24-2007 at 07:57 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    My dislike of Costello actually has nothing to do with his policies or anything like that. I often develop dislikings towards people for no real reason. But I do have a reason for my dislike of Costello (kind of surprising actually). Its just that he tries to be funny and fails. I remember one scene in particular where the Chaser's followed him around in their 'No Gary No' Ad Road Test, and Costello tried to... err play along (or something) and he just wasn't funny. God knows what he was trying to do, but he annoyed me. And that was just ONE attempt at being funny. There's been other attempts... Anyway, that's one of the reasons why I dislike him.

Oh, and I hate the smug looks politicians give. In one of the ads, they had Morris Iemma (I think I've forgotten how to spell his name) with this infuriating smug look on his face. I wanted to smash him. Of course, Rudd couldn't stop smiling during his speech - but I actually like Rudd. I like his voice. It's probably not a good way to judge people, but If I like their voice I tend to like them too. Tom Cruise for instance - smug, I hate his voice, tries to be funny (sometimes), and tells Channel 9 reporters 'You've crossed the line', only to jump on Oprah's couch over the same kind of question a few days after...

I think I got distracted there. Oh, and Maxine McKew (thanks to owlsgo for giving me the name - I didn't feel like googling it to find out), yeah she kept stopping, but yeah, that was because everyone kept cheering her. Goddamn those North Ryde people. I've been to that RSL. And had I been in Nth Ryde, despite my support for Labor - and by extension Maxine, I would not have been down there. Seriously, I would have loved to be the ones that voted Howard out of his chair (if he does lose), but I'm still not going to be down there cheering Maxine on! I'm more of the type that throws insults and cheers at the TV. But hey, if she gets elected - that's great. How long has the area been Liberal? My Father (from Nth Ryde) says it's been Liberal as long as he can remember.

But anyway, more importantly I need to find out who won the Seat of Richmond! Bloody Dr. Sue Page better not have won.

Member #
    Friends
    Seeing as we are on a gaming forum I thought I might post some gaming news!

Well, it really only relates to me, but I preordered Galaxy today from JB, free guide here I come!

And to owlsgo, you can pick up PS2s these days for around $150, better just to get a new one IMO.

KEVIN 07

That is all...

This is not a Play-Asia affiliate link - http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-aecb-49-en.html

Ads