LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 563 of 829 FirstFirst ... 63 463 513 553 561 562 563 564 565 573 613 663 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,630 of 8290
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    Mario Kart Wii has a Europe release date of April 11th. Which means we should get it sometime around then! What's surprising is we'll probably get it before the US.

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    UK, February 20, 2008 - Still gushing wet ones over the apparent disappearance of Super Smash Bros. Brawl in Europe? Well, Nintendo fans, join hands and thank the all-seeing benevolence of Iwata: by way of what we can only assume is some kind of stealth peace offering, Mario Kart Wii is literally trundling to European stores from April 11 2008.

Supporting all manner of control set-ups, including stupid plastic wheel, Wii remote, remote and nunchuck or even your trusty GameCube controller, Mario Kart Wii features 16 brand new tracks alongside 16 old favourites. Throw in 10 battle arenas, online racing for up to 12 simultaneous players (or four players offline), new characters and Mii support, plus - heaven help us all - motorbikes, it's looking like the unfortunate missteps of Double Dash may be but a distant memory.

Interestingly, Nintendo is also set to unveil a new Mario Kart Channel displaying rank positions from online races, as well offering the chance to share and download player Ghost Data. That's not all though - it also seems you'll be able to tell which of your friends are deep in the throes of a Mario Kart face-off and set up a room to chat in before racing commences. Plus you can observe current races before hopping in for the next round, should you so choose.

Doesn't sound bad at all. So, that's April 11 with an estimated retail price of £39.99. Vroom.

Member #
    Friends
    4462-3961-4067-6996
    YES YES YES!!! OMG YES!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!! It makes MOH:H2 not having online and Brawl not even knowing a release date worth it! I seriously am excited about this one....Sounds heaps cool, hope it lives up to the hype...Why couldn't they release Brawl that fast though?
    In bed by eight...home by eleven

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Don't forget European is PAL, so if it doesn't come out here as early (Trauma Centre anyone?), you can import it. Also, we get Wii Fit a month earlier.

This was also in the news recently
    Quote Originally Posted by K-A
    A Dehli Louisiana man found himself under arrest early Monday morning after calling his friend to brag about winning an unidentified Xbox game. 29-year-old Thomas Ballard rang up his pal in the middle of the night to proudly exclaim, "I have killed them all!" Unfortunately he dialed the wrong number, and the woman on the other end called the police. While they of course found no sign of foul play Ballard's residence, they did, in the process of their investigation, discover a 5-year-old warrant from Baton Rouge on a failure to appear in court following a possession of cocaine charge. Police took Ballard into custody, where he is awaiting extradition to Baton Rouge.
    Warning: Adult Themes
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4462-3961-4067-6996
    We should get it at the same time anyways...If we don't I will be angry and yes I might consider importing if that happens too...But they all might be sold out too...I'm still not sure about WiiFit, I'd rather sit back on that one and see where they go with it.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by nkbswe5
    Don't forget European is PAL, so if it doesn't come out here as early (Trauma Centre anyone?), you can import it. Also, we get Wii Fit a month earlier.

This was also in the news recently
    Roflmao

Great news story there

Xbox live gamertag: RogueAgent88

Muse is my hysteria

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by brendo
    Roflmao

Great news story there
    I'm adding you to my Xbox Live, sir.

This is..interesting. I found it while searching for Wii, but it came with other distrubing results so i better not say. This is a real ad from the US magazine 'Stuff'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wii in Australia thread-ds_good.jpg  
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Haha whats the bet alot of the kiddies dont get that one:P

Also Ill be on live a bit later tonight..But of course i Have to watch lost

Xbox live gamertag: RogueAgent88

Muse is my hysteria

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I don't think 'Stuff' was made for kiddies...
    It won't let me add you on XBL, Microsoft problem apparently.
    Try adding me when you're on, I'm nkbswe17

Telltale Games are producing a game for WiiWare, and it will be awesome. Because they are awesome. They were the ones that made the 'Sam & Max' series!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4462-3961-4067-6996
    As if kids don't get that? I do...And it's stupid.

Oh yes...Sam and Max...wooo...?

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    If you've ever bothered playing it you'd know it's good.

New info on WiiWare released
    100 Games: Prata says that there should be around 100 games "available" when the service launches on May 12. But there's a catch. They won't all be available at once, with Nintendo choosing to adopt a Virtual Console-style delivery method and deliver only a few titles at a time.

Bedroom Coders Need Not Apply: When the service was first touted, it sounded like it Nintendo were going to be accommodating small teams with big ideas. Not necessarily true. What they actually meant was small teams from big companies; you still need to be a licensed developer to get a game on the service, and becoming a licensed developer in Nintendo's eyes is neither easy nor cheap.

Feature Sets: Developers will have access to the Wii's full suite of functionality, but will be forced to use none of it. In other words, if a game wants to use Wii Connect 24, save to an SD card and feature online multiplayer, great! If it just wants to be downloaded and played with a GameCube controller, great.

No Demos: You won't get to try before you buy. WiiWare won't be allowing users to download and play demos of a game before purchasing, as Nintendo felt that forcing them to come up with a potentially costly demo ran against the whole point of the service. Instead, it sounds like they just want you to check the Everybody's Nintendo Channel (which must be launching before May 12), watch a trailer or two and make your purchasing decision based off that. Kinda sucky, but then since you can't demo VC games either, hardly surprising.
    Spoiler Alert!

Ads