500 Free Wii Points/ Game
Get online with your Wii console & claim 500 Free Wii Points
This is an Official Nintendo scheme, open to anyone who has not yet
accessed the Wii Shop, or has only done so in the last 30 days.
Takes 5 minutes - and will earn you a free NES or similar title.
-- No need to purchase - this listing has all the information you need --
As part of the Wii Connection Ambassador Program, launched by Nintendo in October of this year, I am offering advice on connecting your Wii console to the internet, and seeing all that is to offer when you take your console online. Nintendo are very keep on people checking out the Wii Shop, which features a range of games, demos, videos and free Wii channels. For this reason they have started a program that gives 500 Free Wii Points out to people accessing the shop for the first time.
If you follow the steps listed below, not only will you get your Wii online, you will also receive 500 free Wii Points, which you can spend at your leisure on the Wii Shop Channel. With your free 500 Free Wii Points you could, for example, download one of these great WiiWare or Virtual Console games to play on your Wii...............
First, you will need to connect your Wii to the internet, if you have not already done so:
N.B. The Wii uses a Wi-Fi connection to get online, so you will need a wireless router for your console to connect to.
Also added a video to help you.
1. On the Wii console's main menu, click on the 'Wii button' in the lower left corner.
2. This will take you to the settings screen. On this screen, click on 'Wii Settings'.
3. In the 'Wii System Settings' menu, click on the blue arrow on the right to reach the second screen of options. On this screen, click the 'Internet' button.
4. Select 'Connection Settings'.
5. Select any open connection, indicated by 'None'.
6. Select 'Wireless Connection'.
7. Select 'Search for an Access Point'.
8. At this point, the Wii console will search for any identifiable Access Points nearby. Once this search has completed, you will be directed to choose the Access Point that you wish to connect to. Click 'OK' to display the list of available Access Points.
9. Select your Access Point from the list of available Access Points. If your connection appears as a closed padlock, then the Access Point requires a security code or passphrase. The security code or passphrase can usually be found on the security tab of your wireless router settings. If your connection signal appears yellow or red, the stability or strength of the connection is not optimal. If possible, remove any obstacles between the Wii console and the Access Point. (I've also found that changing the channel on your router to channel 1 or channel 11 can sometimes help with signal stability and strength)
10. Click 'Save' followed by 'OK' to save your connection settings.....
11. ...and select OK again to start an automatic connection test. If the test succeeds, Internet Setup is complete and your Wii console is now wirelessly connected! Congratulations! You will now be able to go online with your Wii and will have access to the Wii Shop channel.
Next to claim your 500 Free Wii Points................
N.B. In order to claim your free points, you must complete this process within 30 days of first accessing the Wii Shop Channel.
1. Enter the Wii Shop Channel from your Wii home page
2. On the Wii Shop Channel welcome page there is an icon called ‘Connection Ambassador Promotion’
3. Select this and you will be presented with two further icons
4. Select the ‘Person Who Was Helped’ icon on the right
5. You will be prompted to enter the Wii Number of the person who has helped you.
Please enter the code 0676 9311 5127 3577 in the box
6. You will be asked to fill in a short questionnaire
7. You will now need to locate and make a note of your Wii number. To do this, first click on the Message Icon on your Wii home page:
8. Next click on the 'create message' icon, in the bottom left corner of the screen
9. Then click on 'address book' on the right hand side - your Wii number will be displayed there
10. Please send this number to me, by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
11. As soon as I receive and confirm your Wii Number, you will receive the 500 Free Wii Points on your Wii Shop Channel Account, to spend as you wish.
N.B. I will also receive 500 points, as a connection ambassador, for assisting you to connect to the internet and helping you to access the Wii Shop Channel.
If you have any questions, or need further help, please feel free to get in touch, either via the 'ask a question' button, or by emailing me at
Enjoy spending your free Wii Points!