LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 679 of 829 FirstFirst ... 179 579 629 669 677 678 679 680 681 689 729 779 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,790 of 8290
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Haha, that's not it at all. Just saying that it had no places of interest is ignorant. But no, not everyone would say something as silly as that. And I could think of many places which are definite tourist attractions within South Australia, but I don't think that's important. I'm just saying, know your shit before you talk about it. Go ahead and suggest Sydney, I think it's a great place for tourists, but don't talk about Adelaide if you don't know anything about it.

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    Dude.......start listing all the attractions, its not that hard is it?

I looked up a list of top 10 attractions in Adelaide, I'm seeing: train museums, an oval, a town hall. Thats my part of the "reasearch", so now I "know my shit".

Mate if theyre 'places of interest', Sydney has plenty of them. PLUS all the stuff that makes it a world renowned tourist attraction.

But I'm still interested to hear about all the touristy places that would interest overseas visitors you are talking about, cos you havent mentioned any yet, merely insulted me and called me ignorant.

I'm thinking....unique places, where people could take a photo and be like "WOW! You were in front of the Opera house!!"...."You were at the Eiffel Tower!"...."You were at the Empire State Building!"...."You were at the Adelaide State Librabry..."
    Last edited by Deanis; 01-27-2009 at 04:54 PM.

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanis View Post
    Mate if theyre 'places of interest', Sydney has plenty of them. PLUS all the stuff that makes it a world renowned tourist attraction.
    Have I not already said that?

Quote Originally Posted by Deanis
    But I'm still interested to hear about all the touristy places that would interest overseas visitors you are talking about, cos you havent mentioned any yet, merely insulted me and called me ignorant.

I'm thinking....unique places, where people could take a photo and be like "WOW! You were in front of the Opera house!!"...."You were at the Eiffel Tower!"...."You were at the Empire State Building!"...."You were at the Adelaide State Librabry..."
    Well if we're talking about South Australia, I'd say the Naracoorte Caves - a world heritage spot, also go over to Kangaroo Island - a good place to see a lot of native Australian animals in the wild, and while there also the "Remarkable Rocks" and Seal Bay. If you're looking for things to do around Adelaide, go for the Adelaide Museum, there's a great Indigenous Australia exhibit there... then over to the Migration Museum, which is interesting the first time. The Botanical Gardens are worth checking out, too. Go down Rundle Street and Rundle Mall, check out what's cracking in Australian shops... I could go on, but I don't think I need to.

And there is no "WOW" about the Opera House... it's pretty boring (this coming from a non-Sydney-sider, too). It doesn't really do anything and you don't go inside. Good for a glance, but that's it. And the Harbour Bridge is the same. I mean sure, you can choose to climb it, but no one really does and I've heard it's not that good anyway. I think, if in Sydney, it'd be better to go to Manly, check that out, go to the Powerhouse Museum and stuff, rather than just looking at two objects.

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    Ah k thanks for the insight.

I never really got the idea of checking out famous landmarks either, but it seems the going thing with tourists *shrugs*.

You CAN go in the Opera House if you are seeing a show...if you can be arsed. :P

Sif you wouldnt want to climb over Harbour Bridge, does seem pretty awesome... not sure how much it costs though... I'll have to check sometime.

I tihnk the biggest shame with Sydney, is that if you want to get the best view, and go up Centrepoint Tower it costs you $25...thats a bit harsh for an elevator ride.

BTW, of course Sydney has 'attractions' like that, but I'm sure Adelaide's have their own twist.

Manly certainly is a nice place... but its usually PACKED with people...one of Fox's negatives.

EDIT: DAMN! Youve dropped to like 550 posts. :S

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanis View Post
    Ah k thanks for the insight.

I never really got the idea of checking out famous landmarks either, but it seems the going thing with tourists *shrugs*.

You CAN go in the Opera House if you are seeing a show...if you can be arsed. :P

Sif you wouldnt want to climb over Harbour Bridge, does seem pretty awesome... not sure how much it costs though... I'll have to check sometime.

I tihnk the biggest shame with Sydney, is that if you want to get the best view, and go up Centrepoint Tower it costs you $25...thats a bit harsh for an elevator ride.

BTW, of course Sydney has 'attractions' like that, but I'm sure Adelaide's have their own twist.

Manly certainly is a nice place... but its usually PACKED with people...one of Fox's negatives.
    If I was a tourist I'd rather spend the day at the beach than climbing some bridge. I've never been up the Centrepoint Tower, never really interested me.

Like I said, I had an amazing time in Bordeaux, even though the "attractions" of Bordeaux weren't anywhere near as famous as those in Paris - Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, etc. (all of which I ended up seeing anyway, lolz). Just being in the different environment is so amazing; you notice things that you wouldn't at home, like how amazing some of the architecture is. I was more than happy to just go into town on the weekends when I was in Bordeaux.

EDIT: DAMN! Youve dropped to like 550 posts. :S
    I know, it's great. I remember it took me over a year to get 1000 posts.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I still think Byron has the best attractions. I claim victory for myself.

Anyways - It's so freaking hot lately. But at least I'm no in Adelaide or Melbourne. Ha.

Sig by Deanis

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I'm loving this heatwave! It's like Adelaide's welcoming me home.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    You like heatwaves?
    My god. I am too busy melting. And it's only like 28 here. If that.

Sig by Deanis

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I couldn't stand it if it was humid. That's the best thing about Adelaide... low humidity. When we stopped over in Singapore it was like, death. Adelaide's fantastic like that.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Ah well, its humid here. I didn't think today was so bad. Relatively low humidity at something like 60% from memory. And yes, that is low for me.

Although Adelaide is... 8%. Goddamnit. Still, it's Adelaide.
    Uh, trying to insult it doesn't make me feel any better about it.

But still, at least it's not 45 degrees. As I said, 60% humidity is nothing.

Sig by Deanis

Ads